It could happen

Thanks
James

#2 11 years ago

No all gone you better go premium

#3 11 years ago

8000$ is my offer lmk

#4 11 years ago

I bought 4. Starting the Ebay auctions at $12k.

#5 11 years ago

Automated has one Ebay for 9k. Maybe you can swing a non-ebay deal with them

#6 11 years ago

Automated are very shady from what I hear and they do not take car of their repeat customers

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Automated are very shady from what I hear and they do not take car of their repeat customers

#8 11 years ago

I wonder if the guys in the band are each getting a MOP ...that would mean there are even less!!!!

Maybe Stern will make them their own special version that wont be part of the 500

#9 11 years ago

I can guarantee that James will get a one off.

#10 11 years ago

Yes but they're in Canada eh

#11 11 years ago

I think James got one so if anyone else has I would be interested as long as price not too ridiculous

I think I was sleeping wed or something because by the time I saw pics on thurs they were gone lol.
Picked a bad day not to check the forums.

Kinda surprised they didn't make more les. They must have know a while ago that this game was gonna be huge.

I know it's been said before but stern should look into combine LE and premium Into 1 game. Seems like a lot more people didn't get one that wanted vs people that did. In essence making less than half your fan base unhappy. People won't miss an LE if stern doesnt make one.

Keep armor and glass translight, get rid of the certificate and plaque or number as many as they can sell. Give pre orders a better price than subsequent runs so they can still get a strong early order. Maybe also sign only the first run as a pre order bonus. Seems this would make every happy but flippers as they would have to wait till game is out of print before they can flip at a profit.

It will be interesting to see what happens if a Ton of people start preordering everything super early now. Will that cause stern to start better anticipating demand and maybe start making more? Will le games start selling out before the name of the game is announced? Will a giant emp blast hit the us and end the pinball hobby as we know it?

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from jaydawg0006:

I think James got one so if anyone else has I would be interested as long as price not too ridiculous
I think I was sleeping wed or something because by the time I saw pics on thurs they were gone lol.
Picked a bad day not to check the forums.
Kinda surprised they didn't make more les. They must have know a while ago that this game was gonna be huge.
I know it's been said before but stern should look into combine LE and premium Into 1 game. Seems like a lot more people didn't get one that wanted vs people that did. In essence making less than half your fan base unhappy. People won't miss an LE if stern doesnt make one.
Keep armor and glass translight, get rid of the certificate and plaque or number as many as they can sell. Give pre orders a better price than subsequent runs so they can still get a strong early order. Maybe also sign only the first run as a pre order bonus. Seems this would make every happy but flippers as they would have to wait till game is out of print before they can flip at a profit.
It will be interesting to see what happens if a Ton of people start preordering everything super early now. Will that cause stern to start better anticipating demand and maybe start making more? Will le games start selling out before the name of the game is announced? Will a giant emp blast hit the us and end the pinball hobby as we know it?

I'd bet a lot of money that you will see more than 500 Star Trek LE's. No way they only do 500 coming off the success of Metallica. I wouldn't be surprised to see 1500 or even 2000.

#13 11 years ago

I guess toss me on the list. I was and am still torn but the coffin window, Borg and Lyman are gnawing at me.

#14 11 years ago

Gotta love the assholes that buy a ton of games and flip for outrageous prices. Its sad to watch this hobby go to shit so damn fast.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Gotta love the assholes that buy a ton of games and flip for outrageous prices. Its sad to watch this hobby go to shit so damn fast.

Yah, because no one ever did that with routed MM's, AFM's, MB's, TotAN's, etc. They sold them for what they had into them, of course. I mean, who didn't get an MM off route a year or two ago for $4,000. Hell, I got 2!

Why are people wigging out about this? Does anyone honestly think this is something new? "People buy stuff and profit. Film at 11". Maybe folks are just upset they missed out?

"You snooze, you loose."

