(Topic ID: 19870)

Are there any Stern Real Knocker Kits Available?

By charles4400

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by alexanr1
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

knocker3.jpg
    knocker1.jpg
    knocker2.jpg
    IMG_2309.JPG
    IMG_2311.JPG
    1309_001.jpg
    130360.jpg
    image3041.jpg
    rps20140721_223241.jpg
    IMG_5304.JPG
    IMG_5302.JPG
    IMG_5301.JPG
    tafknocker.jpg
    DSC00580.jpg
    DSC00570_(Medium).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballpal.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#100 9 years ago

Could we use this board for power to make it an easier install.

http://mezelmods.com/collections/diy/products/stern-power-tap

Just trying to figure out the easiest way to do this.

3 months later
    #107 9 years ago

I really do not understand why somebody does not make a kit for the community. At least you would think stern would but nothing but radio silence. I guess people in the know have enough money I guess.

10 months later
    #125 8 years ago

So I am starting to understand how to do this. I am going to try this on my ironman ve when it arrives I am going to get the 50 v from a coil and I am going to put an inline fuse holder with a 4A SB fuse in it between. But I do not know were to grab the 20v.

#128 8 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Flashers, mostly.

So I could piggy back off of a flasher and be good?

2 weeks later
    #134 8 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

No, the power tap provides access to 12V and 5V. You need 50V and 20V for the knocker.

Just an idea but I am pretty sure it is a bad one. Could you get the power to run the setup driver board from a outside power source? Like this adapter http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Adapter-15V-18-5V-19-5V/dp/B004I5ERUW.

1 year later
    #139 7 years ago

Does any buddy know how to make a knocker kit for the new stern games? They all have ticket dispensers so we could piggy back off of that to activate the knocker but we need a power source for the knocker. Some one with more know how please show me how to accomplish this.

#141 7 years ago

Knock Knock somebuddy has to know how to do this.

#144 7 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

I have to believe this would sell like hotcakes? The lack of a knocker in even the LE models is just astounding.

+1

#147 7 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Yes. Follow this guide. The only difference is the current Stern step-up driver board also requires a 20V connection to work properly in addition to what is already shown. I did this on my Metallica and it works great.
    http://www.home.earthlink.net/~pinball_stuff/knocker.htm

Will this work on Ghostbusters and batman 66? Any how in hell to get the extra 20 volts.

1 week later
    #152 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Seems to me that you could use the WPC95 knocker sound that is used on, for example - Monster Bash. That sounds real enough that I think it's a physical one every time it goes off. Someone with a PinSound board in their MB could grab it, then install using Pinball Browser.

Could somebuddy give a link to this sound byte?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballpal.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-there-any-stern-real-knocker-kits-available?tu=pinballpal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.