(Topic ID: 215189)

Are there any raffles or way to finance a game?

By local_single

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4286 (resized).JPG
20161129_215237_001 (resized).jpg
20180426_190015 (resized).jpg
20180426_185853 (resized).jpg
LTGBrick (resized).jpg
IMG_0041 (resized).JPG
IMG_4267 (resized).PNG
IMG_4265 (resized).PNG
handicraft-leather-american-cow-sculpture-1656366 (resized).jpg
download (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
03b34434336c81235fac6f998521368b (resized).jpg
d5872805bf22b573a6de92ec85141155 (resized).jpg
ahjVkTsgclU (resized).jpg
IMG_1774 (resized).JPG
supreme-ferrari-kulture-hub-1 (resized).jpg

There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 5 years ago

Hello my apologies and sorry to bug you all. I don't mean to invade your online space so I will be brief; I'm interested in getting my hands on The Bally Supreme game coming out later on this year but I obviously don't make bank like that.

So as someone who's be collecting Supreme for a little over half a decade, recently with many collabs they've been sold on the site of the collaborator; Lacoste, Louie, Rimowa. So it's safe to assume that this will be sold on Bally's site. See here's the gag though. I don't have 10k+

I assume most of you didn't pay for your games outright, because let's be real the avrage person isn't making rapper money. I saw someone on the pinball subreddit say something about winning a raffle and getting a free game. So I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of one of these raffles. I'm assuming there's a way to finance a table I highly doubt y'all are ballin like that to drop a used car on a toy.

Again, sorry for invading y'alls space and thank you so much, for your time and help

#2 5 years ago

Firestone Financial has been helping operators finance purchasing all types of amusement games for 50 years:

http://www.firestonefinancial.com/

#4 5 years ago

Thank you both <3

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from local_single:

I assume most of you didn't pay for your games outright, because let's be real the avrage person isn't making rapper money.

So true. My 9 games were all given to me by Bernie Sanders, since he felt the rich guy down the street already had his fair share of pinballs and that I deserved some games of my own.

#6 5 years ago

The supreme pinball machine was supposed to be available sometime in the spring/summer.

Since it's a marketing gimmmick with limited availablility, it will probably cost far above what a typical game is sold for.

It probably also won't be available as a raffle item through the usual pinball raffles. They don't generally feature limited edition games.

I can't say I've heard of too many collectors doing financing on pinball machines. It's a luxury item, and going into debt for a luxury item isn't usually a great idea.

However, I've heard of a few distributors who do a rent-to-own sort of model.

You don't have to get the latest and greatest either. There are plenty of used and vintage games available for pretty much any budget anywhere between a few hundred bucks up through a few thousand dollars. Limited edition or rare games can start at $8k or even go up to $30k for some rare collectable prototypes.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

You don't have to get the latest and greatest either. There are plenty of used and vintage games available for pretty much any budget anywhere between a few hundred bucks up through a few thousand dollars.

Doesn’t sound like they’re trying to get into pinball, just collecting Supreme merchandise.

So as someone who's be collecting Supreme for a little over half a decade, recently with many collabs they've been sold on the site of the collaborator; Lacoste, Louie, Rimowa.

#8 5 years ago

I believe most of us have paid for our games outright, many of us have been in the hobby for years.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Doesn’t sound like they’re trying to get into pinball, just collecting Supreme merchandise.

It can't hurt to provide some info about the hobby when interest in one hobby crosses into another

#10 5 years ago

Lol @ Rapper money..

#11 5 years ago

Hello my apologies and sorry to bug you all. I don't mean to invade your online space so I will be brief; I'm interested in getting my hands on The Bally Supreme game coming out later on this year but I obviously don't make bank like that.
So as someone who's be collecting Supreme for a little over half a decade, recently with many collabs they've been sold on the site of the collaborator; Lacoste, Louie, Rimowa. So it's safe to assume that this will be sold on Bally's site. See here's the gag though. I don't have 10k+
I assume most of you didn't pay for your games outright, because let's be real the avrage person isn't making rapper money. I saw someone on the pinball subreddit say something about winning a raffle and getting a free game. So I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of one of these raffles. I'm assuming there's a way to finance a table I highly doubt y'all are ballin like that to drop a used car on a toy.
Again, sorry for invading y'alls space and thank you so much, for your time and help

No such thing as free, dude. And no one should be financing pins except maybe profitable arcade owners/operators. If you can't afford it I recommend you let it go. And if you can afford it I still recommend you let it go. This Supreme pin is a blatant cash-grab rip-off. No offense, but paying 10x what something is worth just because it says Supreme on it is a little crazy. The only way it makes sense to buy this is if you are 100% positive someone else will pay you more for it.

