6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by chalkup8
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Twister_Suck_s.jpg
    Killer.gif

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

Tommy,

Just couldn't get into it.

#52 6 years ago

I wouldn't say I regret owning any pin, but there are several I was really glad to see tha back of! The good thing about owning them is I got to play them and to realise I don't want them again, so no regrets there... Ones that had to go are Striker Extreme, RCT, Tron, Dr Who, RFM, Twister, TFTC, TAF... the list goes on

#53 6 years ago

SWEP1 as well

#54 6 years ago

I traded a TSPP for The Shadow + cash my way. Had never played The Shadow before the trade, but had read some good reviews of the game. Set it up and found that I couldn't stand the callouts, the gameplay, the look of the playfield, and almost everything about the game. Glad to see the back of it!

#55 6 years ago

X files that pin sucks couldn't wait for it to leave now whenever I play a sega I get bad juju... the one I regret selling believe it or not was a hook that was a fun game oddly enough the windcoaster ramp was really fun

#57 6 years ago

I regret several. DE Simpsons stands out. As a Simpsons fan I was highly disappointed with how the game turned out. Same for TSPP, but I wisely never bought one.

#58 6 years ago

No Fear was my biggest regret and took me almost 6 months to get rid of...

#59 6 years ago

This is a very cool topic. Keep it going!

#60 6 years ago

Black Rose. It was in great shape, but I just never got into it. Something about the rules just doesn't resonate with me. I traded it for a Taxi and haven't regretted it.

#61 6 years ago

DE SW. It was a better pin before I owned it do to the hype. After I owned it, it made JP feel like MM.

#62 6 years ago

Roadshow. 2 heads aren't better than one.
    And a few older bally/sterns like Seawitch, Mata Hari, .. didn't really like them.

#63 6 years ago

Freddy
    And
    Roadshow

#64 6 years ago

I regret over paying for my SS, but play-wise no regrets.

#65 6 years ago

Black Hole, mainly because I had a hell of a time getting it, including calling in a few favors - thanks JarJar! Then when I finally got it home and set up I found out I didn't really care for it. That bitch weighs a ton, too!

Also T2, mostly for monetary reasons. Lost a couple hundred on the sale, but it went to a friend who really enjoys it so it's all good.

#66 6 years ago

TSPP

$3800 for "Shoot the left ramp" then "Shoot the right loop" and so on. Ugh.

#67 6 years ago

Gilligan's Island. One of my first machines. Bought it for the theme. Didn't last long at all. Ugh!

#68 6 years ago

STTNG. I kinda dig the star trek theme song And the shots are great but I couldn't get it out the door fast enough when I got a buyer

#69 6 years ago

HRC! Got sick of hearing George Bush holler JACKPOT!

#70 6 years ago

HUO tspp, lost 800 and could not stand the game. Glad to get it out of the house.

#71 6 years ago

I hated TSPP the first time I played it but I was a very casual player at that point in pinball meaning I never even knew a pinball machine had a wizard mode. Once I learned to appreciate a games rule set, it was love with that title forward.

Seeing a fair amount of SWEP1.

#72 6 years ago

Not yet.

But what I really can't believe is that HS2 showed up twice in this thread. I own and love that machine....I doubt I'll ever sell it.

and STTNG!!! really! That machine is probably in my top three.

#73 6 years ago

O1 was probably my big mistake. Shortest time in the basement of any pin so far.

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Not yet.
    But what I really can't believe is that HS2 showed up twice in this thread. I own and love that machine....I doubt I'll ever sell it.
    and STTNG!!! really! That machine is probably in my top three.

I hear you. It's also crazy to see so much hate for TSPP. We're talking about the greatest ruleset in all of pinball and one of the funniest pins ever. I suck at it and can't even get to AI, but I know greatness when I see it.

#75 6 years ago

Can't say that I do. Any games I bought, that I didn't want to keep, were bought specifically to sell. I've purchased quite a few games just to restore and sell.

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I know a lot of people on here really like both of these pins but, I got a Gorgar and didn't care for it so I sold it and bought a Black Knight and didn't care for it either.

Shows how different everyone is, I absolutely love both of those games. Then some of the games collectors go crazy over I just don't see what the big deal is. That's the beauty of pinball, there are so many different games to fit everyone's tastes.

#77 6 years ago

NONE. They all are welcome.

#78 6 years ago

Big Ben.

#79 6 years ago

For me TSPP was just not for me. I bought it for a friend and had it at my house for a month. I just couldn't get into it. My buddy picks it up and 3 days later calls me and says he hates it. Some games aren't for everyone.

#80 6 years ago

There have been 2 games that I really wanted and went to great lengths to acquire, that really disappointed me once I had them , Getaway and Guns N Roses. GNR was particularly disappointing, put a lot of work into restoring it and it just fell flat to me.

#81 6 years ago

I am glad I bought them to try out, and experience the gameplay. But in the end regretted buying them and could not sell them fast enough, big guns, whiteWater (I know I know), and demo man. For whatever reason I could not get into them, I tried really hard to like demo man, put about 60 games on it, and someone asked me to sell it, and I never looked back. Got my original investment (minus gas and travel of course)

Whitewater was such a hunk of junk, I am thinking I need to try harder to learn the age, but it just seems so.......blah, slow music....dunno, maybe I just sucked at the game

#82 6 years ago

Target Alpha.

Owned it for a few months and sold it for what I had into it.

Drop Targets & that is it, one time around per ball. Game Play was yuck and no plunger shot for the most part.

Played it for 2 years straight in high school and loved it and that's why I bought it.

Some things I liked 35 years ago is not what I like now and this game falls into that category.

"Spirit of 76" is what replaced it and will stay in my collection. Funny thing is as a kid I did not really care for the SO76, go figure.

Ken

#83 6 years ago

Phantom of the Opera. I've had it for 2 1/2 years. It's constantly broken.

Haunted House. Looked great. Slow and no fun at all. Sold it for slight profit.

Monopoly. Boring.

#84 6 years ago

I don't regret owning anything I've had .

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

I don't regret owning anything I've had .

Same here. Got tired of TOM quickly, but was glad to have a J Pop game drop by my small collection for a short while. In the end, it's not the size of the collection but how many different games you get to play.

#86 6 years ago

Fire! The artwork is very impressive but the game play is very boring. Glad I had it for the time I did.

Twister is another one.

#87 6 years ago

Who Dunnit.It had some nice touches,lighting,music,midnight madness,but too easy to solve the cases and that big open centre ramp put me off the game in the end.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 14.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Other
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 67.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 445.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 7,500.00
    There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside