(Topic ID: 215189)

Are there any raffles or way to finance a game?

By local_single

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4286 (resized).JPG
20161129_215237_001 (resized).jpg
20180426_190015 (resized).jpg
20180426_185853 (resized).jpg
LTGBrick (resized).jpg
IMG_0041 (resized).JPG
IMG_4267 (resized).PNG
IMG_4265 (resized).PNG
handicraft-leather-american-cow-sculpture-1656366 (resized).jpg
download (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
03b34434336c81235fac6f998521368b (resized).jpg
d5872805bf22b573a6de92ec85141155 (resized).jpg
ahjVkTsgclU (resized).jpg
IMG_1774 (resized).JPG
supreme-ferrari-kulture-hub-1 (resized).jpg
There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 6 years ago

I cannot believe we've resorted to Beanie Baby discussion on Pinside...

OP, what would you pay for one of these?

Valentino (resized).jpgValentino (resized).jpg

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

10k by Christmas

#203 6 years ago

It wont get played, but become a table for energy drinks and Cheetos, forever becoming stained a yellow-orange pukey color streaking down the white sides.

#204 6 years ago

I cannot believe we are on page five of this thread!

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from local_single:

You do realize the same thing could be said about pinball machine right?
How it's a waste of money.
Like you can just go down the street and play pinball at the local arcade. Yes it's fun and cool, and entertaining. But you're really gonna pay 8k for a big ass ghostbusters ad in your house? "Oh it lights up and makes sounds, it's fun and entertaining" Yea so is an xbox and it's 1/6 the price.
Sure it's not physical and I get it's by no means cheap to produce a pinball machine. But you do understand how this is a pot kettle black situation?
But a good pair of shoes the quality is extremely diffrent than say a $20 Walmart ones. So maybe you just buy shit shoes dog.

That's 100% true.

But most of us on here don't have to finance them...

It's a cash sink, but for us this is expendable income to make us happy, most of us don't think of this as an investment.

#206 6 years ago

You do realize the same thing could be said about pinball machine right?
How it's a waste of money.
Like you can just go down the street and play pinball at the local arcade. Yes it's fun and cool, and entertaining. But you're really gonna pay 8k for a big ass ghostbusters ad in your house? "Oh it lights up and makes sounds, it's fun and entertaining" Yea so is an xbox and it's 1/6 the price.
Sure it's not physical and I get it's by no means cheap to produce a pinball machine. But you do understand how this is a pot kettle black situation?
But a good pair of shoes the quality is extremely diffrent than say a $20 Walmart ones. So maybe you just buy shit shoes dog.

WRONG. The best brands fall apart:
https://www.wired.com/2015/05/sneakers/

Also, a pinball machine is an entertainment device. I play mine for the value of the entertainment and if it happens to be worth something when I don't want it anymore then lucky me, but it certainly is not something I am counting on having a lot of value in 20 years. I am getting my money's worth by playing it and sharing it with family/friends when they want to play.

#207 6 years ago

$50,000 invested in mutual funds with a relatively conservative estimated average return of 9% would be worth $280,000 in 20 years. Just something to think about.

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

WRONG. The best brands fall apart:
https://www.wired.com/2015/05/sneakers/
Also, a pinball machine is an entertainment device. I play mine for the value of the entertainment and if it happens to be worth something when I don't want it anymore then lucky me, but it certainly is not something I am counting on having a lot of value in 20 years. I am getting my money's worth by playing it and sharing it with family/friends when they want to play.

Okay sneakers fall apart and your point is I'm sure dust mold and glue breaking down is and wearing out, oil drying up is somethng that happens to pinball machines too.

Yea I collect because I like it, and yea the value is a bonus but it's also nice to have things of value, and though there may no longer be a monetary value they'll always be sentimental. I'm not counting on it but I want to take the best care of the little time capsules I've collected now. When you buy and save up $800 on something you want to take care of it, I don't plan to sell anything in my collection at the time of buying, but eventually I get bored of it and I'll sell it. I'm not selling anything becuase "I'm cashing out on my investments"

Quoted from dontfeed:

It wont get played, but become a table for energy drinks and Cheetos, forever becoming stained a yellow-orange pukey color streaking down the white sides.

it would get cleaned and dusted, like I said I compare this to an art piece or sculpture I'd compare it to like my Gundams or be@rbrick. I take care of the nice things I own.

Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

hey thread operator,
why not just wait 5 years? there will probably be TONS of them available, and hardly played at all...well because it sounds like most people will buy them just because they are "supreme" items. By then, the people will be sick of them as they are large and heavy, and probably never get played so they will let them go cheaper than they paid for them ..
consider them a 'B' movie nobody wants to see anymore, but seemed really cool when it came out..lmao

Yes, but I'm worried that the initial buy in will be so high that they will always be a premium price tag and only rise from there, since there's rumored to be only 100-1000 made. And those initial buyers have the ability to charge whatever

Quoted from floyd1977:

The difference is pinball machines have an intrinsic value because we enjoy playing them and making them available for others to play. That remains even if the market collapses. Although resale value is a factor in purchasing a pinball machine, for most of us it's not the only factor.
Have fun staring at your t-shirt in a bag one day when you can't find a buyer.
I would be curious to know if you have ever sold any of your Supreme stuff. In the 6 years I've collected pins, I have bought and sold a few, usually about breaking even when I sell.

Clothes, creameries and other accessories still have value. They're either little statues or decor or something to wear and reflect your personality.

Yea I've sold a ton over the year, and traded a few times. For example My Supreme North Face 2013 3M Parka retailed for $500 I bought it for $850 3 years after and resold it for $900 around 6 months later

#209 6 years ago

But you're really gonna pay 8k for a big ass ghostbusters ad in your house?

$8k? Certainly not. Only $5k

20180424_183711 (resized).jpg20180424_183711 (resized).jpg

#210 6 years ago

As a lifelong addict (collector) of many different things, I will say the thrill is the hunt. If you enjoy it and you have the money then have at it. I wouldn’t borrow money for a hobby. But that is just me.

I have collected tons of things and still do. The bottom will fall out of just about all things. There will be times when certain items are hot and times when those same things hit the bottom. True value always comes out in the end. Rarity doesn’t necessarily mean valuable. I don’t see the value in supreme but what do I know. It’s not for me. But if you like it then that’s great. Most of my friends think pinball is stupid. But I’m havin fun and that’s all that matters right? I wouldn’t go in debt over it if it were me though. Just my two cents.

#211 6 years ago

This is this largest most expensive thing Supreme has ever produced

lool, i've been into supreme now for the past 5 or so years, with a large (r) collection. This one fact alone proves that you don't have enough knowledge about the brand. LV/Supreme trunks retailed for over £40k; which don't have any resell fyi.

I'm sure this machine is a cool piece, and would be nice to hold as part of a collection, and I'm sure there will be initial high demand. My problem just lay in you automatically assuming that it is a guaranteed investment that will appreciate. As much as there are thousands of people looking for luxury rimowa luggage, I can't see nowhere near the same demand for one of these in the long run.

Furthermore, maybe you shouldn't be hedging all your (and other's) money on a single item that you think is 'guaranteed' to increase, after all, that same logic is what was responsible for the last financial crisis.

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

We know, but its like the car wreck comparison. . . we can't help but look at it.

we love threads like this its like happy hour at the local pub..lol!!!

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

$8k? Certainly not. Only $5k

Ha, that painting is awesome!

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from Cycloneman:

we love threads like this its like happy hour at the local pub..lol!!!

I like to think of it as a bunch of vultures picking at a carcass. . . and I'm there nibbling away with the rest of them.

#215 6 years ago

lol!!!

#216 6 years ago

But you're really gonna pay 8k for a big ass ghostbusters ad in your house?

Now you know what kind of clowns you are dealing with here. Same ones that don't understand your liking of the Supreme brand. And if that isn't modern enough for you, you can grace your premises with a brand new Iron Maiden or Kiss pinball machine

#217 6 years ago

i wonder how many times this word has been mentioned in this thread..anyone counting??