P.s. Pinball is one of the best hobbies out there. If you have any interest in pinball, and not just the Supreme brand, you should know you can buy some excellent used pins in the $1000-$2000 range. And if you can't swing that you can just play pinball at public locations and look for a local league to join.

#12 5 years ago

My kid wanted a couple hundred dollar Supreme shirt to wear to middle school. I found a counterfeit on eBay for $12 that looked identical and he had no idea, but I took credit for being the 'cool Dad' again.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

No such thing as free, dude. And no one should be financing pins except maybe profitable arcade owners/operators. If you can't afford it I recommend you let it go. And if you can afford it I still recommend you let it go. This Supreme pin is a blatant cash-grab rip-off. No offense, but paying 10x what something is worth just because it says Supreme on it is a little crazy. The only way it makes sense to buy this is if you are 100% positive someone else will pay you more for it.
P.s. Pinball is one of the best hobbies out there. If you have any interest in pinball, and not just the Supreme brand, you should know you can buy some excellent used pins in the $1000-$2000 range. And if you can't swing that you can just play pinball at public locations and look for a local league to join.

Man everybody says this but I don't can if it's the re skin of the worst game ever made, this is the first pin theme that appeals to me and my lifestyle so i'd rather get this than say black hole. Everything about it is simple clean and minimal. Until they make a Twin Peaks, Sailor Moon or Sanrio machine this is gonna be what I want. I'm sorry if you think that's silly or frivolous

I don't think it's a bad thing to finance/payment plan it since it's the price of a car no?
But you're right it probably will only be sold though supreme though I'm supe Stern will sell a few on their site that friday.

Pinball is tight but I have no desire to buy a machine as I don't like all the bright colors and designs on most of them. I had a pinball phase last year and I'm past it but I still like it. Most licenses and game themes aren't for me, they're too loud. This is lowkey and more aline with my personal taste. Tales of the Arabian Nights is cool but I wouldn't want to look at that everyday. Please don't take offense to that.

Supreme is a lifestyle brand and this fits into my lifestyle. I'm sure the Supreme supreme nunchucks did nothing special for karate and annoyed karate fighters but in a way it wasn't for them?

#14 5 years ago

Home equity line of credit or reverse mortgage. You can even max out your credit cards as another option.

Supreme is a lifestyle brand and this fits into my lifestyle.

Perfect for those that aren't interested in paying off their house or staying out of debt.

#15 5 years ago

I'd say a large number of people on this board buy their games cash. You are grossly underestimating the number of people that have LOTS of disposable income.

That said, banks do loans and there are some distributors who do financing.

#17 5 years ago

I think all those responding are being Kaneda'ed or catfished.

#18 5 years ago

Man everybody says this but I don't can if it's the re skin of the worst game ever made, this is the first pin theme that appeals to me and my lifestyle so i'd rather get this than say black hole.

28vjlc[1] (resized).jpg28vjlc[1] (resized).jpg

#19 5 years ago

I don't think it's a bad thing to finance/payment plan it since it's the price of a car no?

Everyone has a different idea of what a car costs, but cars that cost what a pin costs are usually owned to get significant, practical use out of--the "cargument" doesn't work here. Pins are more comparable to a Porsche, Ferrari, etc.--a luxury that isn't a daily driver, nor necessary.

As this question has been asked here before, I know the consensus is that you shouldn't own a pin if you have to finance it.

Quoted from DCFAN:

I think all those responding are being Kaneda'ed or catfished.

I agree, this has sounded very much like Kaneda (Anime, TOTAN mention, troll tone, etc. [no Hellcat/Demon talk on the car bit though...hmm)

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Home equity line of credit or reverse mortgage. You can even max out your credit cards as another option.

Perfect for those that aren't interested in paying off their house or staying out of debt.

I don't care about home ownership, I'm moving to NYC by the end of the year. I won't own a car so besides rent this game would be the only thing I'm paying for monthly.

I'm not gonna sit here and defend my hobby, becuase you won't get it man. No matter how I put it you won't see the value in it so I'm not gonna try. I get this is more expensive than every other pin but this is a limited run game, that's not being mass produced.