#16 11 years ago

I'm not wigging, its my opinion and I am entitled to it. I am in the hobby for the love of the games and the memories it brings back. Just sucks that most flippers could give a rats ass about pinball and what it means to someone who really loves it. Believe it or not most of us are priced out of the market on alot of these games (except the richies riches and the elitists) and will never be able to enjoy owning one. I know people will say too fucking bad, money talks, blah blah. I am all for people making money and being creative enough to make it happen, but pinball to me is about way more than money. This just makes me sad. End of story.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

I'd bet a lot of money that you will see more than 500 Star Trek LE's. No way they only do 500 coming off the success of Metallica. I wouldn't be surprised to see 1500 or even 2000.

That's a no brainer, even X-Men had more than 500 LEs. Distributors felt burnt over left over TF, XM, and AV LE stock, so they cut the Metallica LE from 2 models to 1 and total number down. If they pre-announced info to gauge customer interest rather than clamping down on info, they wouldn't have had to resort to guessing, which has burned them every single time. I repeat... EVERY SINGLE TIME.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I'm not wigging, its my opinion and I am entitled to it. I am in the hobby for the love of the games and the memories it brings back.

If that's the case than the premium should be fine for you. Game play will be the same between the premium and LE.

#19 11 years ago

Shame, because speculation is the beginning of the end of the bubble. Most high priced collectables are that way because people didn't buy them.

#20 11 years ago

AC/DC had 500 LE's total (LTBR @ 200/ BIB @ 300) so 1 Metallica LE @ 500 makes sense to me to cut costs down. I bought into the AC/DC and XM but wasnt happy with my XM purchase due to so many problems with them out the box. This prevented me from buying the Avengers too. Plus im somewhat sick of Super Hero themes.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I'm not wigging, its my opinion and I am entitled to it.

Of course.

Quoted from Squeakman:

that most flippers could give a rats ass

Fairly broad statement. We don't even know where all the pins went. Maybe 485 people got single LE's. Do you know who purchased what?

Quoted from Squeakman:

but pinball to me is about way more than money.

For me as well. That's why I put games on location, to give people a chance to play the games they can't afford to purchase, and hopefully introduce new people to pinball. Maybe that's an option for you as well.

Quoted from hassellcastle:

premium should be fine for you.

I concur. Folks getting upset about missing out on the LE, or people stock piling games should purchase a Premium. Same game, less price, nothing limited about it. Plus you stick it to the flipper's by not caving to their prices. Win-win.

#22 11 years ago

Smokedog, all valid points. I applaud you not stopping to my level and being civil. Most of the time I am fine and I have a nice ollection so I can;t complain. Once in awile things get to me a bit. I try to be civil and positive in my posts.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

That would make WOZLE a lower limited production run

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Once in awhile things get to me a bit.

Happens to everyone. I've been burned on deals a couple of times. Try not to let it get me down. I'm just thankful I can afford what I have. Attitude of gratitude and all that jazz

Life is short. Spend time being positive and enjoy it.

#25 11 years ago

This hobby has been around for a long time "so quickly" makes no sense.

People have been buying and flipping games since I could remember, its a part of every hobby. I cant imagine anyone buying something, working on it and selling it for less.

#26 11 years ago

Sounds like many distributors got their allotments cut big time
with a larger portion of machines going to Europe. Sterns biggest US Dist cannot be happy
about being promised a certain number of machine and then getting the rug pulled on them.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Sounds like many distributors got their allotments cut big time
with a larger portion of machines going to Europe. Sterns biggest US Dist cannot be happy
about being promised a certain number of machine and then getting the rug pulled on them.

This is a fact.

#28 11 years ago

Is there a limit of units you can purchase when you are at a distributor level ? Such as scalpers who can't buy more than X tickets not to block everybody else.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Is there a limit of units you can purchase when you are at a distributor level ? Such as scalpers who can't buy more than X tickets not to block everybody else.

Maybe a distributer can answer that for us, but I have been told that the distributers Le units that they are allowed to receive is based on the number of Pro and Premium models that they order.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

There absolutely has to be a limit on LE's - otherwise any distributor would bag them all and charge a ridiculous price for them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 149.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 25.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-there-any-mop-metallica-left and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.