(Topic ID: 215189)

Are there any raffles or way to finance a game?

By local_single

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4286 (resized).JPG
20161129_215237_001 (resized).jpg
20180426_190015 (resized).jpg
20180426_185853 (resized).jpg
LTGBrick (resized).jpg
IMG_0041 (resized).JPG
IMG_4267 (resized).PNG
IMG_4265 (resized).PNG
handicraft-leather-american-cow-sculpture-1656366 (resized).jpg
download (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
03b34434336c81235fac6f998521368b (resized).jpg
d5872805bf22b573a6de92ec85141155 (resized).jpg
ahjVkTsgclU (resized).jpg
IMG_1774 (resized).JPG
supreme-ferrari-kulture-hub-1 (resized).jpg
There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from local_single:

No like half is on display but stuff like my 9/11 relief tee are in bags for safe keeping. Most my my winter clothes so sweaters and jackets for the most part are tucked away in storage boxes or. My ceramic treys have stuff them them and half my mugs and cups in the kitchen. It would deadass be like an hour worth of work to move and put everything back
I just don't wanna move my Gundams and BE@RBRICK, to reach certain things to lay all my shit out on the bed for one pic. I got the what I can but this is just the surface and I don't feel comfortable with my entire room being on display for the internet, but there's shit on the walls and on book shelves too.

Pictured are:
Nan Golden Deck ss/18
Cash Cannon ss/17
Brick FW/16
Box Logo Crewneck FW/16
Power Corruption Lies Shorts SS/13
Supreme Problem Solver Sweater FW/15
Supreme Reversible Fleece Jacket FW/17
Supreme Catwoman Tee SS/12?
Supreme Lolita Tee SS/07
Supreme Speed Tee FW/14

Oh honey I am.

I'd offer $20 for all of that.

#152 5 years ago

75BAD09C-1606-47D4-BA80-48A0935C63AC (resized).jpeg75BAD09C-1606-47D4-BA80-48A0935C63AC (resized).jpeg

#153 5 years ago

I would be willing to bet if you bought this Supreme Pinball that you could flip it for a profit. Obviously not to Pinsiders. Assuming they are going to be limited.

#154 5 years ago

It might seem odd to some that people collect Supreme but even weirder I know people that collect stuff like um... pinball machines! Strange world!

#155 5 years ago

Someone tell Cesar and his ape gang we're ready for the takeover

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

It might seem odd to some that people collect Supreme

My boss collects Corvettes, the cars not the pinball machine. But he also plays monopoly with real buildings - meh

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I suppose we all have stuff that we like/collect that others might not understand. I have a tractor collection so who am I to judge (even though I have in my previous posts ).
If a supreme pinball is the way you want to go I wish you the best of luck in your quest. I'd just suggest you not put yourself in heaps of debt to do it.

Tractors can have baseline value of some sort since they are functional pieces of equipment.

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Thanks for the proof

I gotta wonder why this place even needs something like that.

There are plenty of people on here whose dreams make no sense, yet nobody ever demands proof from them.

#159 5 years ago

That's fake and painfully so. I also have 4 box logo tees so I'm good

Wow, 4 box logo tees! supreme should give you a machine for keeping the culture alive all by yourself.

No ones giving a machine away for free in a raffle, if you're planning on reselling (which this very much seems like, considering you thought this was a new bally machine) this clearly isn't the right business for you, if you don't have the money up front. Let the professional flippers (who don't have to finance purchases fyi) take this one and stick to getting the occasional tee/hoodie.

This also won't release on Stern's website with certainty as they don't have the web infrastructure to cope with 1000s of requests.

If you still wanted to buy this, your only option would be to get a loan in advance, which would be extremely idiotic, considering that you'd have to pay back interest/costs if (when) you didn't get the machine.

Don't forget, how tastes change. Supreme (resell) prices are not a high as they were about a year ago, and considering how they are opening more stores, prices will continue to fall.

People paying 1000s for nike dunks and bape 10 years ago, would now have things worth about 20% what they paid; they probably thought the same then (that they're making a good investment that will appreciate) as you are now.

