(Topic ID: 215189)

Are there any raffles or way to finance a game?

By local_single

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4286 (resized).JPG
20161129_215237_001 (resized).jpg
20180426_190015 (resized).jpg
20180426_185853 (resized).jpg
LTGBrick (resized).jpg
IMG_0041 (resized).JPG
IMG_4267 (resized).PNG
IMG_4265 (resized).PNG
handicraft-leather-american-cow-sculpture-1656366 (resized).jpg
download (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
03b34434336c81235fac6f998521368b (resized).jpg
d5872805bf22b573a6de92ec85141155 (resized).jpg
ahjVkTsgclU (resized).jpg
IMG_1774 (resized).JPG
supreme-ferrari-kulture-hub-1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnapac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#198 6 years ago

The main question of financing a pinball. Get an interest free credit card and plan to pay it off over 15-18 months...whatever it is. I don’t think you’ll find anyone willing to give you a loan for this.

The above advice is NOT a smart move. If you’re looking for investments...this (all your collectibles) is about as risky as you get. Assume you will loose all of your money you put in and only buy these things because you like it. Just don’t expect anyone to fund your obsession...that’s all on you. If you do make bank on it in the future...good for you, but I think you’re more likely to get struck by lightening.

As far as the smart ass remarks on this thread. I think most are dumbfounded at why anyone would do this. If you have money to burn/can afford it out of pocket, great. If not...well, that’s why we are dumbfounded.

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Conservative? Tell me where to get that kind of guarantee every year.

5-6% return is what I thought was fairly standard. I would love to invest for 9%. Please tell us your secret.

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from local_single:

Yea man fuck me for being born lower middle class having for hard constantly yet barely having a pot to piss in, comparatively while kids like this smug fuck will never have work a day in their life because they were lucky enough to be born into money.
Yea man fuck me for being jealous of that right? Like he can't even drive the car.

Don’t be jealous, be smart. A pinball is a lot of fun, but a horrible investment. If you can’t afford what you want, save...learn to invest...even small amounts. In the near future you will be better off, and maybe afford what you want. Don’t go into debt for this. Just not worth it..IMHO.

#257 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

S&P since inception is roughly 10% on average, not adjusted for inflation, and relatively close to that over periods of 20 years. Actually, fuck it, I'm just gonna blow it all on bricks and gaudy backpacks.

I don’t get the last sentence... but ok. I’ll watch it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnapac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-there-any-raffles-or-way-to-finance-a-game?tu=dnapac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.