#21 5 years ago

The OP posted on the Reddit pinball board too. He wants the supreme pinball as cheap as possible so he can resell it.

#22 5 years ago

I'm not gonna sit here and defend my hobby, becuase you won't get it man. No matter how I put it you won't see the value in it so I'm not gonna try. I get this is more expensive than every other pin but this is a limited run game, that's not being mass produced.

Speaking for the group, we're just happy you're here because it's rare for a hobby to be stupider than pinball.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

The OP posted on the Reddit pinball board too. He wants the supreme pinball as cheap as possible so he can resell it.

I'm not trying to resell it I want it for the sake of collecting. I wouldn't resell it for 20 years at the least man if even that.

I want it because it will more than hold it's value and it's a rare object of design and value but that in no way means I'm looking to instantly flip it for a quick buck.

Obviously this price point is out of my depth but I want it and I'm going to see what my options are for getting it and explore them to my max potential

#24 5 years ago

I don't care about home ownership, I'm moving to NYC by the end of the year. I won't own a car so besides rent this game would be the only thing I'm paying for monthly.

Then cash advance the heck out of any credit cards you have and go on and live the dream.

Or if you have any money at all socked away for retirement, now would be a good time to use it.

#25 5 years ago

Until they make a Twin Peaks, Sailor Moon or Sanrio machine this is gonna be what I want.

Man.....

It's a novel day when I can't even lightly poke fun of someone for liking Sailor Moon or Hello Kitty (I love anime ffs) but instead have to chastise them for being dumb enough to finance a Supreme pinball..

And where the hell did the BALLY part of this come from?!?! LOL! Bally hasn't produced a pin in over 20 years! Did you even do any research at all, or are you just being spoonfed information from all the other dweebs that are happy to throw away money because something is red and white using a stolen font....or are you interested in this game: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=155

Bro, and I really mean "bro" because you are exemplifying that term right now:

Just delete your account and pretend this thread never happened. Make a new account, don't mention this at all, and come back in incognito and we will forget this ever happened and welcome you to the community and help you out with tech advice when you inevitably need it because you can't afford to pay a tech, and don't know the first thing about maintaining a pin. We already had a massive thread about the Supreme pin and the nearly universal consensus except for two guys out of 100+ is that it's the most moronic thing we've ever seen. Paying for your BLING with a credit card? You just won the Idioteque Grand Prix. You know what is said about my hometown, and the place I've been a resident of my entire life, Dallas? That we have McMillionaires....guys that buy fancy cars they can't afford to try to pull in chicks, while living in the crappiest apartments. This is *you* right now. Wake. Up.

Design? Sure, okay. But much like I don't know art, I still know s--t when I see it, and that thing is a big steaming pile designed to rob suckers like you of money. That's the DESIGNED INTENT of their products. It's not quality. It's not uniqueness or rarity. I said it on the other thread, I'll say it ad infinitum because I believe it's one of the most relevant things I've ever heard about these kinds of "designer" things: "Fifty dollars for a t-shirt, that's just some ridic....sh------t"

Not mass produced? Give me a break. It's going to be built on the same Stern assembly line that produces THOUSANDS of other pins a year. The only difference is the excessive amount of laziness put into this 'design'....it's the same layout as a game released in 2016 for the home market, with lazy art and sound on it. It's going to be built on a literal assembly line, using the same process as everything else Stern makes. It's not handcrafted, it's not unique. It's LITERALLY a copied product with a different label. See attached picture.

https://www.supremenewyork.com/previews/springsummer2018/accessories/don-t-ask-me-4-shit-stamp <---here's a product you can use. Classy!

Screen-Shot-2018-02-13-at-3.58.01-PM (resized).pngScreen-Shot-2018-02-13-at-3.58.01-PM (resized).png

#26 5 years ago

To Joined-April-22,

Enjoy your ban hammer.

#27 5 years ago

We should all remember not everybody is married, owns a house or is strapped down with any of the other anchors that take away from our freedom to live the way we choose.

One of my favorite quotes when I inquired about buying a Supreme pinball machine made a lot of sense for the lifestyle I would like to lead.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-buying-a-supreme-pinball-help-me-hook-up-with-younger-women#post-4324877

"Take it from me, a guy who has had TONS of ladies, you're gonna need a Supreme pinball machine. This is how it's done, and it works for me.
Start with the approach. I usually say something like "Hey ladies, how's it goin?" The key to this step (and all the steps that follow) is to not break eye contact. Ever. Don't even blink. Before they have a chance to respond, follow up with the killer line: "How many pinball machines do you think I have?"
Hopefully that leaves them thinking. At this point they know 2 key things: 1) This guy probably has pinball machines and 2) He has really dry eyes. Other guys falter here, but not you. You have a secret ace in your pocket that others don't: A 'Supreme' Pinball Machine waiting for her to play at home.
You say "I've got a Supreme Pinball machine, how about THEM apples?!"
Bam. Done. Winner. You've just scored your first babe. Honestly, everything after this is optional. I usually just move on to the next bowling alley lady for round two.
Works every time."

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Man.....
It's a novel day when I can't even lightly poke fun of someone for liking Sailor Moon or Hello Kitty (I love anime ffs) but instead have to chastise them for being dumb enough to finance a Supreme pinball..
And where the hell did the BALLY part of this come from?!?! LOL! Bally hasn't produced a pin in over 20 years! Did you even do any research at all, or are you just being spoonfed information from all the other dweebs that are happy to throw away money because something is red and white using a stolen font....or are you interested in this game: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=155
Bro, and I really mean "bro" because you are exemplifying that term right now:
Just delete your account and pretend this thread never happened. Make a new account, don't mention this at all, and come back in incognito and we will forget this ever happened and welcome you to the community and help you out with tech advice when you inevitably need it because you can't afford to pay a tech, and don't know the first thing about maintaining a pin. We already had a massive thread about the Supreme pin and the nearly universal consensus except for two guys out of 100+ is that it's the most moronic thing we've ever seen. Paying for your BLING with a credit card? You just won the Idioteque Grand Prix. You know what is said about my hometown, and the place I've been a resident of my entire life, Dallas? That we have McMillionaires....guys that buy fancy cars they can't afford to try to pull in chicks, while living in the crappiest apartments. This is *you* right now. Wake. Up.
Design? Sure, okay. But much like I don't know art, I still know s--t when I see it, and that thing is a big steaming pile designed to rob suckers like you of money. That's the DESIGNED INTENT of their products. It's not quality. It's not uniqueness or rarity. I said it on the other thread, I'll say it ad infinitum because I believe it's one of the most relevant things I've ever heard about these kinds of "designer" things: "Fifty dollars for a t-shirt, that's just some ridic....sh------t"
Not mass produced? Give me a break. It's going to be built on the same Stern assembly line that produces THOUSANDS of other pins a year. The only difference is the excessive amount of laziness put into this 'design'....it's the same layout as a game released in 2016 for the home market, with lazy art and sound on it. It's going to be built on a literal assembly line, using the same process as everything else Stern makes. It's not handcrafted, it's not unique. It's LITERALLY a copied product with a different label. See attached picture.
https://www.supremenewyork.com/previews/springsummer2018/accessories/don-t-ask-me-4-shit-stamp <---here's a product you can use. Classy!

This is basically what I was going to post with the same photo (or at least the parts noting it isn't unique). If this isn't a troll thread... If a Supreme fan knows all the details and still wants to buy one, so be it (perhaps I'm too far out of the loop as I'd never heard of Supreme), but the OP seems unaware that this is just a cheaper, lower-end (non-arcade quality) pinball machine that has been given the Supreme name, and thus, isn't as unique and limited as they think.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

This is basically what I was going to post with the same photo. If this isn't a troll thread... If a Supreme fan knows all the details and still wants to buy one, so be it (perhaps I'm too far out of the loop as I'd never heard of Supreme), but the OP seems unaware that this is just a cheaper, lower-end pinball machine that has been given the Supreme name, and thus, isn't as unique and limited as they think.

It's literally paying thousands to 10k+ extra for them to slap different ink on the same game...just... Paying for THAT with a credit card is just icing on the cake.

I have a card with a 13k credit limit. Have I bought a game on my credit card...um...yes. Am I proud to say that, or can I say from experience that it was a smart decision? Absolutely NOT. It was dumb. I sold the game years ago, and in theory I'm STILL paying for it, depending on how you choose to look at my debt situation. Absolutely one of the top most idiotic things I've ever done.

*edit* Things like this make me GLAD to be "an old" at 36.

#30 5 years ago

I am enjoying this troll thread, please continue.