#160 5 years ago

If you get the pin will you play it or only display it?
What is your limit on items you will buy that has supreme on it? I see you bought a brick would you buy a bag of dirt with supreme on it? Not being a dick just asking for supreme marketing info.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Tractors can have baseline value of some sort since they are functional pieces of equipment.

Believe it or not there are people out there that will elevate the value of a tractor into the six figure range due to it being a "collector's item" -- far exceeding any value based on functionality.

But I completely understand your point -- a tractor can be used for a task/purpose beyond entertainment.

#162 5 years ago

And a pin can be used for other things too!

pin (resized).jpgpin (resized).jpg

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Believe it or not there are people out there that will elevate the value of a tractor into the six figure range due to it being a "collector's item" -- far exceeding any value based on functionality.

Oh, I certainly believe it. The county fairs around here have tractor shows and tractor pulls and those pieces of machinery can be impressive from either a restoration standpoint or a competition standpoint.

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There are plenty of people on here whose dreams make no sense, yet nobody ever demands proof from them.

Felt like trolling and I was legitimately curious what a collection of that stuff looked like.

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammer1021:

What is your limit on items you will buy that has supreme on it? I see you bought a brick would you buy a bag of dirt with supreme on it? Not being a dick just asking for supreme marketing info.

Wait, wait I know these!!!!!

1. No. Not play.
2. No limit.
3. Yes. Would buy.

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Felt like trolling

Well those that thought the guy was making all this up, sure did a good job of that!

#167 5 years ago

Just remember what happened to people who thought they had a great investment in Beanie Babies.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammer1021:

Just remember what happened to people who thought they had a great investment in Beanie Babies.

Or Zidware.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Oh, I certainly believe it. The county fairs around here have tractor shows and tractor pulls and those pieces of machinery can be impressive from either a restoration standpoint or a competition standpoint.

Tractors can actually get you chicks. There's a hit single about it.

aP41D3n_700b_v1 (resized).jpgaP41D3n_700b_v1 (resized).jpg

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Someone tell Cesar and his ape gang we're ready for the takeover

The only ape we reconize around these parts.

Quoted from o-din:

There are plenty of people on here who's dreams make no sense, yet nobody ever demands proof from them.

Because everyone on this site doesn't get the cross over appeal in the collab so, because to most people clothes are arbitrary and purely functional so spending say $30 on a shirt is insane to them let alone $250 plus. It's crazy to most that shocker someone wants this

Quoted from nik2000:

Wow, 4 box logo tees! supreme should give you a machine for keeping the culture alive all by yourself.
No ones giving a machine away for free in a raffle, if you're planning on reselling (which this very much seems like, considering you thought this was a new bally machine) this clearly isn't the right business for you, if you don't have the money up front. Let the professional flippers (who don't have to finance purchases fyi) take this one and stick to getting the occasional tee/hoodie.
This also won't release on Stern's website with certainty as they don't have the web infrastructure to cope with 1000s of requests.
If you still wanted to buy this, your only option would be to get a loan in advance, which would be extremely idiotic, considering that you'd have to pay back interest/costs if (when) you didn't get the machine.
Don't forget, how tastes change. Supreme (resell) prices are not a high as they were about a year ago, and considering how they are opening more stores, prices will continue to fall.
People paying 1000s for nike dunks and bape 10 years ago, would now have things worth about 20% what they paid; they probably thought the same then (that they're making a good investment that will appreciate) as you are now.

Damn you really don't listen to shit son?
I'm tired of repeating myself to you and only you, because everyone else seems to understand as to why I want this.
So I'm gonna break it down to you.

I'm not trying to get this to flip for a quick buck. I want this because I know it's only going to get more expensive in the supreme market, with supreme collectors as time goes on. So whatever price I pay now, will be a drop in the hat for what I'd have to pay for something like this years down the line. I could pay for this within a year or two with how much I make a year. The more I wait the more I'll pay, I don't ever see something like this being sold for under retail. It's so limited and expensive those who have it will charge more than premium see the person who was offering to be a 40k proxie for it.

