(Topic ID: 215189)

Are there any raffles or way to finance a game?

By local_single

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4286 (resized).JPG
20161129_215237_001 (resized).jpg
20180426_190015 (resized).jpg
20180426_185853 (resized).jpg
LTGBrick (resized).jpg
IMG_0041 (resized).JPG
IMG_4267 (resized).PNG
IMG_4265 (resized).PNG
handicraft-leather-american-cow-sculpture-1656366 (resized).jpg
download (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
03b34434336c81235fac6f998521368b (resized).jpg
d5872805bf22b573a6de92ec85141155 (resized).jpg
ahjVkTsgclU (resized).jpg
IMG_1774 (resized).JPG
supreme-ferrari-kulture-hub-1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from local_single:

Until they make a Twin Peaks, Sailor Moon or Sanrio machine this is gonna be what I want.

Man.....

It's a novel day when I can't even lightly poke fun of someone for liking Sailor Moon or Hello Kitty (I love anime ffs) but instead have to chastise them for being dumb enough to finance a Supreme pinball..

And where the hell did the BALLY part of this come from?!?! LOL! Bally hasn't produced a pin in over 20 years! Did you even do any research at all, or are you just being spoonfed information from all the other dweebs that are happy to throw away money because something is red and white using a stolen font....or are you interested in this game: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=155

Bro, and I really mean "bro" because you are exemplifying that term right now:

Just delete your account and pretend this thread never happened. Make a new account, don't mention this at all, and come back in incognito and we will forget this ever happened and welcome you to the community and help you out with tech advice when you inevitably need it because you can't afford to pay a tech, and don't know the first thing about maintaining a pin. We already had a massive thread about the Supreme pin and the nearly universal consensus except for two guys out of 100+ is that it's the most moronic thing we've ever seen. Paying for your BLING with a credit card? You just won the Idioteque Grand Prix. You know what is said about my hometown, and the place I've been a resident of my entire life, Dallas? That we have McMillionaires....guys that buy fancy cars they can't afford to try to pull in chicks, while living in the crappiest apartments. This is *you* right now. Wake. Up.

Design? Sure, okay. But much like I don't know art, I still know s--t when I see it, and that thing is a big steaming pile designed to rob suckers like you of money. That's the DESIGNED INTENT of their products. It's not quality. It's not uniqueness or rarity. I said it on the other thread, I'll say it ad infinitum because I believe it's one of the most relevant things I've ever heard about these kinds of "designer" things: "Fifty dollars for a t-shirt, that's just some ridic....sh------t"

Not mass produced? Give me a break. It's going to be built on the same Stern assembly line that produces THOUSANDS of other pins a year. The only difference is the excessive amount of laziness put into this 'design'....it's the same layout as a game released in 2016 for the home market, with lazy art and sound on it. It's going to be built on a literal assembly line, using the same process as everything else Stern makes. It's not handcrafted, it's not unique. It's LITERALLY a copied product with a different label. See attached picture.

https://www.supremenewyork.com/previews/springsummer2018/accessories/don-t-ask-me-4-shit-stamp <---here's a product you can use. Classy!

Screen-Shot-2018-02-13-at-3.58.01-PM (resized).pngScreen-Shot-2018-02-13-at-3.58.01-PM (resized).png

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

This is basically what I was going to post with the same photo. If this isn't a troll thread... If a Supreme fan knows all the details and still wants to buy one, so be it (perhaps I'm too far out of the loop as I'd never heard of Supreme), but the OP seems unaware that this is just a cheaper, lower-end pinball machine that has been given the Supreme name, and thus, isn't as unique and limited as they think.

It's literally paying thousands to 10k+ extra for them to slap different ink on the same game...just... Paying for THAT with a credit card is just icing on the cake.

I have a card with a 13k credit limit. Have I bought a game on my credit card...um...yes. Am I proud to say that, or can I say from experience that it was a smart decision? Absolutely NOT. It was dumb. I sold the game years ago, and in theory I'm STILL paying for it, depending on how you choose to look at my debt situation. Absolutely one of the top most idiotic things I've ever done.

*edit* Things like this make me GLAD to be "an old" at 36.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

In all seriousness, I must really be backwoods white trash since I've never even heard of the "supreme" brand before I came across this thread.

D/FW ain't hip enough for it. We aren't Brooklyn, clearly.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I've never felt older, I still don't understand what the fuck supreme is. Apparently a lifestyle?

It's a brand. With red and white text.

Like Coca-Cola.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

In my house, we call that a "stupid tax".

I wonder if that term is a regional thing? I've used that also. Would be cool if it was a Texas thing, lol.

The moment this guy said "crib" and "throw money" in his responses was all I needed to see to confirm what was already evident. He's beyond logic or help. He came here looking for validation, and he's not going to get it, so now we are the ones that "can't understand", even though it's clear that most of us are collectors of some things that everyone else would call stupid. Should've gone to the Supreme forums if you were looking for backup, bro. People here aren't afraid to call things as they are, not how we imagine them to be. The crowd here is older, more experienced with money, and more logical than 99.9% of 21 year olds. You'd be wise to listen to some of these guys and take their advice, even if you think I'm an idiot....but you won't...because you're 21 and think you know everything there is to know about the world via the intarwebz and your "culture bros".

2 weeks later
#312 5 years ago

Funny, and this reminded me more of this thread...

https://jalopnik.com/what-a-500-000-crash-looks-like-front-and-center-1825968416

Crashed a McLaren 720s. There's something rather telling in the video.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-there-any-raffles-or-way-to-finance-a-game?tu=Frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.