Are there any raffles or way to finance a game?

(Topic ID: 215189)

Are there any raffles or way to finance a game?

By local_single

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 317 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by DCFAN
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 69 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4286 (resized).JPG
20161129_215237_001 (resized).jpg
20180426_190015 (resized).jpg
20180426_185853 (resized).jpg
LTGBrick (resized).jpg
IMG_0041 (resized).JPG
IMG_4267 (resized).PNG
IMG_4265 (resized).PNG
handicraft-leather-american-cow-sculpture-1656366 (resized).jpg
download (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
03b34434336c81235fac6f998521368b (resized).jpg
d5872805bf22b573a6de92ec85141155 (resized).jpg
ahjVkTsgclU (resized).jpg
IMG_1774 (resized).JPG
supreme-ferrari-kulture-hub-1 (resized).jpg

There are 315 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 10 months ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Any way to finance or win this pizza? $80 for a medium isn't that bad, but I just don't have that kind of coin to toss.

Lol. Must have for my Supreme shrine. How much for a slice?

#103 10 months ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

98 was 20 years ago. I know, tough to swallow.

88. 30 years ago.

Bally Manufacturing sold their pinball division to Williams in 1988, and Williams was allowed to release games under the Bally name, but a true pinball game made by Bally the company hasn't happened since 1988.

#104 10 months ago

One should not get stoned simply because they have a dream.

s-l1600 (resized).jpg

#105 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then cash advance the heck out of any credit cards you have and go on and live the dream.
Or if you have any money at all socked away for retirement, now would be a good time to use it.

Quoted from local_single:

Supreme is a lifestyle brand and this fits into my lifestyle.

Broke with an overpriced pinball machine is a lifestyle you want to live?

#106 10 months ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Broke with an overprice pinball machine is a lifestyle you want to live?

In my experience, that can be the best way to hook up with a woman with real money!

#107 10 months ago

Do you think the OP would only use Supreme Gasoline?

damn-supreme-makes-gas-now-or-pans-supreme-89-93-14173544 (resized).png

#108 10 months ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Absolutely, it fits his lifestyle and he owns his car. With the exception of rent and his pinball payment he has money to burn so why not?

#109 10 months ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I'm pretty sure the demon uses supreme gas.

#110 10 months ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Absolutely, it fits his lifestyle and he owns his car. With the exception of rent and his pinball payment he has money to burn so why not?

Quoted from BoJo:

I'm pretty sure the demon uses supreme gas.

Those leading the lifestyle would likely seek out a vehicle that only required Supreme fuel. Makes complete sense, just like the rest of this thread.

#111 10 months ago

You know and I know, that chaos and bedlam are consuming the entire world. UV light waves are only the beginning. We have an inch of topsoil left.

#112 10 months ago
#113 10 months ago

He/She might have to once they see this:

pasted_image (resized).png

#114 10 months ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Brawndo, The Thirst Mutilator

Its got electrolytes!

#115 10 months ago

It's what plants crave.

#116 10 months ago

The plants aren't growing, so I'm pretty that the Brawndo is not working.

#117 10 months ago

I'm starting to wonder how hard would it be to turn one of these-
image (resized).jpg

into one of these-

8FOXoRPOSmM2 (resized).jpg

#118 10 months ago

Some rattle cans and a few bumper stickers could get you 80% there -- the coding/sound effects might be a little tricky?

#119 10 months ago

How in the hell did the Supremes get a pin before Duran Duran? I am tired of music themed pins.

supremes_001v2 (resized).jpg

#120 10 months ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Some rattle cans and a few bumper stickers could get you 80% there -- the coding/sound effects might be a little tricky?

If the code can be updated as we normally would on a modern Stern, perhaps the Supreme code would work on the Spider Man game (as Shrek/Family guy can be played on either game I believe)? EDIT: Nevermind \/\/

EDIT: Looking at the pics, I see there are some other differences (DMD size, etc.). So...the "Supreme" game is actually more of a down-grade than I thought (looks like SM has a larger, color screen and the Supreme is smaller/solid red [I was never very familiar with the "home" SM])

#121 10 months ago

If there is anything I have learned about collectors it’s that they love to show off their collection. Let’s see it OP. Show us some of your displayed stuff. And be sure to put a note in there saying “hi Pinside” so we know it’s legit and not stolen internet pics. Show us how wrong we are and how awesome a collection of Supreme stuff looks.