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from Cycloneman:

i wonder how many times this word has been mentioned in this thread..anyone counting??

I haven't been counting.

But I do wonder why when I, your Supreme leader, started a thread about buying this very game, it got sent to the basement in about half an hour.

My theory is those in charge around here have no idea about modern popular culture, and if they do, maybe they consider it dangerous to the status quo of worn out and antique themes that permeate the pinball landscape now.

Or, don't rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby, don't rock the boat, don't tip the boat over...

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I haven't been counting.
But I do wonder why when I, your Supreme leader, started a thread about buying this very game, it got sent to the basement in about half an hour.
My theory is those in charge around here have no idea about modern popular culture, and if they do, maybe they consider it dangerous to the status quo of worn out and antique themes that permeate the pinball landscape now.
Or, don't rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby, don't rock the boat, don't tip the boat over...

lol!! the boat has sunk to the bottom way below the basement...lol!!

#220 6 years ago

dont_rock_the_boat_raw (resized).jpgdont_rock_the_boat_raw (resized).jpg

#221 6 years ago

But has the OP factored in chipping clear and a split cabinet into his investment strategy?

Dead node board?

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from nik2000:

lool, i've been into supreme now for the past 5 or so years, with a large (r) collection. This one fact alone proves that you don't have enough knowledge about the brand. LV/Supreme trunks retailed for over £40k; which don't have any resell fyi.
I'm sure this machine is a cool piece, and would be nice to hold as part of a collection, and I'm sure there will be initial high demand. My problem just lay in you automatically assuming that it is a guaranteed investment that will appreciate. As much as there are thousands of people looking for luxury rimowa luggage, I can't see nowhere near the same demand for one of these in the long run.
Furthermore, maybe you shouldn't be hedging all your (and other's) money on a single item that you think is 'guaranteed' to increase, after all, that same logic is what was responsible for the last financial crisis.

Lmao u right. Also I got you confused with the other guy with a dog avi, so sorr for popping off on you.

As the trunk was made to order, meaning that people were asked if they wanted it and Supreme made it for them. So the biggest items were the deck and duffle.

I honestly forget the collab even happened since all I ever see of it are god awful fakes

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I haven't been counting.

Usually, it's just controversial threads, borderline trollish threads, or anything above PG-13 that tends to ends up in the basement.

Pop culture threads happen all the time in the OT forum.

#224 6 years ago

Shit Youngblood, don’t worry about these busta ass haterz. You need to borrow as much loot as you can runnin up dem plastics...don’t worry bout that 28% rate you gonna get hit wit, cuz when you go to flip that thing you gonna be straight flossin. Fat stacks, fat stacks for dayz. Deez pinball fools don’t know nothin bout that supreme resale bro. They gonna be playing there boring ass potc with one small spinner, while you gonna have the limited joint direct from jjp with 3 centric’ circles. They just don’t know man, they ain’t on that supreme tip like you and I is....

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Usually, it's just controversial threads, borderline trollish threads, or anything above PG-13 that tends to ends up in the basement.

No, usually my threads end up in the basement when I'm all out of kryptonite.

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Quoted from TractorDoc:

I cannot believe we are on page five of this thread!

I can't believe that the OP is an actual person and not just someone with a duplicate account trolling. Be honest, when he started by calling the Supreme machine a Bally we all thought this was a joke right? I guess I shouldn't assume the worst in people. Good luck buying your Supreme Pinball Machine man they were made for people like you.

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, usually my threads end up in the basement when I'm all out of kryptonite.

lol

#228 6 years ago

I think my favourite post was ForceFlow trying to give solid financial advice to a 20-something who wants to finance a pinball machine.

windmills (resized).jpgwindmills (resized).jpg

#229 6 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

And a pin can be used for other things too!

A Supreme Stardust.....