This is this largest most expensive thing Supreme has ever produced, and it's initial high retail buy in price will make this a collectors item, that will only go up in value. But just becuase I see the value doesn't mean I want to sell it. This is how I know you're talking out your ass, and you have no idea what you're talking about. Because Supreme is more expensive than ever resale, yes smaller items are being sold for under retail but that's how it's always been, there has never been an initial flip on most of those unless the branding is loud or it's a more sought after item. Things like North faces, box logo tees and hoodies, and photo tees have always been the big ticket items, and are now being sold for double and triple, the same day they come out with is unheard of until the past year or two and have been steadily holding their value if not increasing. North Face Jackets from 2 years ago now go for one 1-2k When I bought my north face jacket in 2016, I paid 700 for it new, and at that point in time the jacket I bought was 4 years old.

Yes the bubble will pop but high ticket Items will always remain high ticket and only get higher due to their initial buy in. For example The Louie V collab duffle retailed for 1k or 2k, It now resales for 8-10k new or used it hasn't even been out for a year. The Rimowa Collab which came out 2 weeks ago retailed for 1k it now is selling for 2-3k.

This is how I know you have no idea what you're talking about, becuase with stuff like this they only get more expensive as time goes on especially limited release or collab items. Yes there are bape from 10 years that is worth nothing but as that stuff hits archive status it will, while people don't buy bape like they used to the collectors are still there and as there is less supply on the market the demand goes down, the price will go up. GR (general release) items don't go for crazy amounts of money same with GR Supreme or jordans. Stuff like the Bape Pepsi collab, or the Nike SB pigeons both for a good amount of money for example.

This pinball machine is in no way a mass produced GR item.

The reason I think will be sold on stern's site is becuase all of the recent higher ticket collabs have been sold at the retailers of the collaborator, Rimowa, Louis Vutton, Lacoste. So what if Stern's site can't keep up with the traffic, Lacoste's website took a shit last week when they put the collab up.

So the reason I think a raffle is a good idea, is because I think it could easily sit on Stern's site for a while becuase not everyone has that kind of money, with the drawing being late june, early july, and the last drop being around that same time (when the most expensive accessory releases, the fender guitar for example) it's not far fetched to think I could pick it up through them. Even then I'm sure the people who do these raffles have some kind of pull in the pinball world and if I explain to them that "hey this machine is kinda the only one I want" and with the ability to pick "any current professional stern game." It's easy to think it would be possible to pull off some mini miracle.

So why do I want this? Because it's only going to get more unobtainable as the years go on with it be price or scarcity, 10k is a small investment, because there's not doubt in my mind this will be worth 18k in 3 years. Especially when so supreme items from 10 years ago are at art auctions for 12k when they initially retailed for around $300.

You can't say a LR item will hold no value compared to a GR item, GR items are worthless becuase anyone can get them.

I'm sorry to get spicy with you.

Quoted from Hammer1021:

Beanie Babies were mass produced with an arbitrary form of value attached to them, same with pogs or baseball cards. You cannot create something; and market it as collectable when I can walk down to the store and get it; for a relatively adorable price. There needs to be a supply and demand, a reason for the inflation in value. That and the idea of them being of value artificially drove up the price till nobody wanted them, because everyone was asking for too much. There was no demand for all the supply they created so then, the bubble collapsed. Funko Pops would be a good example of a modern beanie baby, mass produced, cheap, too many variants, cheap price point and relatively easy to get. But keep in mind they're supposed to be "rare and collectable" when most have in no way been rare.

I'm sure some funko pops will hold their value but all those basic Spiderman will not, that's why some beanie babies have held their value while most have not; supply and demand.

That and there was no outside value attached to beanie babies, they were just fabric they had no prior association or real reason or function. That's why Supreme isn't comparable to beanie babies, becuase something like a Supreme punching bag has a function and reason for it's value, before the value that the Supreme name adds to it. Now will the supreme name always have value, yes and no but keep in mind that people will always be chasing the dragon. It will always have value to someone and the more expensive and scare the initial value is the more expensive it will be as time goes on because the initial pool of collectors who got it was low thus they can charge whatever premium they want becuase there will away be a buyer, not today, not tomorrow but there will always be a buyer.

