Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mmr61184
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20230111_183546_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230111_183526_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230111_183559_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

There have been a lot of great re-makes in the last few years. Which Pinball Machine Would You Like to See A Remake Released? I would love to see any of the following:-

Street Fighter 2
    Fish Tales
    Dirty Harry
    Cirquis Voltaire
    Creature From tge Black Lagoon

#2 1 year ago

I think you mean reproduction. A remake is when the game is completely re-done from the ground up and everything is improved.

#3 1 year ago

I'm hoping for Tales of the Arabian Nights

#4 1 year ago

Street fighter though? I second tales-of-the-arabian-nights

#5 1 year ago

TOTAN or CV would get my money.

#6 1 year ago

i don't know about Fush Tales, but I'd be curious where they go w a Tush Fales.

#7 1 year ago

CV please!

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

i don't know about Fush Tales, but I'd be curious where they go w a Tush Fales.

It's actually Tush Fails, the pin about unsuccessful Brazilian Butt Lifts.

#9 1 year ago

TOTAN, CV, TOM, Addams Family or a VE Tron and I'll be parting with more of my hard earned money.

#10 1 year ago

Scared Stiff would be a good one too, but not sure if the license for Elvira: HoH would interfere with that somehow.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I think you mean reproduction. A remake is when the game is completely re-done from the ground up and everything is improved.

To be fair to the OP, Chicago Gaming Company uses the word remake for all these games, hence the reason most of us do the same.

Screenshot_20230111_183526_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230111_183526_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230111_183546_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230111_183546_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230111_183559_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230111_183559_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #12 1 year ago

Zach alluded to TZ being remade on his podcast.. I would prefer TOTAN or CV (but only because I already have a TZ)

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

Zach alluded to TZ being remade on his podcast.. I would prefer TOTAN or CV (but only because I already have a TZ)

I mean, come on. That game would be $20K nowadays.

#14 1 year ago

I would love to see how they handle all those mechs and assemblies with their "large all-in-one boards" setup, especially the clock! Plus, it seems TZ prices have kind of stalled, it'd be nice if they save the remakes for the games that are over $12k for an average condition game. It really cooled the market for MB, MM, and AFM as their prices were going crazy high. Plus TZ requires licensing as where TOTAN and CV should be free to use, meaning more profit. I'd love to see TAF redone, but only if they can enhance, or somewhere find, higher quality sound files for the callouts.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jase1979:

There have been a lot of great re-makes in the last few years.

When you say remakes are you referring to what CGC does or do you mean JJP using old themes like POTC or GNR and Stern using Jurassic?

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

TOTAN, CV, TOM, Addams Family or a VE Tron and I'll be parting with more of my hard earned money.

TAF would be tough I think with the licensing issues. I forgot who it it was if it’s the Julia estate or I thought for some reason I head Christopher Lloyd not wanting to allow it

#17 1 year ago

Wow, the price would be astronomical that was a super expensive game to make and in todays dollars I bet it would top 20k for the super duper special edition.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

I would love to see how they handle all those mechs and assemblies with their "large all-in-one boards" setup, especially the clock! Plus, it seems TZ prices have kind of stalled, it'd be nice if they save the remakes for the games that are over $12k for an average condition game. It really cooled the market for MB, MM, and AFM as their prices were going crazy high. Plus TZ requires licensing as where TOTAN and CV should be free to use, meaning more profit. I'd love to see TAF redone, but only if they can enhance, or somewhere find, higher quality sound files for the callouts.

Just curious what’s wrong with todays sound file quality on TAF?

#19 1 year ago

A couple years ago CGC said they planned to re-release the Medieval Madness remake in 2023. I have a hunch they're going to be behind on that one.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I mean, come on. That game would be $20K nowadays.

Yes. And it would sell.

#20 1 year ago

I was a bit surprised hearing TZ as well, does not make a ton of sense to me especially since there were so many manufactured.

Quoted from mmr61184:

Wow, the price would be astronomical that was a super expensive game to make and in todays dollars I bet it would top 20k for the super duper special edition.

#21 1 year ago

Lol @ SF2 remake

Thought I was in the FB group for a minute

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from dboeren:

It's actually Tush Fails, the pin about unsuccessful Brazilian Butt Lifts.

it was phonetically implied.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

TAF would be tough I think with the licensing issues. I forgot who it it was if it’s the Julia estate or I thought for some reason I head Christopher Lloyd not wanting to allow it

Christopher Lloyd wouldn't agree to the Pinball Arcade virtual remake of TAF, so they changed the artwork to redo Fester to not look like him. Don't know what would happen for a real remake. All of Julia's presence was used fine for Pinball Arcade.

TZ's license should be doable well enough - Pinball Arcade had no trouble with it (and STTNG) - the reports are that the CBS/Paramount corporate entity is pretty easy to deal with.

Quoted from arcyallen:

A couple years ago CGC said they planned to re-release the Medieval Madness remake in 2023. I have a hunch they're going to be behind on that one.

My wish is that they run Monster Bash again. I wasn't paying much attention to pinball at the time, and got back into it pretty much just after the remake sold out.

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

My wish is that they run Monster Bash again. I wasn't paying much attention to pinball at the time, and got back into it pretty much just after the remake sold out.

It would make sense for CGC to re run all of the remakes at some point.

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Christopher Lloyd wouldn't agree to the Pinball Arcade virtual remake of TAF, so they changed the artwork to redo Fester to not look like him.

I knew it was something with Christopher Lloyd. I wonder why he would even care

TZ I think would be more restrictive based on the expense of all the toys and mechanics it has far more than any other game I know of.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

It would make sense for CGC to re run all of the remakes at some point.

Yes I know a few people that would be interested in a MM or a MB re-remanufacture

#27 1 year ago

Remade: TOTAN.

Remake: Lord of the rings with Keith Elwin on game structure and Eric M on toys and innovation.

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

Yes I know a few people that would be interested in a MM or a MB re-remanufacture

CGC has said (more than once) that they plan to re-run MMr in "early" 2023. Of course, that was before they got so far behind on deliveries of CCr.
    I am hoping that they still plan to do the re-run once the CCr machines are done. If so, it will probably be "late" 2023 or maybe "early" 2024.

They have never said anything about building more MBr or AFMr. Considering that those machines were available long after the launch (except for the LE versions), I doubt that they are in any hurry on those.

Supposedly, they are also working on some "original" machines. I would assume that those would take priority over more MBr and AFMr.

I just hope they do actually make more MMr...I've been on a waiting list for over a year already.

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

Just curious what’s wrong with todays sound file quality on TAF?

Not just TAF, but all pre-DCS games' sound file quality is fairly poor. Very scratchy sounding as it's a very low bit rate. Ask anyone who's installed a Pinsound board and used a mix where there are new sounds added, either from the movie or other places, and the original callouts from the movie's actors are used and the difference is immense. I just think if they're going to update the speaker system and use true stereo sound like a new pin should, they should try to clean up that original audio as best they can so it sounds better.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Not just TAF, but all pre-DCS games' sound file quality is fairly poor. Very scratchy sounding as it's a very low bit rate. Ask anyone who's installed a Pinsound board and used a mix where there are new sounds added, either from the movie or other places, and the original callouts from the movie's actors are used and the difference is immense. I just think if they're going to update the speaker system and use true stereo sound like a new pin should, they should try to clean up that original audio as best they can so it sounds better.

Oh wow never knew that.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-there-any-plans-for-any-new-remakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.