(Topic ID: 215189)

Are there any raffles or way to finance a game?

By local_single

12 months ago

Topic Stats

• 317 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by DCFAN
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 69 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4286 (resized).JPG
20161129_215237_001 (resized).jpg
20180426_190015 (resized).jpg
20180426_185853 (resized).jpg
LTGBrick (resized).jpg
IMG_0041 (resized).JPG
IMG_4267 (resized).PNG
IMG_4265 (resized).PNG
handicraft-leather-american-cow-sculpture-1656366 (resized).jpg
download (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
03b34434336c81235fac6f998521368b (resized).jpg
d5872805bf22b573a6de92ec85141155 (resized).jpg
ahjVkTsgclU (resized).jpg
IMG_1774 (resized).JPG
supreme-ferrari-kulture-hub-1 (resized).jpg

There are 315 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 12 months ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

i really hope that Ferrari picture is a bad joke.

The dude leaning on its dirty mustache sure is a bad joke lol.

This thread is quickly becoming my favorite.

#252 12 months ago

Here's your gofundme then--

"Please help me to get to my goal of getting a Supreme pinball machine so it doesn't fall into the hands of one of these smug little fucks that was born into money and will never have to work a day in his life"

I'm already starting to feel a little generous.

#253 12 months ago
Quoted from local_single:

Yea man fuck me for being born lower middle class having for hard constantly yet barely having a pot to piss in, comparatively while kids like this smug fuck will never have work a day in their life because they were lucky enough to be born into money.
Yea man fuck me for being jealous of that right? Like he can't even drive the car.

If it brings up those toxic feelings then maybe you should consider collecting something more obtainable and not covet what others have so hard. Learn to let go, that’s no way to be. There’s always gonna be someone richer, more handsome, more successful.

#254 12 months ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

If it brings up those toxic feelings then maybe you should consider collecting something more obtainable and not covet what others have so hard.

Yeah, like go after smug dude's sister or girlfriend instead. That'll learn him!

#255 12 months ago

I'm just pressed because I know these smug fucks are gonna get it

Please don't post pictures of me online, thanks

#256 12 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

5-6% return is what I thought was fairly standard. I would love to invest for 9%. Please tell us your secret.

S&P since inception is roughly 10% on average, not adjusted for inflation, and relatively close to that over periods of 20 years. Actually, fuck it, I'm just gonna blow it all on bricks and gaudy backpacks.

#257 12 months ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

S&P since inception is roughly 10% on average, not adjusted for inflation, and relatively close to that over periods of 20 years. Actually, fuck it, I'm just gonna blow it all on bricks and gaudy backpacks.

I don’t get the last sentence... but ok. I’ll watch it.

#258 12 months ago

You stockbrokers and investors are taking all the fun out of spending money one does not have.

#259 12 months ago

The shirt retailed for like $45 in 2001, I'm assuming all of it like the Japan Relief tee they did in 2011. https://www.highsnobiety.com/2011/03/31/supreme-japan-relief-benefit-t-shirt/
They made a ton of them, and donated the money in 2001.
I in no way bought that in 2001. bought that shirt resale last year becuase of it's age and history. Yea $800 is a lot but it's 15 year old piece of history.

I bought it second hand from another collector, the shirt is 15 years old.

I don't see it, as beanie babies had arbitrary value and no function outside of being beanie babies. It was something everyone was buying into to get rich so the market collapsed. Yes more people are buying into supreme and trying to flip it quick, and yes will see the bubble pop but I doubt it we become .50 status. As the initial retail price for some items are upwards of $250. You can't create something and say "this has value and this is collectable" it has to happen naturally.
It's why magic cards are collectable or vinyl records, supply and demand on top of function and design.
I think beanie babies or baseball card are an extreme examples as they were just fabric or pieces of paper with no external value attached. That people only bought because someone said they are worth money, when nobody saw the value That why stuff like a CDG supreme wallet holds more value than a normal Supreme or CDG wallet.

Someone say magic cards?

IMG_1774 (resized).JPG

#260 12 months ago

lol!!!! i love the way you outlined that..o-din hang in there brother i'll grab you a life jacket.lol!!

#261 12 months ago

i really hope that Ferrari picture is a bad joke.

me too it would be a real shame if it was real.beautiful ferrari

#262 12 months ago

If OP is “Lower middle class” as he says maybe saving money instead of buying $300 hoodies with a single word screened onto them is a better idea. Good luck finding your free pin! I’m still searching for mine!

#263 12 months ago

That's "Monkey Kicks", son of an insanely wealthy Saudi businessman.

#264 12 months ago
Quoted from Cycloneman:

o-din hang in there brother i'll grab you a life jacket.lol!!