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammer1021:

I'll play it a few times just to beat it but I'm planning to teat it like sculpture or art piece, trying to preserve it as much as possible.

No, I wouldn't buy soil cause that's mess and be hard to display and it's not a sculpture like say a brick is. I'd buy the brillo pad, but I'm not willing to pay current market price for it.

It all depends on when the item was made, and what it is. For example I paid $850 last year for my 9/11 relief tee, due to the age, history and condition of the item. The shit was designed in 2001 after the twin tower attacks as a way to show solidarity with the people of new york, that shirt stays in a sealed plastic bag.

ima copy (resized).jpgima copy (resized).jpg

I've bought things like fire extinguishers, and crowbars, just for the sake of absurdity and to display. I've also paid $30 for stickers due to age and context.

#172 5 years ago

I’m convinced, I’ll loan you the money

#173 5 years ago

» YouTube video
The only ape we reconize around these parts.

Because everyone on this site doesn't get the cross over appeal in the collab so, because to most people clothes are arbitrary and purely functional so spending say $30 on a shirt is insane to them let alone $250 plus. It's crazy to most that shocker someone wants this

Damn you really don't listen to shit son?
I'm tired of repeating myself to you and only you, because everyone else seems to understand as to why I want this.
So I'm gonna break it down to you.
I'm not trying to get this to flip for a quick buck. I want this because I know it's only going to get more expensive in the supreme market, with supreme collectors as time goes on. So whatever price I pay now, will be a drop in the hat for what I'd have to pay for something like this years down the line. I could pay for this within a year or two with how much I make a year. The more I wait the more I'll pay, I don't ever see something like this being sold for under retail. It's so limited and expensive those who have it will charge more than premium see the person who was offering to be a 40k proxie for it.
This is this largest most expensive thing Supreme has ever produced, and it's initial high retail buy in price will make this a collectors item, that will only go up in value. But just becuase I see the value doesn't mean I want to sell it. This is how I know you're talking out your ass, and you have no idea what you're talking about. Because Supreme is more expensive than ever resale, yes smaller items are being sold for under retail but that's how it's always been, there has never been an initial flip on most of those unless the branding is loud or it's a more sought after item. Things like North faces, box logo tees and hoodies, and photo tees have always been the big ticket items, and are now being sold for double and triple, the same day they come out with is unheard of until the past year or two and have been steadily holding their value if not increasing. North Face Jackets from 2 years ago now go for one 1-2k When I bought my north face jacket in 2016, I paid 700 for it new, and at that point in time the jacket I bought was 4 years old.
Yes the bubble will pop but high ticket Items will always remain high ticket and only get higher due to their initial buy in. For example The Louie V collab duffle retailed for 1k or 2k, It now resales for 8-10k new or used it hasn't even been out for a year. The Rimowa Collab which came out 2 weeks ago retailed for 1k it now is selling for 2-3k.
This is how I know you have no idea what you're talking about, becuase with stuff like this they only get more expensive as time goes on especially limited release or collab items. Yes there are bape from 10 years that is worth nothing but as that stuff hits archive status it will, while people don't buy bape like they used to the collectors are still there and as there is less supply on the market the demand goes down, the price will go up. GR (general release) items don't go for crazy amounts of money same with GR Supreme or jordans. Stuff like the Bape Pepsi collab, or the Nike SB pigeons both for a good amount of money for example.
This pinball machine is in no way a mass produced GR item.
The reason I think will be sold on stern's site is becuase all of the recent higher ticket collabs have been sold at the retailers of the collaborator, Rimowa, Louis Vutton, Lacoste. So what if Stern's site can't keep up with the traffic, Lacoste's website took a shit last week when they put the collab up.
So the reason I think a raffle is a good idea, is because I think it could easily sit on Stern's site for a while becuase not everyone has that kind of money, with the drawing being late june, early july, and the last drop being around that same time (when the most expensive accessory releases, the fender guitar for example) it's not far fetched to think I could pick it up through them. Even then I'm sure the people who do these raffles have some kind of pull in the pinball world and if I explain to them that "hey this machine is kinda the only one I want" and with the ability to pick "any current professional stern game." It's easy to think it would be possible to pull off some mini miracle.
So why do I want this? Because it's only going to get more unobtainable as the years go on with it be price or scarcity, 10k is a small investment, because there's not doubt in my mind this will be worth 18k in 3 years. Especially when so supreme items from 10 years ago are at art auctions for 12k when they initially retailed for around $300.
You can't say a LR item will hold no value compared to a GR item, GR items are worthless becuase anyone can get them.
I'm sorry to get spicy with you.

Beanie Babies were mass produced with an arbitrary form of value attached to them, same with pogs or baseball cards. You cannot create something; and market it as collectable when I can walk down to the store and get it; for a relatively adorable price. There needs to be a supply and demand, a reason for the inflation in value. That and the idea of them being of value artificially drove up the price till nobody wanted them, because everyone was asking for too much. There was no demand for all the supply they created so then, the bubble collapsed. Funko Pops would be a good example of a modern beanie baby, mass produced, cheap, too many variants, cheap price point and relatively easy to get. But keep in mind they're supposed to be "rare and collectable" when most have in no way been rare.
I'm sure some funko pops will hold their value but all those basic Spiderman will not, that's why some beanie babies have held their value while most have not; supply and demand.
That and there was no outside value attached to beanie babies, they were just fabric they had no prior association or real reason or function. That's why Supreme isn't comparable to beanie babies, becuase something like a Supreme punching bag has a function and reason for it's value, before the value that the Supreme name adds to it. Now will the supreme name always have value, yes and no but keep in mind that people will always be chasing the dragon. It will always have value to someone and the more expensive and scare the initial value is the more expensive it will be as time goes on because the initial pool of collectors who got it was low thus they can charge whatever premium they want becuase there will away be a buyer, not today, not tomorrow but there will always be a buyer.

I’ve got plenty of money to buy lots of Supreme pins. I’m thinking maybe I will invest in this. Thanks for the tip.

#174 5 years ago

I'll play it a few times just to beat it but I'm planning to teat it like sculpture or art piece, trying to preserve it as much as possible.
No cause that's mess and be hard to display and it's not a sculpture like say a brick is. I'd buy the brillo pad, but I'm not willing to pay current market price for it.
It all depends on when the item was made, and what it is. For example I paid $850 last year for my 9/11 relief tee, due to the age, history and condition of the item. The shit was designed in 2001 after the twin tower attacks as a way to show solidarity with the people of new york, that shirt stays in a sealed plastic bag.

I've bough things like fire extungishers, and crowbars, just for the sake of absurdity and to display. I've also paid $30 for stickers due to age and context.

Bahaha!
More like a company cashing in on a tragedy.
How much of that $850 went to help those affected? It should have been 100% as a printed t-shirt costs about $5 total to make.

This is the stupidest post on pinside.
I love it. It's definitely entertaining to see how fools can be parted with their money. And view frivolous things as collectable.

#175 5 years ago

No, I wouldn't buy soil cause that's mess and be hard to display and it's not a sculpture like say a brick is. I'd buy the brillo pad, but I'm not willing to pay current market price for it.

I've bought things like fire extinguishers, and crowbars, just for the sake of absurdity and to display. I've also paid $30 for stickers due to age and context.

One day this will be Supreme: It happens with every fad that does not have a special utility having a unique functional value.
http://fortune.com/2015/03/11/beanie-babies-failure-lessons/

#176 5 years ago

Anyone ever watch the great show Art Mann Presents? They have this thing called “TV Gold”. If you have watched it you’ll know what that is. This is the equivalent “Internet Thread Gold” right here.

#177 5 years ago

so spending say $30 on a shirt is insane to them let alone $250 plus. It's crazy to most that shocker someone wants this

I'll spend $30- $40 on real Levis instead of saving a few bucks and buying Wranglers or fake Levis.

Even though they are now made in China, they still fit, last a long time, and carry that Levi logo. Plus I'd rather get Levi chicks than Wrangler chicks any day!

