(Topic ID: 215189)

Are there any raffles or way to finance a game?

By local_single

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4286 (resized).JPG
20161129_215237_001 (resized).jpg
20180426_190015 (resized).jpg
20180426_185853 (resized).jpg
LTGBrick (resized).jpg
IMG_0041 (resized).JPG
IMG_4267 (resized).PNG
IMG_4265 (resized).PNG
handicraft-leather-american-cow-sculpture-1656366 (resized).jpg
download (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
03b34434336c81235fac6f998521368b (resized).jpg
d5872805bf22b573a6de92ec85141155 (resized).jpg
ahjVkTsgclU (resized).jpg
IMG_1774 (resized).JPG
supreme-ferrari-kulture-hub-1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 5 years ago

Well I guess I'm one of the few that financed my way through pinball purchases. I used MBNA credit card to do so with some loopholes here in Canada. I'm sure they're similar promos in the states and most likely better.

0% balance transfer for 12 months with a 1% transfer fee. So if let's say I borrowed $5000 my only fee to borrow $5000 for 1 year is $50. Now here is where most people mess up. You must pay the minimum every month in order to stay on the promotional rate. If you miss a payment you default to 20%+ interest. The other thing is the balance must be paid off before the end of the term.

WHAT I DID
I applied for a line of credit before making the purchase. Once line of credit approve I paid with my credit card that gave 2% cash back ($5000, and got $100 cash back at the end of the year). Before the month was up I got a balance transfer for 1 year for 0% and the 1% charge (- $50). I paid money here and there throughout the year and ended up with a balance of let's say $900 at the end of the year. Before the promo was up I paid the balance with the line of credit.

I then immediately reapplied for a second credit card from the same company but I didn't ask about the promo rate. Once I got the new card, I asked to transfered the allowable blance from the old card to the new hence merging the cards together. Since this was a new card, I could apply for another promo term of 0% for 12 months. Asked for $5000 + $900, to cover the balance on the line of credit, for a total of $5900 and bought another machine.

When all was said and done I had paid $0 interest on my payment and ended with more cash in my wallet because of the cash back at the end of the year.

Yes you have to be disciplined and jump through a few hoops but I found this system works for me. I get to enjoy the game and pay it chunks at a time without paying interest.

#133 5 years ago

Man you guys are brutal. If the guy wants to spend his money on a Supreme pinball then so be it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashinstinct.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-there-any-raffles-or-way-to-finance-a-game?tu=flashinstinct and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.