Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by chalkup8
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Twister_Suck_s.jpg
    Killer.gif
    There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

I was just looking at my game list on here and of course over the years I have bought only the games that I truly loved or at least thought I did... With that said, I would put SWEP1 at the bottom of the games that I have owned list. Not sure I would call it a regret but it would be last on my list of games I have owned or at least to be welcomed back into my collection.

How about you?

#2 11 years ago

Big Guns. Though, the reason was probably more that the game was described by the seller as WAY better than its actual condition. Didn't think that much of the game, either....

#3 11 years ago

i wanted tz gone the entire time i owned it but i miss it now that it's gone. i feel the same way about afm.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Big Guns. Though, the reason was probably more that the game was described by the seller as WAY better than its actual condition. Didn't think that much of the game, either....

So bad you did not even bother to list it on past games you have owned?

#5 11 years ago

Centaur not because I hated it but the rest of the family did although I will admit I got bored with it quicker than I thought I would.

#6 11 years ago

I loved CV until I owned one. I doubt I'll ever truly miss it now that its gone. On the other hand, I miss my MM and CFTBL, a little bit.

#7 11 years ago

Not yet!

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

So bad you did not even bother to list it on past games you have owned?

Seriously? Wow, no. I will fix that. Wonder where it went?

#9 11 years ago

How about the opposite. I regret selling Laser War. It was my first pin, easy, but fast and fun. I will own one again some day.

#10 11 years ago

Nope... The only pin I ever unloaded landed me a HUO SM. Haven't regretted it for a second!

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

With that said, I would put SWEP1 at the bottom of the games that I have owned list.

Funny, when I read the title that is the first game that came to me, for the same reasons you sighted. I would own it again and I don't regret owning it, or any for that matter. It is one of the last one's I would buy back tho.

Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Did you buy that local in Iowa? I liked BG but it was not one that grabbed or hooked me. It is a neat game tho, love the cannon's.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

i wanted tz gone the entire time i owned it but i miss it now that it's gone. i feel the same way about afm.

I really miss my TZ, that would be the first game I would welcome back into my collection and then SC.

I have owned two AFM's. Although it is a great game and an amazing theme, there was just too much money to be had in selling it and I am very happy I did when I did... Same goes with MM. Two awesome games that are worth current market prices but no more IMO.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Centaur not because I hated it but the rest of the family did although I will admit I got bored with it quicker than I thought I would.

Bad ass game but honestly, almost a tie with SWEP1 for me. Would rather own it though in a large collection than SWEP1 though so that is why it did not come in last.

Things I hated about that game was it was revolutionary for it's time but compared to modern games with a DMD and ramps...Was not for me in my small collection plus I hated working on it.

#14 11 years ago

SWE1 is a beautiful game, love the vision in the design. It just had no depth or substance. Very shallow and the video modes very repetitious, just fell flat. But it had so much potential. The Pin2K platform could have really evolved into amazing pinball.

#15 11 years ago

Same here I regret my last trade only cause seller didn't warn of all the issues it had, it's not really his fault just because I advertised that I was looking for a project pin that booted and that's all it did was boot.
    I now have a money pit Party Zone and I regret getting it.

#16 11 years ago

Hmmm good topic. Financially it would have to be LOTR LE. Gameplay wise TFLE, TFTC & TSPP stand out the most.

#17 11 years ago

Easy...Eight Ball Champ. Thought it would a good title like EBD....Sucked big ass and the mylar on the PF was put on with crazy glue and took up 50% of the paint when I removed it. It was lifting and bubbling in places so it had to come off.

#18 11 years ago

Hurricane and Popeye.

#19 11 years ago

I owned a nice Demo Man for all of 3 weeks. Just not for me

#20 11 years ago

DE Batman was a snooze fest for me...I also could not get into TSPP. Weird I love JD, JM and FT. I think there maybe a division in pinball taste like left brain hemisphere ppl vs right hemisphere ppl.

#21 11 years ago

I bought a Sega Star Wars Trilogy based upon the Star Wars theme. The game, IMHO, sucked. I love Star Wars, I like the DE Star Wars, but the Sega is a dog.

Just my opinion.

Tom

#22 11 years ago

I picked up a pretty good deal on a Champion Pub earlier this year. I wasn't sure if it was a keeper so I set it up in my friend next door's dining room for a week. The novelties of the jump rope, speed bag and boxer got boring after a few games and sold it.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

i wanted tz gone the entire time i owned it but i miss it now that it's gone.

Heh, that was the same way that I felt about my TZ until you bought it.

I can't say I really regret it though, not enough space and not one of my favorite games...

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Financially it would have to be LOTR LE.

Thanks for that by the way.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tom_in_NoVA:

I bought a Sega Star Wars Trilogy based upon the Star Wars theme. The game, IMHO, sucked. I love Star Wars, I like the DE Star Wars, but the Sega is a dog.
    Just my opinion.
    Tom

QFT. It's a budget, uninspired and clunky piece of crap. And the artwork is abysmal — typical of Sega though.

#27 11 years ago

Super Mario Bros. Long story, stupid situation, lesson learned.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

I loved CV until I owned one.

+1 and TSPP not for me.

#29 11 years ago

No Fear, because after owning it for a while (and not liking it that much) it took me over a year to sell the stupid thing. This was a few years back and I was asking under $1500. Glad it finally left.

#30 11 years ago

Batman Forever....Just didnt feel the Joy of completing any mode.
    Monopoly.....enjoyed it elsewhere, felt I mastered it after a week.

#31 11 years ago

None... All... with my current number of pins approaching max capacity, every purchase means one less opportunity... and look how long is my wish list.

But the first one to go will be the EM Space mission. I got that one for a few $, but never imagined I would have to carry it in very steep narrow stairs. That was a nightmare. I also realized EM were really heavy. I drove a long way to get it, so I took it, even if the pin was not as nice as I thought and cannot say I love the gameplay. So that one will go but, as I want to keep one EM, I am actively seeking a CQ Dancing Lady - we were born the same year...

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Thanks for that by the way.

Guess i'll have to make up the loss with Safe Cracker....

#33 11 years ago

No. It was the one that I purchased from a dude near St Louis. The game is up your way now. PB22 took it to the dude that buys all of the EM's near you. Who and where he is remains a mystery to me, though.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Guess i'll have to make up the loss with Safe Cracker....

lol

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

SWE1 is a beautiful game, love the vision in the design. It just had no depth or substance. Very shallow and the video modes very repetitious, just fell flat. But it had so much potential. The Pin2K platform could have really evolved into amazing pinball.

I agree. I wanted that game to be so much more than it was.

#36 11 years ago

None so far.
    But there are several games I wish I hadn't passed on:

Rollergames, Grand Lizard, HSII, CTFBL...

#37 11 years ago

Right now I'm regretting owning Time Machine and Rollergames...but has NOTHING to do with gameplay. They just turned out to be two massive projects that I wasn't ready for. I'm getting close to being done with both of them though. Can see the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak, but it's taking a lot of time, money, and learning to fix.

#38 11 years ago

Kings of Steel. That thing almost ended up becoming firewood.

#39 11 years ago

I know a lot of people on here really like both of these pins but, I got a Gorgar and didn't care for it so I sold it and bought a Black Knight and didn't care for it either.

#40 11 years ago

Regret owning, no. Regret buying, yes. Glad I sold it, yes.

#41 11 years ago

Twister

#42 11 years ago

I owned a Monopoly for about a month. The sounds and callouts were so annoying to the rest of the family that I had to get rid of it.

#43 11 years ago

The Only Pin I Hated was Twister , I don't regret Owning it because now that i've Experienced It , Twister Will Not Enter the GRG again ..

Killer.gifKiller.gif Twister_Suck_s.jpgTwister_Suck_s.jpg

#44 11 years ago

RCT,HS2,SG, wanted them gone in a week.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from wolfy:

RCT,HS2,SG, wanted them gone in a week.

SHOOT THE PYRAMID!

#46 11 years ago

Monopoly - it was like a dark cloud was removed from my game room when it left. Funhouse - first game I ever loved in an arcade wanted it gone fast. Only game I regret trading off is Tommy

#47 11 years ago

Of all the games I've owned, and gotten rid of the one I wouldn't want back is Jurassic Park. Just couldn't get into it at all. Had a working TRex,etc. too.

#48 11 years ago

SWE1: Bought NIB - Really bad use of $4100.00! Traded it away in a month!

http://alsarcade.com/swe1/

#49 11 years ago

None yet, but I'm sure I will find one I regret at some point.

#50 11 years ago

Fp, wh20, hs2, dh, acdc, r&b

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-there-any-games-you-regret-owning/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.