#178 5 years ago

This thread fascinates me. There's a local asking for 40k for a supreme pin and I had no idea what he was talking about. Thought he was on meth or something.

I'm 35 years old and have never heard of supreme till now. Guess I'll take my old guy card.

#179 5 years ago

For example I paid $850 last year for my 9/11 relief tee

Good grief, honestly, that's a little bonkers.

I guess if there's one thing that supreme can do, it's cultivate brand loyalty and make a huge truckload of money off of it.

#180 5 years ago

Ever consider changing your avatar?

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Bahaha!
More like a company cashing in on a tragedy.
How much of that $850 went to help those affected? It should have been 100% as a printed t-shirt costs about $5 total to make.
This is the stupidest post on pinside.
I love it. It's definitely entertaining to see how fools can be parted with their money. And view frivolous things as collectable.

The shirt retailed for like $45 in 2001, I'm assuming all of it like the Japan Relief tee they did in 2011. https://www.highsnobiety.com/2011/03/31/supreme-japan-relief-benefit-t-shirt/

They made a ton of them, and donated the money in 2001.

I in no way bought that in 2001. bought that shirt resale last year becuase of it's age and history. Yea $800 is a lot but it's 15 year old piece of history.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Good grief, honestly, that's a little bonkers.
I guess if there's one thing that supreme can do, it's cultivate brand loyalty and make a huge truckload of money off of it.

I bought it second hand from another collector, the shirt is 15 years old.

Quoted from DCFAN:

One day this will be Supreme: It happens with every fad that does not have a special utility having a unique functional value.
http://fortune.com/2015/03/11/beanie-babies-failure-lessons/

I don't see it, as beanie babies had arbitrary value and no function outside of being beanie babies. It was something everyone was buying into to get rich so the market collapsed. Yes more people are buying into supreme and trying to flip it quick, and yes will see the bubble pop but I doubt it we become .50 status. As the initial retail price for some items are upwards of $250. You can't create something and say "this has value and this is collectable" it has to happen naturally.

It's why magic cards are collectable or vinyl records, supply and demand on top of function and design.

I think beanie babies or baseball card are an extreme examples as they were just fabric or pieces of paper with no external value attached. That people only bought because someone said they are worth money, when nobody saw the value That why stuff like a CDG supreme wallet holds more value than a normal Supreme or CDG wallet.

#182 5 years ago

The shirt retailed for like $45 in 2001, I'm assuming all of it like the Japan Relief tee they did in 2011. https://www.highsnobiety.com/2011/03/31/supreme-japan-relief-benefit-t-shirt/
They made a ton of them, and donated the money in 2001.
I in no way bought that in 2001. bought that shirt resale last year becuase of it's age and history. Yea $800 is a lot but it's 15 year old piece of history.

I bought it second hand from another collector, the shirt is 15 years old.

I don't see it, as beanie babies had arbitrary value and no function outside of being beanie babies. It was something everyone was buying into to get rich so the market collapsed. Yes more people are buying into supreme and trying to flip it quick, and yes will see the bubble pop but I doubt it we become .50 status. As the initial retail price for some items are upwards of $250. You can't create something and say "this has value and this is collectable" it has to happen naturally.
It's why magic cards are collectable or vinyl records, supply and demand on top of function and design.
I think beanie babies or baseball card are an extreme examples as they were just fabric or pieces of paper with no external value attached. That people only bought because someone said they are worth money, when nobody saw the value That why stuff like a CDG supreme wallet holds more value than a normal Supreme or CDG wallet.

The function of the Supreme stuff is no different than a generic version of the item, so a Supreme hammer is the same as a Craftsman hammer.
20 years from now I would bet they will have nearly the same value.

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ever consider changing your avatar?

Yeah, I've tried using other Clark Kent avatars , but they didn't shrink down too well. So, I've stuck with my current one.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The function of the Supreme stuff is no different than a generic version of the item, so a Supreme hammer is the same as a Craftsman hammer.
20 years from now I would bet they will have nearly the same value.

I Louie Vuttion trunk or bag is the same as any other trunk and ones from 20-50 years have held their value and gain it as years go on.

A chanel Tennis racket is the same as any Tennis Racket or a Chanel side bag is the same as a any other side big or purse. And they've helf their value for 20+ years

A supreme Brillo Cube is the same as any other Brilo Cube and it's held and exceeded it's value in 15 years.

Of course it will lose steam and not be as popular but I'm not gonna go completely broke either.

This sweater is no diffrent than any other sweater Raf or other wise, but because it's from his first collection, and 15 years old it's now worh 2-5k.

https://www.grailed.com/listings/378983-raf-simons-aw02-nebraska-sweatshirt

12596474_10205432935970878_757864233_n (resized).jpg12596474_10205432935970878_757864233_n (resized).jpg

Collection luxury goods is strange and it doesn't make sense but you're in a world where the base value of an item doesn't matter anymore and it becomes about names and heritage. I bet I could explain to you why some of my favoirte pieces of are are important but to you it's just be another painting, even if it is an official print or whatever. Value is imaginary.

Why is one piece of money worth 100 and the other is worth 1 yet they both are made and produced by the same government entity using mostly the same materials.

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from Ns2973:

This thread fascinates me. There's a local asking for 40k for a supreme pin and I had no idea what he was talking about. Thought he was on meth or something.
I'm 35 years old and have never heard of supreme till now. Guess I'll take my old guy card.

Apparently Supreme has been around since '94, so we must not have been cool enough to be aware of its presence (in '94, my friends and I were into Airwalk). I'm 33 and generally assume I'm one of the younger guys on the forum, yet I'm also old enough to notice that I can't identify at all with those I'd consider "millennials."

#186 5 years ago

Giving the topic of branding more thought -- People do love their labels.

Other than looking a little more generic how is a Supreme theme any different from a Harley Davidson, Mustang, or Corvette Theme? All are brands with loyal followers.

Not to beat the tractor topic to death, but John Deere probably has as many non-farm equipment items out there for people to buy.

Maybe John Deere needs to brand a pinball machine. . . I might have to buy one

#187 5 years ago

obi (resized).jpgobi (resized).jpg

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Apparently Supreme has been around since '94, so we must not have been cool enough to be aware of its presence (in '94, my friends and I were into Airwalk). I'm 33 and generally assume I'm one of the younger guys on the forum, yet I'm also old enough to notice that I can't identify at all with those I'd consider "millennials."

In 94 I was into huffys, not fashion lol.

I'm right there with you, old enough to have little in common with millennials but probably on the younger side here

#189 5 years ago

Another one I don't get is people collecting tennis shoes. Don't they realize the rubber and material dry rots? I had a pair of Air Jordans I wore in college and I went in my closet 10 years later and the rubber had gone bad (either rock hard or soft, can't remember which).
The other tennis shoes I have owned had the rubber get hard and provide almost no traction after about 7 years on average.

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

John Deere probably has as many non-farm equipment items out there for people to buy.

Now this is taking it a little to the extreme.

2963966f677bc42d41bc5d9f82abbf14 (resized).jpg2963966f677bc42d41bc5d9f82abbf14 (resized).jpg

#191 5 years ago

You been snooping in my drawers drawer?

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Another one I don't get is people collecting tennis shoes. Don't they realize the rubber and material dry rots? I had a pair of Air Jordans I wore in college and I went in my closet 10 years later and the rubber had gone bad (either rock hard or soft, can't remember which).
The other tennis shoes I have owned had the rubber get hard and provide almost no traction after about 7 years on average.

You do realize the same thing could be said about pinball machine right?
How it's a waste of money.

Like you can just go down the street and play pinball at the local arcade. Yes it's fun and cool, and entertaining. But you're really gonna pay 8k for a big ass ghostbusters ad in your house? "Oh it lights up and makes sounds, it's fun and entertaining" Yea so is an xbox and it's 1/6 the price.
Sure it's not physical and I get it's by no means cheap to produce a pinball machine. But you do understand how this is a pot kettle black situation?