#31 5 years ago

i think gameroom guys finance. i know a guy that bought a ghostbusters from them with no money down. but better be prepared to pay it off way early or you're gonna pay big money on finance charges.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

At least the op seems to know what he wants.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/convince-me-tna-or-acdc

#33 5 years ago

So, you're saying your "lifestyle" is happily paying a 1000% markup for anything they slap a Supreme logo on and being broke.

Do you also drink Brawndo, The Thirst Mutilator?

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

This is basically what I was going to post with the same photo (or at least the parts noting it isn't unique). If this isn't a troll thread... If a Supreme fan knows all the details and still wants to buy one, so be it (perhaps I'm too far out of the loop as I'd never heard of Supreme), but the OP seems unaware that this is just a cheaper, lower-end (non-arcade quality) pinball machine that has been given the Supreme name, and thus, isn't as unique and limited as they think.

Re-reading some of the posts, it seems the OP is aware it's a re-skin, but the language/lingo here still sounds very much like a "troll" to me. Perhaps Kaneda is desperately looking for next week's content to be about something other than the POTC disc and we'll hear about this poor soul he's created here and at Reddit, the crazed Supreme fan that will go without a car or house so that they can finance an overpriced pin. Just doesn't make sense that someone could come on here and say that nobody can afford these pins (troll trap) and act like they're completely aloof to the hobby, then mention they were into pinball a year ago and start talking about licenses, themes, various games, etc.

#35 5 years ago

I thought the lifestyle was for swingers.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

476898C8-1A1B-42F5-AD70-666C84788778 (resized).jpeg476898C8-1A1B-42F5-AD70-666C84788778 (resized).jpeg

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

still sounds very much like a "troll" to me.

ya think?

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

McLaren, Bugatti, and Koenigsegg are brands that fit into my lifestyle, but unfortunately the only taste of any of these I will ever get is their exhaust as they race past me on the highway.

In all seriousness, I must really be backwoods white trash since I've never even heard of the "supreme" brand before I came across this thread.

#39 5 years ago

Members Only is a lifestyle brand and this fits into my lifestyle.

b65ffbcd595bb2715e296e4cfedff88c (resized).jpgb65ffbcd595bb2715e296e4cfedff88c (resized).jpg

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

In all seriousness, I must really be backwoods white trash since I've never even heard of the "supreme" brand before I came across this thread.

D/FW ain't hip enough for it. We aren't Brooklyn, clearly.

#41 5 years ago

Are there any waffles or ways to finance some? I've financed waffles before but anything over 4.5% I wouldn't.
8a8e996ed2ef882327a442abf525fbc5 (resized).jpg8a8e996ed2ef882327a442abf525fbc5 (resized).jpg

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Are there any waffles

Gone here. Had Kerrygold butter on them. Great breakfast it was.

LTG : )

#43 5 years ago

I find it rather refreshing that at least one member on here's lifestyle doesn't evolve around something that happened 30 or 40 years ago.

Of course I'm still waiting for that "Hang Ten" pinball machine myself.

#44 5 years ago

Here's a good source for a loan: Endorsed by a New Yorker...

#45 5 years ago

As posted earlier, Supreme has an economy car. Spotted the other day in Plymouth, Michigan. It came from Texas per the expired inspection tag.

20180417_123508 (resized).jpg20180417_123508 (resized).jpg

#46 5 years ago

Also note, I've been saying that Bally will once again be making pinball machines. I didn't realize it would be this soon though.

We'll have to check their site for details....

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

As posted earlier, Supreme has an economy car. Spotted the other day in Plymouth, Michigan.

All I'd need to do is slap this sticker over that Supreme logo, and I'd have one styling ride.

Unknown (resized).pngUnknown (resized).png

#48 5 years ago

@OP
you seem ti have no assets and you want something overpriced
i doubt you will get finance

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

you seem ti have no assets and you want something overpriced
i doubt you will get finance

But.. but.. this is America, where credit is king and can be had for a song. He sounds like at least he has a job. Sometimes that's all it takes. And credit companies will do just about anything to help make your dreams come true.

#50 5 years ago

Obviously this price point is out of my depth but I want it and I'm going to see what my options are for getting it and explore them to my max potential

044FF12A-EE4F-43C1-AFCA-FC2D695F22C8 (resized).jpeg044FF12A-EE4F-43C1-AFCA-FC2D695F22C8 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
58,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
Various novelties
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-there-any-raffles-or-way-to-finance-a-game?hl=alexmogil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.