#122 10 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

If the code can be updated as we normally would on a modern Stern, perhaps the Supreme code would work on the Spider Man game (as Shrek/Family guy can be played on either game I believe)? EDIT: Nevermind \/\/
EDIT: Looking at the pics, I see there are some other differences (DMD size, etc.). So...the "Supreme" game is actually more of a down-grade than I thought (looks like SM has a larger, color screen and the Supreme is smaller/solid red [I was never very familiar with the "home" SM])

Do they sell like re-theme kits? Could I buy a spiderman and reskin it?

Quoted from practicalsteve:

If there is anything I have learned about collectors it’s that they love to show off their collection. Let’s see it OP. Show us some of your displayed stuff. And be sure to put a note in there saying “hi Pinside” so we know it’s legit and not stolen internet pics. Show us how wrong we are and how awesome a collection of Supreme stuff looks.

Lmao that's a lot of effort that's asking me to take 1/3 of my closet and drawers out, like it's displayed all over my room. I could show you some of what I can easily get to. I have a list of everything I have on my macbook if you'd like

#123 10 months ago

While official re-theme kits have existed in the past (for other, older games), and at times alternate decals/translites are available, most re-themes involve a lot of custom work (easier with non-DMD/LCD games to avoid re-coding). If the screen and system matched up in the way Family Guy/Shrek work (essentially a manufacturer re-theme [both official, non-kit]), then it wouldn't be nearly as hard to re-theme the SM if you could simply replace the art and swap in Supreme code, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Doesn't mean it's not possible, but there are several other differences (entire backbox design +hinges, coindoor, lockdown bar, plunger, cabinet looks longer--all upgrades to the SM version) that would need to be addressed, and as far as any collector value goes, I can't imagine you'd really want a non-original anyway.

#124 10 months ago

Lmao that's a lot of effort that's asking me to take 1/3 of my closet and drawers out, like it's displayed all over my room. I could show you some of what I can easily get to. I have a list of everything I have on my macbook if you'd like

Would it look something like this?

img591c4d52d1dc9 (resized).jpg

#125 10 months ago

Anyways supreme makes wacky object all the time. Hatches, fire extinguishers, crowbars I could go on; do I use any of them no, I just display them, they're nice and they look cool.

You said you displayed them yourself, so I thought you could easily take some pics. But now they are suddenly in boxes. My apologies, you can see where I got confused.

#126 10 months ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Would it look something like this?

It would have looked exactly like that but you just posted the pic he was going to use. Now he’ll have to dig deeper into google for another collection pic.

People, this thread is all BS!

#127 10 months ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

People, this thread is all BS!

We know, but its like the car wreck comparison. . . we can't help but look at it.

#128 10 months ago

Well I guess I'm one of the few that financed my way through pinball purchases. I used MBNA credit card to do so with some loopholes here in Canada. I'm sure they're similar promos in the states and most likely better.

0% balance transfer for 12 months with a 1% transfer fee. So if let's say I borrowed $5000 my only fee to borrow $5000 for 1 year is $50. Now here is where most people mess up. You must pay the minimum every month in order to stay on the promotional rate. If you miss a payment you default to 20%+ interest. The other thing is the balance must be paid off before the end of the term.

WHAT I DID
I applied for a line of credit before making the purchase. Once line of credit approve I paid with my credit card that gave 2% cash back ($5000, and got $100 cash back at the end of the year). Before the month was up I got a balance transfer for 1 year for 0% and the 1% charge (- $50). I paid money here and there throughout the year and ended up with a balance of let's say $900 at the end of the year. Before the promo was up I paid the balance with the line of credit.