But a good pair of shoes the quality is extremely diffrent than say a $20 Walmart ones. So maybe you just buy shit shoes dog.

#193 5 years ago

This sweater is no diffrent than any other sweater Raf or other wise, but because it's from his first collection, and 15 years old it's now worh 2-5k.

You should look into getting this shirt since it's extremely limited. You probably know of the designer as well.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#194 5 years ago

The way you talk about 15 year-old items being "a piece of history", like it's an antique, is pretty funny. Shows how young you are. 15 years is nothing.

And you example about beanie babies being different because "they're just fabric.... with no external value" es even funnier.

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Giving the topic of branding more thought -- People do love their labels.
Other than looking a little more generic how is a Supreme theme any different from a Harley Davidson, Mustang, or Corvette Theme? All are brands with loyal followers.
Not to beat the tractor topic to death, but John Deere probably has as many non-farm equipment items out there for people to buy.

Maybe John Deere needs to brand a pinball machine. . . I might have to buy one

The difference is, apparently, if you put the Supreme logo on something these dudes will pay 10x-100x as much. They have no concept of what these items are supposed to cost and are truly worth (almost nothing). It's almost unbelievable. Tulip bulbs and beanie babies have a new cousin.

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

The way you talk about 15 year-old items being "a piece of history", like it's an antique, is pretty funny. Shows how young you are. 15 years is nothing.
And you example about beanie babies being different because "they're just fabric.... with no external value" es even funnier.

The brand is only 23 years old so yea 15 years is a big gap in supreme's timeline

#197 5 years ago

You do realize the same thing could be said about pinball machine right?
How it's a waste of money.
Like you can just go down the street and play pinball at the local arcade. Yes it's fun and cool, and entertaining. But you're really gonna pay 8k for a big ass ghostbusters ad in your house? "Oh it lights up and makes sounds, it's fun and entertaining" Yea so is an xbox and it's 1/6 the price.
Sure it's not physical and I get it's by no means cheap to produce a pinball machine. But you do understand how this is a pot kettle black situation?
But a good pair of shoes the quality is extremely diffrent than say a $20 Walmart ones. So maybe you just buy shit shoes dog.

The difference is pinball machines have an intrinsic value because we enjoy playing them and making them available for others to play. That remains even if the market collapses. Although resale value is a factor in purchasing a pinball machine, for most of us it's not the only factor.

Have fun staring at your t-shirt in a bag one day when you can't find a buyer.

I would be curious to know if you have ever sold any of your Supreme stuff. In the 6 years I've collected pins, I have bought and sold a few, usually about breaking even when I sell.

#198 5 years ago

The main question of financing a pinball. Get an interest free credit card and plan to pay it off over 15-18 months...whatever it is. I don’t think you’ll find anyone willing to give you a loan for this.

The above advice is NOT a smart move. If you’re looking for investments...this (all your collectibles) is about as risky as you get. Assume you will loose all of your money you put in and only buy these things because you like it. Just don’t expect anyone to fund your obsession...that’s all on you. If you do make bank on it in the future...good for you, but I think you’re more likely to get struck by lightening.

As far as the smart ass remarks on this thread. I think most are dumbfounded at why anyone would do this. If you have money to burn/can afford it out of pocket, great. If not...well, that’s why we are dumbfounded.

#199 5 years ago

hey thread operator,

why not just wait 5 years? there will probably be TONS of them available, and hardly played at all...well because it sounds like most people will buy them just because they are "supreme" items. By then, the people will be sick of them as they are large and heavy, and probably never get played so they will let them go cheaper than they paid for them ..

consider them a 'B' movie nobody wants to see anymore, but seemed really cool when it came out..lmao

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

The thing is, those brands were built on the actual products they produced, and those products and the style & standards of their products are what drove the brand and recognition of the brand.

As far as I can tell (or was aware), Supreme pretty much just sells swag with their name on it.

Eh, it's comparing an actual product to branded swag. Two completely different things. Usually, the swag helps promote the flagship products, but in supreme's case, the swag is the product.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-there-any-raffles-or-way-to-finance-a-game/page/4?hl=local_single and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.