(Topic ID: 288109)

Are there any pinball shows/tournaments for 2021?

By Classics_Master

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Is there going to be any shows/tournaments this year? I’m usually getting ready for the Ohio Show and Louisville Arcade Expo around this time, hopefully this year won’t be a repeat of last year. If there are shows scheduled, can someone please list them? Thank you!

#2 3 years ago

MGC is scheduled for November this year instead of it's usual April slot. Sure hoping that's far enough out.

#3 3 years ago

Pincinnati in early December.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Classics_Master:

Is there going to be any shows/tournaments this year? I’m usually getting ready for the Ohio Show and Louisville Arcade Expo around this time, hopefully this year won’t be a repeat of last year. If there are shows scheduled, can someone please list them? Thank you!

It’s like asking if it’s gonna rain in 2 weeks. I mean, even with the best meteorologists on staff Giving their educated hunches it’s really hard to say.

I recall you’ve made a few similar posts like during the pandemic; Just be patient. Obviously nothing is happening until the fall most likely so no point in worrying about it now.

#5 3 years ago

Well that’s good, pincinnati is a great tournament, are they signing up for this year? Hopefully FPF will be back as well again this year and these shows will not clash.

#6 3 years ago

I’m hoping to make an announcement for Saratoga Silverball sometime soon.
    We’re at the mercy of King Cuomo here in New York. Official statements changes week to week.

#7 3 years ago

I heard the Cleveland show is happening early April?

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I heard the Cleveland show is happening early April?

No Cleveland Show this year, Pinbrew is April 8-10.

#9 3 years ago

Were hopping for Pin-A-Gogo in October!!

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Were hopping for Pin-A-Gogo in October!!

Great, just when i have to probably go back to work. I do hope pagg happens.
    Rumor is Cal Extreme is a no go for late July.

#12 3 years ago

Anything happening in York Pennsylvania this year 2021?

#13 3 years ago

Derek, outside chance I do a small tournament at my house in the summer. I’ll keep you posted.

#14 3 years ago

I will most likely be doing another tournament at my house in August. It’s small, but good payouts.

#15 3 years ago

NW Pinball & Arcade Show in Tacoma, WA. Hopefully that will happen this year.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Derek, outside chance I do a small tournament at my house in the summer. I’ll keep you posted.

Count me in.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sounds good, just let me know when sign ups are, thanks! And I assume Hot Tip EM will be in Tourney??

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from AnimeDude892:

NW Pinball & Arcade Show in Tacoma, WA. Hopefully that will happen this year.

I'm really hoping for this one too - looked at their page recently but haven't seen *any* announcements (sad face)....

#19 3 years ago

Sounds good, just let me know when sign ups are, thanks! And I assume Hot Tip EM will be in Tourney??

Yep!

#20 3 years ago

A friend told me that Pinball Expo was back on this year in the new hotel location, I figured the Cle-Pin show would be on as well where that’s usually later in the year?

#21 3 years ago

From http://tiltforums.com/t/2021-2022-event-planned-dates/6399:

"Updated 02/12/21 with postponement of PATZ and cancellation of GSPF for this year.

List of Planned 2021 Large Events
    March 26-28 Frisco, TX - Texas Pinball Festival - cancelled - revised to March 25-27, 2022
    April 15-17 Kalamazoo, MI - PATZ / Pinball at the Zoo - postponed to Sept 2-4 2021
    May 14-16 Lodi, CA - Golden State Pinball Festival - cancelled - revised to May 13-15, 2022
    May 2021 Allentown, PA - Pinfest - postponed to at least late July
    June 4-6 Tacoma, WA - Northwest Show
    June 11-13 Atlanta, GA - Southern Fried Gaming Festival
    June 24-27 Boxboro, MA - Pintastic
    October 7-9 York, PA - White Rose Gameroom Show
    November 11-14 Ft. Myers, FL - IFPA 17
    November 12-14 Grandy, NC - Outer Banks (OBX)
    December 3-5 Cincinnati, OH - Pincinnati"

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I’m hoping to make an announcement for Saratoga Silverball sometime soon.
    We’re at the mercy of King Cuomo here in New York.

then you are F'd

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

then you are F'd

CUomo is way better looking than Bill Lee and could easily beat him up in a fight.

Much better hair too. Lee has a terrible rug!

GOVERNOR FIGHT! GOVERNOR FIGHT!

