(Topic ID: 169170)

Are there ANY problem-free GBLEs out there?

By pinlawyer

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

People are saying they ALL have problems. True?

#2 7 years ago

The evidence would suggest that all of the early LE playfields either have issues, or can develop them. Until we officially know how Stern plans to address this, I'd be hesitant to buy an LE. Even if the playfield isn't showing any ghosting now, it seems like the problem can suddenly appear out of nowhere.

#3 7 years ago

Reportedly, not all. I remember that Pinside member Banker said his was trouble free in that big 'ol GB problem thread. Maybe he could give an update as with this title, it seems like that can change quickly over time.

#4 7 years ago

My GBLE hasn't been built yet, I am hoping for a problem-free game

#5 7 years ago

The ones not built yet.

#6 7 years ago

Mine has been great. Several pinsiders have played it . So far so good!

#7 7 years ago

I saw the Banker's about a week ago and it was fine.

#8 7 years ago

Mine is problem free. No insert problems at all. Toys work well. I added an airball protector near the left ramp and the upgrade outlane kit / center post as well, because there game plays much friendlier to guests this way. It should've been like this from the factory but for $75 worth of mods on an $8K, it's not bad.

It's been out of the box since August 2.

I have to adjust Slimer as it sometimes over registers a hit, but that's not a big deal. All machines need adjustments.

I had the mixed up side rails but they sent me a new one in 3 days.

#9 7 years ago

No GB, no problems.

#10 7 years ago

no problem yet..... #261

#11 7 years ago

No ghosting issues on mine, however, I did get the mixed up side rails, left side is the old version, right side is the new version. My ecto goggles go in and out from time to time as well, I believe it is a bad node board. Both issues should be simple fixes though, once Stern sends me a new node board and a new left side rail.

#12 7 years ago

my bad..... i have mixed side rails as well

#13 7 years ago

No ghosting issues so far, but out of the box the left flipper didn't work. Turns out the leaf switch inside the cabinet was screwed in wrong and was not even contacting the flipper button.

#14 7 years ago

Just needed to add airball protectors on mine. Otherwise, everything works great.

#15 7 years ago

no play field issues here, over 500 games in, a few other adjustments but no more than any other nib

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

People are saying they ALL have problems. True?

They all have that stupid fucking gap, cheap STDM drains, cheap outlanes, crazy airballs & linear modes that are impossible to progress through - so yes, they all have problems

#18 7 years ago

No issues...... #260

#19 7 years ago

No Issues #58

#21 7 years ago

ghosting, sunken insert with wood edge exposed on mine sadly

#22 7 years ago

I got number 495 last week and no problems here. Great game and very happy with it so far.

#23 7 years ago

No playfield issues....small hairline, no complaints there.

Loose playfield rails, caused issues....

Still a Joy!

#24 7 years ago

Mine has been great from first game definitely one of sterns best games

#25 7 years ago

Great pin, one switch adjustment, tiny hairline ghosting on Tobin. Over 500 plays and going strong.

I'm thrilled with mine.

#26 7 years ago

I had mixed siderails but Stern already sent the replacement, just haven't gotten to switching them yet. Other than that none of the "usual" reported problems with ghosting or anything of the sort.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from psychoticmark:

I got number 495 last week and no problems here. Great game and very happy with it so far.

What's your playfield date?

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I had mixed siderails but Stern already sent the replacement, just haven't gotten to switching them yet. Other than that none of the "usual" reported problems with ghosting or anything of the sort.

Did you go through your distributor for this, or just open a ticket with Stern directly?

#29 7 years ago

# 226, added air ball plastic, then some a couple of switch adjustments. Problem free so far 100+ plays.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

Did you go through your distributor for this, or just open a ticket with Stern directly?

Thru distributor

#31 7 years ago

Mine had the mixed up rails and Slimer dragging his butt. I have not had a big problem with air balls and I really am enjoying this game. It plays really fast and has great flow. The magnetic slings are really unique and the overall package is excellent. I am very happy with my purchase-no regrets. Bustin makes me feel good

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They all have that stupid fucking gap, cheap STDM drains, cheap outlanes, crazy airballs & linear modes that are impossible to progress through - so yes, they all have problems

Always one that has discovered the 13 year old girl emojis and shit on everyone's parade.

Good going mate.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Just needed to add airball protectors on mine. Otherwise, everything works great.

Same here

#34 7 years ago

just needed to change Scoliari's spring. Otherwise No221 is perfect

#35 7 years ago

#498 was opened last night. Looks perfect.

#36 7 years ago

#186 no problems with pf or toys. so far so good.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from DK:

#498 was opened last night. Looks perfect.

What's your build date and the date stamped on your playfield?

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Don't worry Concrete, you'll get a good one!

#39 7 years ago

Mine has a hair line in the Tobin and has not gotten worse in 2 months,not bad

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I want to say build date is 9/1. It is not mine. If it makes a difference my GBs build date was 5/10 and also has no issues. It's a pro

#41 7 years ago

Mines getting worse by the week had a tiny sliver on tobins now whole right side is ghosting

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

#294, only issue seems to be mixed siderails, glass is super tight fit though, do you have that issue? Wondering if the switch will fix that.

1 week later
#43 7 years ago

My inserts are fine. So far, PF is good. Put Pinball Life upgrade kit in--Scoleri Bros brick less, but still brick often, right "E" rollover no workee and, worst of all, my backbox doesn't light up at all. Stern's shipping me a new board to fix that.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickenheim:

#294, only issue seems to be mixed siderails, glass is super tight fit though, do you have that issue? Wondering if the switch will fix that.

I have a pro and my glass is super tight too. Fixing your mis-matched rails likely will NOT fix that.

#46 7 years ago

It's funny that there's lots of people commenting on the problems in a problem free thread lol

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I have a pro and my glass is super tight too. Fixing your mis-matched rails likely will NOT fix that.

I find tight glass to be a plus, as it keeps it from rattling when the shaker activates.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.95
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 103.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-there-any-problem-free-gbles-out-there and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.