Thank you!
ahjVkTsgclU (resized).jpg

#265 12 months ago

Yea man fuck me for being born lower middle class having for hard constantly yet barely having a pot to piss in, comparatively while kids like this smug fuck will never have work a day in their life because they were lucky enough to be born into money.
Yea man fuck me for being jealous of that right? Like he can't even drive the car.

Trust us. You do not want to be the faggy shit stain sitting on the hood of that car. I guarantee he has nothing going for him aside from money and gets no respect from anyone.

Spending all your spare cash on this douchey poser brand is not a good way to start your adult life. Ditch the cult and cash out while you still can.

#266 12 months ago

lol!!!!!!

Quoted from okayestpinballer:

» YouTube video

thats a damn shame..spoiled kids and people wonder why oil prices are sky high

#267 12 months ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Trust us. You do not want to be the faggy shit stain sitting on the hood of that car. I guarantee he has nothing going for him aside from money and gets no respect from anyone.
Spending all your spare cash on this douchey poser brand is not a good way to start your adult life. Ditch the cult and cash out while you still can.

Yeah, when I look at that picture, I don't see someone I want to aspire to.

#268 12 months ago

"faggy" please be more careful with the words you use.

#269 12 months ago

d5872805bf22b573a6de92ec85141155 (resized).jpg

03b34434336c81235fac6f998521368b (resized).jpg

#270 12 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

"faggy" please be more careful with the words you use.

As in effeminate. Seems appropriate to me. He's wearing a purse. Nothing masculine about him.

The shit stain part was a little harsh.

#271 12 months ago

He's wearing a purse.

Satchel

#272 12 months ago

Also known as the Man Sack.

pasted_image (resized).png

#273 12 months ago

Is that what they strap the explosives to?

#274 12 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, but I bet none of them have advertised on pinside yet where generosity abounds.
It's not about just starting a go fund me, it's about the presentation-
"My basement is flooded and I need help buying pinball machines" or
"I have been real sick and need help buying a pinball machine"
usually at least gets a few donations.

“Help me get my grail back!”

#275 12 months ago
Quoted from okayestpinballer:

Look’s more like Monkey’s Ass to me. But I’m just jealous, I don’t have the money to buy a perfectly good Ferrari and then totally destroy it by covering it with a shitty logo.

#276 12 months ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Is that what they strap the explosives to?

Most certainly

download (resized).png

#277 12 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, like go after smug dude's sister or girlfriend instead. That'll learn him!

I’m pretty sure local single would be going after this dudes brother (not sister).
Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

#278 12 months ago

I'll play it a few times just to beat it but I'm planning to teat it like sculpture or art piece, trying to preserve it as much as possible.

It took a supreme effort... but :

handicraft-leather-american-cow-sculpture-1656366 (resized).jpg

#279 12 months ago

Supreme "collectors" reminds me of this.

#280 12 months ago

It's very European.....

#281 12 months ago
Quoted from MrBally:

It's very European.....

Is this hotel pager friendly?

#282 11 months ago

Damn, that's bad ass

#283 11 months ago

cool pack of smokes..do they come in supreme menthol?..lol!!!!

#284 11 months ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Also known as the Man Sack.

hahaha!!!! just when you think you seen it all...

#285 11 months ago

Look’s more like Monkey’s Ass to me. But I’m just jealous, I don’t have the money to buy a perfectly good Ferrari and then totally destroy it by covering it with a shitty logo.

same here,its a dream car to own for us but its just another toy for a rich brat to wipe his ass with and putting that crappy logo on it.damn shame man thats a beautiful ferrari

#286 11 months ago

I have not taken this thread seriously since page one, but there is something that I have to comment on. If there is anybody out there willing to spend money on a brick just because it has a name on it, then as far as idiots go they are the complete package. I would like to bring them to some of the areas that I have been in overseas where there were very young children who were living skeletons, covered in bugs and filth trying to survive long enough to see their tomorrow. I would then ask the F'n brick buyer how they felt about their purchase at that point and time. Some people have nothing, and others are proud to buy pointless bricks. Sorry. "Supreme" bricks.
" Look at me everyone! Look look! I proved how stupid I am! See my brick?" Wow. Impressive. Here is an idea. Instead of opening up your wallet to show others that you are a jackass, put some money towards bricks that will build a hospital or a school or something that may save a child from dying due to poverty, disease or war.
And to the OP, if you really did buy a brick because that is your lifestyle, then you are a sad, sad human being. And you don't exactly sound like someone who gives to charity, so for now I stand by my comments. I could be wrong, and if I am, I will publicly apologize to you.

#287 11 months ago

To the OP, I owe you an apology anyway. I am in no position to judge anyone else. Saying that you are a sad person was uncalled for. I am sorry for the comments that I made.

#288 11 months ago
Quoted from mcclad:

To the OP, I owe you an apology anyway. I am in no position to judge anyone else. Saying that you are a sad person was uncalled for. I am sorry for the comments that I made.

nah no need to be sorry the OP is/was trolling us but we catch on pretty quick...no harm done to anyone we are all just messing around

#289 11 months ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I have not taken this thread seriously since page one, but there is something that I have to comment on. If there is anybody out there willing to spend money on a brick just because it has a name on it, then as far as idiots go they are the complete package. I would like to bring them to some of the areas that I have been in overseas where there were very young children who were living skeletons, covered in bugs and filth trying to survive long enough to see their tomorrow. I would then ask the F'n brick buyer how they felt about their purchase at that point and time. Some people have nothing, and others are proud to buy pointless bricks. Sorry. "Supreme" bricks.
" Look at me everyone! Look look! I proved how stupid I am! See my brick?" Wow. Impressive. Here is an idea. Instead of opening up your wallet to show others that you are a jackass, put some money towards bricks that will build a hospital or a school or something that may save a child from dying due to poverty, disease or war.
And to the OP, if you really did buy a brick because that is your lifestyle, then you are a sad, sad human being. And you don't exactly sound like someone who gives to charity, so for now I stand by my comments. I could be wrong, and if I am, I will publicly apologize to you.

How is this any different than Magic Girl....?....or on a smaller scale...we can all get no-name shoes/sneakers at k-mart...but look down...I bet you and your whole family have Nikes or another name brand..But the biggest part nobody mentioned...(the real problem)...this kids "PARENTING"....!!!!!!! or lack thereof..............Joey

#290 11 months ago
Quoted from Cycloneman:

nah no need to be sorry the OP is/was trolling us but we catch on pretty quick...no harm done to anyone we are all just messing around

Yes but there have been times on this forum where I type before I think. Bad habit of mine. My comments might be offensive to anyone reading them, not just the OP.

#291 11 months ago

That said I busted my azz to get where I am....so I'm starting my Supreme collection today...!!!...I'm not doing the "look at me thing"...I'm doing the.."I like that...I worked my whole life (since 14)...so I'll buy what ever the hell I like and don't give a Feck what anyone else thinks or says...!!!..thing"............Joey

IMG_4265 (resized).PNG

#292 11 months ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Yes but there have been times on this forum where I type before I think. Bad habit of mine. My comments might be offensive to anyone reading them, not just the OP.

i understand

#293 11 months ago

Pretty much everyone here is self-made - they're professionals who worked hard and built up enough time and effort in their industries to be able to afford luxury items like pinball machines. There's no saudi princes here. So if this bunch of jackholes can do it, you can too.

#294 11 months ago
Quoted from mcclad:

If there is anybody out there willing to spend money on a brick just because it has a name on it,

There is a brick collecting hobby. So yes, people will spend money on a brick.

They have an interesting history. Usually made and used locally. Many have manufacturer marks or name on them.

Back the turn of the last century. On brick sidewalks every once in awhile you'd see bricks with "Do Not Spit" on them. This was because it was figured out that people would spit on the sidewalk, and the ladies long dresses would drag it into the homes. Thus spreading tuberculosis.

LTG : )

#295 11 months ago

IMG_4267 (resized).PNG

#296 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Back the turn of the last century. On brick sidewalks every once in awhile you'd see bricks with "Do Not Spit" on them. This was because it was figured out that people would spit on the sidewalk, and the ladies long dresses would drag it into the homes. Thus spreading tuberculosis.

My solution would have been for the women to wear shorter dresses.
I think that did happen in the 1920's.

IMG_0041 (resized).JPG

#297 11 months ago
Quoted from mcclad:

What about these bricks....?
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Lambeau-Field-commemorative-bricks-and-tiles-relocated-after-stadium-renovation/c16eb18e-bb01-40d5-9d40-ae29560e2b93

#298 11 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

What about these bricks....?

What about this rare brick ? Once was in the sidewalk below the clock tower in Hopkins, MN. ( a new one is there now )

LTGBrick (resized).jpg

#299 11 months ago

Any demand around here for bricks from the Bally Belmont Avenue plant demolition in the mid 1990's?

Both common as well as the terra-cotta Face Brick.....

20180426_185853 (resized).jpg

20180426_190015 (resized).jpg

20161129_215237_001 (resized).jpg

#300 11 months ago

I have to confess, I have a few bricks from the old Beechcraft plant II in Wichita, where almost all of the T34’s, Bonanzas, and Barons were built. It was torn down several years ago and replaced with a Costco. They call that progress, I guess.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 49.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 16.00
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 14.95
$ 109.99
$ 20.00
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
There are 315 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside