Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mmr61184
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20230111_183546_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230111_183526_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230111_183559_Chrome (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmr61184.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

TOTAN, CV, TOM, Addams Family or a VE Tron and I'll be parting with more of my hard earned money.

TAF would be tough I think with the licensing issues. I forgot who it it was if it’s the Julia estate or I thought for some reason I head Christopher Lloyd not wanting to allow it

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

Zach alluded to TZ being remade on his podcast.. I would prefer TOTAN or CV (but only because I already have a TZ)

Wow, the price would be astronomical that was a super expensive game to make and in todays dollars I bet it would top 20k for the super duper special edition.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

I would love to see how they handle all those mechs and assemblies with their "large all-in-one boards" setup, especially the clock! Plus, it seems TZ prices have kind of stalled, it'd be nice if they save the remakes for the games that are over $12k for an average condition game. It really cooled the market for MB, MM, and AFM as their prices were going crazy high. Plus TZ requires licensing as where TOTAN and CV should be free to use, meaning more profit. I'd love to see TAF redone, but only if they can enhance, or somewhere find, higher quality sound files for the callouts.

Just curious what’s wrong with todays sound file quality on TAF?

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Christopher Lloyd wouldn't agree to the Pinball Arcade virtual remake of TAF, so they changed the artwork to redo Fester to not look like him.

I knew it was something with Christopher Lloyd. I wonder why he would even care

TZ I think would be more restrictive based on the expense of all the toys and mechanics it has far more than any other game I know of.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

It would make sense for CGC to re run all of the remakes at some point.

Yes I know a few people that would be interested in a MM or a MB re-remanufacture

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Not just TAF, but all pre-DCS games' sound file quality is fairly poor. Very scratchy sounding as it's a very low bit rate. Ask anyone who's installed a Pinsound board and used a mix where there are new sounds added, either from the movie or other places, and the original callouts from the movie's actors are used and the difference is immense. I just think if they're going to update the speaker system and use true stereo sound like a new pin should, they should try to clean up that original audio as best they can so it sounds better.

Oh wow never knew that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmr61184.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-there-any-plans-for-any-new-remakes?tu=mmr61184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.