(Topic ID: 137595)

Calgary Pinball League/Tournies (Death Save Pinball Calgary)

By TBatti

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by TBatti
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will Wes repeat as champion?”

• Yes 2 votes
    67%
  • No 1 vote
    33%

(3 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSP logo FB page (resized).jpg
stern-pinball-walking-dead-translite_1_2575d1cbfa8d26020d30fdc1a6d29075 (resized).jpg
IMG_6920 (resized).JPG
20181211_211514 (resized).jpg
20181211_210652 (resized).jpg
real and spectuclar (resized).jpg
SCPL 'Pioneer' Season 5 (Fall 2018)_ Results_ Meet #6.pdf (PDF preview)
20181128_194924 (resized).jpg
20181128_194624 (resized).jpg
20181128_194921 (resized).jpg
standings (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
12977235_10154130730043910_8366275029900218938_o_(resized).jpg
20160427_200420_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_0126_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dangerdangertilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 8 years ago

Congrats to both of you guys. Dan, don't worry, you'll get a win one of these days Honestly can't believe the awesome turnout. Definitely a challenge to make it work with that many people. Big thanks to Johnny and Zane for letting us put this on and wheeling in the extra games. Hopefully the guys who are heading up to Edmonton got some good match play training in. Overall that was one great night of pinball! Can't wait for the next one.

2 months later
#19 8 years ago

Thanks for bumping the thread Tony. Very excited to officially kick off the inaugural season of Stampede City Pinball tomorrow night. The response has been awesome. Can't wait to see everybody out! At least one spot left, so if you are interested shoot me a PM. League will run every second Wed night Jan 20 to Apr 27 at the Flames Community Arenas bar. Competition starts at 7:30pm sharp!

#28 8 years ago

Awesome night of pinball. Initial seeding results are out. I think the format did a pretty good job of ranking people by skill. Darren ended up in the #2 spot... if that's sandbagging everyone better watch out! Can't wait to kick off the regular season in two weeks.

4 weeks later
#35 8 years ago

Thanks Tony, definitely another great night. Here's the link to the results page:

http://scp.league.papa.org/

1 month later
#48 8 years ago

One of you guys will get that last Div A spot. I think you should make a side bet to make it interesting! And just think you'll get a good preview of your playoff competition playing Doug and Darren. It will be a tall task to beat those guys for the money.

4 weeks later
#71 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

FYI, there is now a "Leagues" subforum. If you thing this thread is more appropriate there, I can easily move it... (currently in "Events")

Yeah I think that would make sense since this has become the defacto thread for our league. Thanks. Maybe if OP Tony is cool with it we can change the title to something like 'Stampede City Pinball League (Calgary, AB)'

Quoted from pins4life33:

Congrats on your guys season ending tournament hopefully someone got some nice hardware like this!!!! Can someone bring up the ACC Cup to Edmonton on their way to YEGPIN we need to get trophy prepared for the 2016 Championship in Calgary. Don't worry you will get it back!!!!

IMG_0209_(resized).JPGIMG_0126_(resized).JPG

Thanks Derek. Johnny donated a pretty premium trophy to be our Champions Cup, but it's not quite in the same league as your belt. (Where do you even get one of those anyways?) Here's a shot of the cup and the rest of the hardware we doled out. And dont worry we'll definitely bring the AB Cup next weekend. All of us that are going are super pumped for the show. Our t-shirts arrived yesterday so there will be no missing the SCPL crew! Can't wait.

20160427_200420_(resized).jpg20160427_200420_(resized).jpg

12977235_10154130730043910_8366275029900218938_o_(resized).jpg12977235_10154130730043910_8366275029900218938_o_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#82 7 years ago

I'm thrilled to announce that the Stampede City Pinball League is pleased to present the "SCPL Summer Series". Things are still a work in progress but (most) machines are in so ready or not we are starting this Wed June 1st. Here are the details so far:

What is it?
A weekly on-location pinball night to keep up the momentum from our inaugural season, and introduce all interested newcomers to the fantastic world of competitive pinball.

Where is it?
Koko's Restaurant & Sport Lounge (4712 13 St NE)

When is it?
Every Wed from 6pm to close, starting June 1st through the end of August.

How Much?
$5 for all night free play

Who can come?
Everybody 18+. Unlike our winter league that had a capped participant list, each night in the summer series will be open to drop-ins. We know its tough to commit to things in summer so we wanted to make it easy to encourage people to come out whenever they have a free Wed night.

What is the format (aka will I earn IFPA points)?
The first couple of nights will be an open format with no formal competition element, but starting June 22nd the format will be a weekly tournament. The first 4 events have been registered on the IFPA calendar. Check out the link: http://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=14128

Can I play the machines the rest of the week?
Yes, certain games will be on coin drop so you are free to come in to play those anytime Koko's is open to the public. We are also looking at possibly holding some longer format tournaments on weekends.

Speaking of the machines, which ones?
So far there are 5 games in the lounge and 2 more expected by this Wed. Here's the current line up:

Pinbot
Big Hurt
Class of 1812
Stellar Wars
Breakshot
Bram Stoker's Dracula (*)
Metallica Pro (*)

Please mark Wednesday nights on your calendars and come on out whenever you can. We definitely want to introduce pinball to new people so be sure to tell your friends and bring newbies out.

I've also created an official Stampede City Pinball account on Instagram (stampedecitypinball), so for all you grammers please follow it!

#87 7 years ago

Ok Dan, Breakshot vs Pinbot, which will breakdown first?

In all seriousness the first night was awesome. I can't believe over 30 people showed up. Great to see a bunch of new faces. I'd say the summer series is off to a good start.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I heard Clark mis-entered his initials trying to work the special buttons on the front of the cabinet reserved for entering your initials...

LAC ☺

#91 7 years ago

Night #2 of our Summer Series tomorrow. It was awesome to see 30 people out last week... hope to see even more tomorrow! And for those that are interested I added Koko's to the pinside map.

7 months later
#129 7 years ago

Ferret Joe you rock! Thanks for chiming in. We're following the banked preplay system. The main grief is coming from allowing it to be honour system by letting people to do it on their own time without a witness. That and we had a grace period for the first half of the season to allow make ups. As said before we are a new league in a market where competitive pinball was an absolutely foreign concept a year ago. Everyone is moving up the learning curve and my view has been to allow some leniency of the rules so as to not to chase the new and more casual players away. Honestly, after giving preplays a try this season, I prefer the simplicity of a 'drop the lowest meet' system and will most likely push to go back to that next time.

Pinhead306 Awesome local pinheads Johnny and Zane own the games at the Arenas. As those of us in the group who each have a game at the Trap and Gill know, maintaining a location pin as a side gig can be quite the task... let alone 10 like those guys have! Location pinball in Calgary is only alive and kicking thanks to the hobbiest community. Hope to see you out next Wed for our drop in night!

Clark

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,000 (Firm)
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.95
$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dangerdangertilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-there-any-calgary-tournies-or-leagues?tu=dangerdangertilt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.