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I think my favourite post was ForceFlow trying to give solid financial advice to a 20-something who wants to finance a pinball machine.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#231 6 years ago

Hypebeast is just another thing I wish I didn’t know about, along with furries, hentai and prolapsed colons

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Shit Youngblood, don’t worry about these busta ass haterz...

"Excuse me, I speak jive"...

"Shit woman, I dug your rap, my mama dint raise no dummy"...

#233 6 years ago

I'm going to be captain obvious now and it has worked for many, many pinsiders before.

Start a go fund me.

#234 6 years ago

I hate when people announce they are draining a thread, but screw this bullshit. Putting a stupid supreme logo on an item and jacking up the price is crazy as hell. I was hoping the OP was fake but I guess not. He may have a point, other people that are as bat shit crazy about supreme may pay more than he does...ffs

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Putting a stupid supreme logo on an item and jacking up the price is crazy as hell.

Yeah, well look what they did with this logo. This shit hasn't been worth a dime since 1979.

Unknown (resized).pngUnknown (resized).png

#236 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm going to be captain obvious now and it has worked for many, many pinsiders before.
Start a go fund me.

I've debated it but I don't wanna get a complex article.

*There's 4 of them already for the supreme pinball machine

#237 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Hypebeast is just another thing I wish I didn’t know about, along with furries, hentai and prolapsed colons

Prolapsed colons deserves its own thread.

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Prolapsed colons deserves its own thread.

Would that be found somewhere in Uranus? The thread that is.

#239 6 years ago

Probably a good call skipping the gofund me route considering how the other four are doing

https://www.gofundme.com/mvc.php?route=category&term=Supreme%20pinball

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Probably a good call skipping the gofund me route considering how the other four are doing
https://www.gofundme.com/mvc.php?route=category&term=Supreme%20pinball

I hate people lol. Those are all ridiculous

#241 6 years ago

Yeah, but I bet none of them have advertised on pinside yet where generosity abounds.

It's not about just starting a go fund me, it's about the presentation-

"My basement is flooded and I need help buying pinball machines" or

"I have been real sick and need help buying a pinball machine"

usually at least gets a few donations.

#242 6 years ago

#243 6 years ago

I'm just pressed because I know these smug fucks are gonna get it

maxresdefault-3 (resized).jpgmaxresdefault-3 (resized).jpg96e2ce0d9f0cfb436b0a318e22bb8f28 (resized).jpg96e2ce0d9f0cfb436b0a318e22bb8f28 (resized).jpg

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

$50,000 invested in mutual funds with a relatively conservative estimated average return of 9% would be worth $280,000 in 20 years. Just something to think about.

Conservative? Tell me where to get that kind of guarantee every year.

#245 6 years ago

Must suck to be jealous of a little kid

#246 6 years ago

I'm just pressed because I know these smug fucks are gonna get it

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Conservative? Tell me where to get that kind of guarantee every year.

5-6% return is what I thought was fairly standard. I would love to invest for 9%. Please tell us your secret.

#248 6 years ago

Must suck to be jealous of a little kid

Yea man fuck me for being born lower middle class having for hard constantly yet barely having a pot to piss in, comparatively while kids like this smug fuck will never have work a day in their life because they were lucky enough to be born into money.

Yea man fuck me for being jealous of that right? Like he can't even drive the car.

supreme-ferrari-kulture-hub-1 (resized).jpgsupreme-ferrari-kulture-hub-1 (resized).jpg

#249 6 years ago

Yea man fuck me for being born lower middle class having for hard constantly yet barely having a pot to piss in, comparatively while kids like this smug fuck will never have work a day in their life because they were lucky enough to be born into money.
Yea man fuck me for being jealous of that right? Like he can't even drive the car.

Don’t be jealous, be smart. A pinball is a lot of fun, but a horrible investment. If you can’t afford what you want, save...learn to invest...even small amounts. In the near future you will be better off, and maybe afford what you want. Don’t go into debt for this. Just not worth it..IMHO.

#250 6 years ago

i really hope that Ferrari picture is a bad joke.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-there-any-raffles-or-way-to-finance-a-game/page/5?hl=local_single and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.