(Topic ID: 64406)

Are there any games where you can steal points?

By Mr68

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by bkerins
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

joust.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

I think it would be cool if you could make a combo shot during a certain mode that would take points away from your opponent(s) and award them to your score. Especially in tournament play.
    I brought this up in the Cactus Canyon Continued thread as a joke but it kinda appeals to me.

There’s a lot of brilliant people out there and I assume someone must have already thought of this. I’m also wondering what games this might work best with.

Kim
    http://www.WrongCrowdProductions.com/

#2 10 years ago

Police Force allows you to add the highest score to yours in a multiplayer game. The jackpot also carries over game to game.

#3 10 years ago

On Gilligan's Island there is a shot in which it awards all the other players 1M points. So its a shot you want to avoid. I know its the opposite of what you are asking but I thought I would mention it.

#4 10 years ago

Bally's Bugs Bunny Birthday ball has a Surprise at the end (multiple things can happen) but one of them is Swapping Scores with your opponet.....

#5 10 years ago

Cactus Jacks has a random award which is catch up. Makes your score the same as opponents.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from kguenther6:

On Gilligan's Island there is a shot in which it awards all the other players 1M points. So its a shot you want to avoid. I know its the opposite of what you are asking but I thought I would mention it.

Actually, that's pretty cool also.

Kim

#7 10 years ago

this guy...

joust.jpgjoust.jpg

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

Police Force allows you to add the highest score to yours in a multiplayer game. The jackpot also carries over game to game.

is that allowed in tournament play?! that would be good...or bad depending

#9 10 years ago

On Champion Pub...once you progress to the bigger fights you can gamble your points on fights...not stealing from other players, but a lot of fun.

#10 10 years ago

Lights, Camera, Action! has an award that will match your score to the highest score in a multiplayer game.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

IMHO, this is to be avoided at all cost! I never saw police force in a tourney... and hope it stays that way !

#12 10 years ago

Simpsons (the old DE). Has a swap score mystery feature..... I know this well since I had my all time high score while playing a 4p game and one of the others got this on ball three and took mine.... this was over 10 years ago and I am still pissed about it

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

is that allowed in tournament play?!

The machine probably isn't ever used. Even if you played single player to avoid "Take the highest score", the jackpot carry-over could provide an unfair advantage

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

The machine probably isn't ever used. Even if you played single player to avoid "Take the highest score", the jackpot carry-over could provide an unfair advantage

pinball circus, it was in a tourney.

#15 10 years ago

I wonder if PAPA has a ROM hack for that to just award 1mil or something. I just got me a HUO PF I wouldn't mind balancing it out.

Quoted from northvibe:

#16 10 years ago

Class of 1812 also has a 'match highest score' award where your score will jump to the current highest score. It can be disabled in settings. This must be an option on a lot of Gottlieb system 3 games from what I'm seeing posted here. I don't think they would ever allow these sorts of things in tournament play.

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember Who Dunnit having an award where you swap scores with another player, for better or worse. I could be wrong on the game, but I have definitely seen this.

Brian

#17 10 years ago

I should have said tournament play at my house with my drunk buddy's that kick my ass all of the time. Certainly not for the real deal.

Kim

#18 10 years ago

Ahh, the Take Highest Score on Police Force.
    Myself and two friends were playing it in a pub when it first came out. One of the guys is one of the best players in the UK and the other (his cousin) is hopeless. The good player had a magnificent score (easily the highest score) and his cousin had something like 30,000 points going in to the last ball.
    Three lucky shots around the right ramp later and we had a new Grand Champion for the only time in his life !
    Happy days.

#19 10 years ago

Hollywood Heat and 4 Million BC have features where you can start multiball with another players locked balls. So technically it's not a point stealer, but definitely gives you a nice boost in competitive play.

#20 10 years ago

It's a great game. Simple to play, challenging to master. I love the music from the unlimited million ramp.

#21 10 years ago

Not a machine, but PS3's Pinballistic does point stealing/swapping/griefing.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Class of 1812 also has a 'match highest score' award where your score will jump to the current highest score. It can be disabled in settings. This must be an option on a lot of Gottlieb system 3 games from what I'm seeing posted here. I don't think they would ever allow these sorts of things in tournament play.
    I could be wrong, but I seem to remember WHO dunnit having an award where you swap scores with another player, for better or worse. I could be wrong on the game, but I have definitely seen this.
    Brian

Nope, not on Who Dunnit? You gamble points on the roulette but you can't steal from others.

Police Force has the swap scores.....horrible game even without this "feature". Jokerz has "Double your score" on the last ball.

#23 10 years ago

Tee'd Off has a "SKINS!" mode in which you can bet all (or none) of your points that you will make a shot randomly identified after you make your bet.

#24 10 years ago

I doubt people would want to use Police Force in a tournament anyways, since the way to high scoring is to simply pound that million ramp forever and ever.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Finrod:

simply pound that million ramp forever and ever

And let the criminals run free?!?

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember WHO dunnit having an award where you swap scores with another player, for better or worse. I could be wrong on the game, but I have definitely seen this.
    Brian

Who Dunnit does not have this feature. In non-tournament play the jackpot value is shared by all players, so a player can inherit another player's high jackpot value. That might be what you're thinking of.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-there-any-games-where-you-can-steal-points and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.