#24 3 years ago

Just checked again, no new posts since mid 2020 on Northwest Pinfest.

#25 3 years ago

It looks like the Ohio Pinball show might no longer be a thing. At least the web site is dead.

Edit: I could be wrong, but... enh

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ohio-pinball-show-2021-dates

#26 3 years ago

Derek,

Jeff posted the link to my event calendar page on tiltforums a few replies above. At this point, many events "hope" to take place, but most are still in wait-and-see mode since "large gatherings" are still prohibited in most of the country. How far in advance events choose to declare a cancellation or postponement has varied, largely dependent on the arrangements with their venues. One other thing to consider is that even if an event is able to go forward, there's a chance that a significant percentage of the games they hope to have present may not be there as some portion of the attendees remain unable or unwilling to risk going yet. For the next few months, small (under 50 people) events hosted at individual arcades or homes in states that are "open" to some degree is all we're likely to see. At least there are some places that can do stuff, e.g. the Wisconsin stream last week. We're still totally shut down here in CA.

LTNS, hope you're doing ok.

#27 3 years ago

From the NW Pinball Show Facebook Page:
    “We are sure you were expecting this... the 2021 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show is cancelled. With the current ban on large events at this point in the pandemic, the Greater Tacoma Convention Center remains closed to public events.

In the meantime, we urge you to support local arcades, pinball leagues, game vendors, and other pinball and arcade related businesses and organizations as things start opening up! Thank you for your continued support. We do the show for you and we hope our pinball and arcade community is getting through these tough times OK!”

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobmathuse:

Derek,
    Jeff posted the link to my event calendar page on tiltforums a few replies above. At this point, many events "hope" to take place, but most are still in wait-and-see mode since "large gatherings" are still prohibited in most of the country. How far in advance events choose to declare a cancellation or postponement has varied, largely dependent on the arrangements with their venues. One other thing to consider is that even if an event is able to go forward, there's a chance that a significant percentage of the games they hope to have present may not be there as some portion of the attendees remain unable or unwilling to risk going yet. For the next few months, small (under 50 people) events hosted at individual arcades or homes in states that are "open" to some degree is all we're likely to see. At least there are some places that can do stuff, e.g. the Wisconsin stream last week. We're still totally shut down here in CA.
    LTNS, hope you're doing ok.

Thanks bob, that’s the cold hard truth and you laid it out perfectly.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from AnimeDude892:

From the NW Pinball Show Facebook Page:
    “We are sure you were expecting this... the 2021 Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show is cancelled. With the current ban on large events at this point in the pandemic, the Greater Tacoma Convention Center remains closed to public events.
    In the meantime, we urge you to support local arcades, pinball leagues, game vendors, and other pinball and arcade related businesses and organizations as things start opening up! Thank you for your continued support. We do the show for you and we hope our pinball and arcade community is getting through these tough times OK!”

Northwest canceling sucks it's one of the few I could have made with my calendar.

#30 3 years ago

Really awful two in a row - nothing in 2020, nothing in 2021.

#31 3 years ago

have to see how things pan out in Michigan.
    we would like to do Rollapalooza at Richfield bowl where we give away a machine for winner of classics.
    that is usually in june..

and our big event at the house
    frosty fest with the best food, machines from all eras and all that jazz....multi strike event!
    we shall see.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

have to see how things pan out in Michigan.
    we would like to do Rollapalooza at Richfield bowl where we give away a machine for winner of classics.
    that is usually in june..
    and our big event at the house
    frosty fest with the best food, machines from all eras and all that jazz....multi strike event!
    we shall see.

Keep me posted, those tourneys are always so much fun up there in Michigan! Do another tourney at Bavarian Inn, great fun and the hotel is awesome! And let me know dates for any tourneys coming up once they’re confirmed, thanks!

#33 3 years ago

I was hugely disappointed that TPF was cancelled for the second year in a row. I am greatly hoping for HAAP to go on as scheduled in November. Fingers crossed.

#34 3 years ago

Keep me posted, those tourneys are always so much fun up there in Michigan! Do another tourney at Bavarian Inn, great fun and the hotel is awesome! And let me know dates for any tourneys coming up once they’re confirmed, thanks!

i will sir. the Bavarian was tons of fun. Will look into that for sure. The entire town is amazing and people will have a great time besides pinball.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-there-any-pinball-shows-tournaments-for-2021?hl=pinball7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.