I then immediately reapplied for a second credit card from the same company but I didn't ask about the promo rate. Once I got the new card, I asked to transfered the allowable blance from the old card to the new hence merging the cards together. Since this was a new card, I could apply for another promo term of 0% for 12 months. Asked for $5000 + $900, to cover the balance on the line of credit, for a total of $5900 and bought another machine.

When all was said and done I had paid $0 interest on my payment and ended with more cash in my wallet because of the cash back at the end of the year.

Yes you have to be disciplined and jump through a few hoops but I found this system works for me. I get to enjoy the game and pay it chunks at a time without paying interest.

#129 10 months ago

Supreme, recommended by 10 out of 10 posers everywhere.

#130 10 months ago

I gotta hand it to Supreme. You can hear the marketing reps laughing. To take just regular objects, throw a name on them and charge twice as much is genius.

#131 10 months ago

I wonder how much p*ssy I'd never get if I wore this supa' dope Supreme outfit to da' club?

supreme_fw17_lookbook_03 (resized).jpg

#133 10 months ago

Man you guys are brutal. If the guy wants to spend his money on a Supreme pinball then so be it.

#134 10 months ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Man you guys are brutal. If the guy wants to spend his money on a Supreme pinball then so be it.

What if my lifestyle is making fun of stupid crap?

#135 10 months ago
Quoted from stevevt:

What if my lifestyle is making fun of stupid crap?

My favorite post so far!!

#136 10 months ago

113f229273cd923564863adefdc0d358 (resized).jpg

#137 10 months ago

I think it's time to make a ruling on this thread. We need to take this all the way to the Supreme Court...

my-squad-reigns-supreme_c_7201830 (resized).jpg

#138 10 months ago

1000% yes. Please do this. And please document the step by step progress for us. That would be the the best Pinside thread of all time.

#139 10 months ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

But he’s not real

#140 10 months ago

Where are all you guys getting "Supreme" from? That label clearly says "Punch Me".
09-roll-safe.w710.h473 (resized).jpg

#141 10 months ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

You said you displayed them yourself, so I thought you could easily take some pics. But now they are suddenly in boxes. My apologies, you can see where I got confused.

No like half is on display but stuff like my 9/11 relief tee are in bags for safe keeping. Most my my winter clothes so sweaters and jackets for the most part are tucked away in storage boxes or. My ceramic treys have stuff them them and half my mugs and cups in the kitchen. It would deadass be like an hour worth of work to move and put everything back

I just don't wanna move my Gundams and BE@RBRICK, to reach certain things to lay all my shit out on the bed for one pic. I got the what I can but this is just the surface and I don't feel comfortable with my entire room being on display for the internet, but there's shit on the walls and on book shelves too.

IMG_6709 (resized).JPG
IMG_6710 (resized).JPG

Pictured are:
Nan Golden Deck ss/18
Cash Cannon ss/17
Brick FW/16
Box Logo Crewneck FW/16
Power Corruption Lies Shorts SS/13
Supreme Problem Solver Sweater FW/15
Supreme Reversible Fleece Jacket FW/17
Supreme Catwoman Tee SS/12?
Supreme Lolita Tee SS/07
Supreme Speed Tee FW/14

Quoted from PW79:

But he’s not real

Oh honey I am.

#142 10 months ago

Jealous pinsiders everywhere!

That stuff's way cooler than that mutant ninja turtle junk.

#143 10 months ago

Thumbs up for making the effort of proof.

But seriously, is that a brick in a box with the word supreme on it??

#144 10 months ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Yes, https://www.highsnobiety.com/2016/08/18/supreme-brick/

#145 10 months ago

You are truly a "Supreme being".

#146 10 months ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I had a Pet Rock in the 70's.

#148 10 months ago

I suppose we all have stuff that we like/collect that others might not understand. I have a tractor collection so who am I to judge (even though I have in my previous posts ).

If a supreme pinball is the way you want to go I wish you the best of luck in your quest. I'd just suggest you not put yourself in heaps of debt to do it.

#149 10 months ago

Supreme Lolita Tee SS/07

Sexy!

39 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 199.99
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 89.99
$ 29.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 269.00
There are 315 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside