(Topic ID: 19870)

Are there any Stern Real Knocker Kits Available?

By charles4400

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by alexanr1
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

knocker3.jpg
    knocker1.jpg
    knocker2.jpg
    IMG_2309.JPG
    IMG_2311.JPG
    1309_001.jpg
    130360.jpg
    image3041.jpg
    rps20140721_223241.jpg
    IMG_5304.JPG
    IMG_5302.JPG
    IMG_5301.JPG
    tafknocker.jpg
    DSC00580.jpg
    DSC00570_(Medium).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider apb_enterprises.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 11 years ago

Hey Guy's

These are in the works again... Stay tuned.

Andrew

#11 11 years ago

Goonie,

Not much to it, you have to mount the bracket for the knocker in the cabinet and connect a few wire harnesses to the game. After that you have to simply update the settings in the game and away you go!

Charles, I will post on Pinside and RGP when they are available again.

Thanks

Andrew

#17 11 years ago

Hey Charles,

We worked on making a kit that would work in the backbox. The trouble we found is Stern's backbox is different.... even from same game to same game. The glued wood parts are different, the ballast is in a different spot, wires or groud braid are in the way. Simply put, there was no way to make a simple kit to allow people to do this. If you feel like doing it yourself, let me know. I will let you know what parts you will need and can sell an extension harness to get the wire in the right spot.

Was thinking about turning the coil up a bit too to see if it helps. They come with 23-800's, but I wonder what a 22-600 would sound like, so on. I am messing with that over the next week or so.

Regards,

Andrew

#20 11 years ago

Charles,

Here is the kit mounting location, we went with where DE/Sega installed the knockers in the past...

Thanks,

Andrew

DSC00570_(Medium).JPGDSC00570_(Medium).JPG

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from jarozi:

Are these the same, more or less, as the one's Pinball Life used to sell?

These are the ones Pinball Life sells...

Thanks,

Andrew

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

Thank God someone came up with this. Just got my first Stern a while ago and one more on the way soon. First time I heard that sound I damn near had an aneurism.

I'm not sure if it was divine intervention or a desire to not replace the speakers in my LOTR's again, I suppose either way it worked out!

Thanks,

Andrew

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

So Sterns games that have the software knocker all support a hardware one? Wow, they're really THAT damn cheap to leave out a bracket, some wire, a plunger, and a coil?!!?

It's close, most do. When you get back to early games from Stern the did not. Assembly time, wire, bracket, coil and testing... Not sure what that adds up to.

That said, a pinball machine without a knocker is like a pizza place with no pizza. Does not make sense to me.

Andrew

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider apb_enterprises.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-there-any-stern-real-knocker-kits-available?tu=apb_enterprises and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.