(Topic ID: 137595)

Calgary Pinball League/Tournies (Death Save Pinball Calgary)

By TBatti

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by TBatti
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Will Wes repeat as champion?”

• Yes 2 votes
    67%
  • No 1 vote
    33%

(3 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSP logo FB page (resized).jpg
stern-pinball-walking-dead-translite_1_2575d1cbfa8d26020d30fdc1a6d29075 (resized).jpg
IMG_6920 (resized).JPG
20181211_211514 (resized).jpg
20181211_210652 (resized).jpg
real and spectuclar (resized).jpg
SCPL 'Pioneer' Season 5 (Fall 2018)_ Results_ Meet #6.pdf (PDF preview)
20181128_194924 (resized).jpg
20181128_194624 (resized).jpg
20181128_194921 (resized).jpg
standings (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
12977235_10154130730043910_8366275029900218938_o_(resized).jpg
20160427_200420_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_0126_(resized).JPG

There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 7 years ago

I'm sure he'd enjoy a bit of variety from winning all the time!

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Are you still referring to pinball?

You are an a$$,

1 month later
#103 7 years ago

I don't understand meet 5 results. Actually it is with respect to Dan. How does he go down when he had more points and the guy with 2 forfeits goes up it defies all logic, http://scp.league.papa.org/meetResults/2/5

#104 7 years ago

I got f**ked by their system again,I mentioned it to.
He has missed 4 or 5 meets already,goes up every time with pre plays.
I said the same thing,forfeits should not award a player by moving him up,and the actual winner going down,it's just stupid.

I said I am better off not showing up and doing the same thing.

It effects everyone he plays against,or should I say doesn't play

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I got f**ked by their system again,I mentioned it to.
He has missed 4 or 5 meets already,goes up every time with pre plays.
I said the same thing,forfeits should not award a player by moving him up,and the actual winner going down,it's just stupid.
I said I am better off not showing up and doing the same thing.
It effects everyone he plays against,or should I say doesn't play

Clearly the software running the stats is flawed from what I can see and a question to the website should be made

#106 7 years ago

Also if you forfeit there should be a setting that no bonus points can go to someone not there. If you miss, you miss on bonus as well. There should be a setting for that somewhere??

#107 7 years ago

I don't feel that competing against preplays is an equal playing field. If I'm playing against someone who is not present, we should at least be able to see their scores ahead of time, is this not an option? I mean, I always try to play my best, but a lot of times in a group competition, you're just trying to outplay whoever you're playing with. Some of the preplay scores seem conveniently higher than what the person would normally score in a competitive scenario. There is certainly a factor of your nerves getting to you as well when you're competing against 2 or 3 other guys who are actually there, every game is a crap shoot really. Some of my best scoring games I've played on any of those machines is when I'm playing a single player game during practice, or on off days when i've just gone and played outside of a meet, because there's no pressure and you have this pleasant progression through each of your balls and keeps you in a certain 'zone' in your head. How well is the validity of the pre-plays policed? Also, someone setting a preplay score on any of those games back in November/December and the scores getting used now also puts a lot of factors into question... like I know that Ghostbusters code has changed since when we first started.... Anybody who put a preplay score on that was playing a totally different game than what we are playing now (for example PKE skillshots awarded 5x multiplier on the P shot, versus it only awarding 3x now with newer code). Metallica also plays much worse now than it did two months ago. At some point Metallica had a ball save turned on during competition.... It no longer has ball save (confirmed last night, but i remember it being on during a previous meet). This changes everything about how the game plays and potentially scores! I would be more in favour of your scores for your worst evening or two dropped like season #1, and then there wouldn't be all this painful administration of pre-plays, and puts everybody back on an equal playing field competitively.

I have spoken to a few people who have ended up in groups a few times where everybody else was a no-show for the evening, and no matter how well they thought they played that night, they still ended up going down a group. They agree that it kind of sucks the fun out of it all, and their desire to come to the meets is getting less and less.

Overall, I generally have been enjoying hanging out with everybody, and there have been some great match ups in my own groups that i've been playing in. I think there is some room for improvement in the future, but I think the ship has sailed on season 2.

That being said, I appreciate all the work the league organisers and game donors have been putting in. Its not easy to throw something like this together, while keeping the games all running smoothly in a high use environment.

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I don't feel that competing against preplays is an equal playing field. If I'm playing against someone who is not present, we should at least be able to see their scores ahead of time, is this not an option? I mean, I always try to play my best, but a lot of times in a group competition, you're just trying to outplay whoever you're playing with. Some of the preplay scores seem conveniently higher than what the person would normally score in a competitive scenario. There is certainly a factor of your nerves getting to you as well when you're competing against 2 or 3 other guys who are actually there, every game is a crap shoot really. Some of my best scoring games I've played on any of those machines is when I'm playing a single player game during practice, or on off days when i've just gone and played outside of a meet, because there's no pressure and you have this pleasant progression through each of your balls and keeps you in a certain 'zone' in your head. How well is the validity of the pre-plays policed? Also, someone setting a preplay score on any of those games back in November/December and the scores getting used now also puts a lot of factors into question... like I know that Ghostbusters code has changed since when we first started.... Anybody who put a preplay score on that was playing a totally different game than what we are playing now (for example PKE skillshots awarded 5x multiplier on the P shot, versus it only awarding 3x now with newer code). Metallica also plays much worse now than it did two months ago. At some point Metallica had a ball save turned on during competition.... It no longer has ball save (confirmed last night, but i remember it being on during a previous meet). This changes everything about how the game plays and potentially scores! I would be more in favour of your scores for your worst evening or two dropped like season #1, and then there wouldn't be all this painful administration of pre-plays, and puts everybody back on an equal playing field competitively.
I have spoken to a few people who have ended up in groups a few times where everybody else was a no-show for the evening, and no matter how well they thought they played that night, they still ended up going down a group. They agree that it kind of sucks the fun out of it all, and their desire to come to the meets is getting less and less.
Overall, I generally have been enjoying hanging out with everybody, and there have been some great match ups in my own groups that i've been playing in. I think there is some room for improvement in the future, but I think the ship has sailed on season 2.
That being said, I appreciate all the work the league organisers and game donors have been putting in. Its not easy to throw something like this together, while keeping the games all running smoothly in a high use environment.

I 100% agree with all of this and echo Josh's concerns.

The Preplay system and the complications from it have tainted this season for me. I made it a mission to ensure integrity when recording my preplays by doing to under the watchful eye of a senior league official, and i don't think that was the case 100% across the board. I, like many others even paid Extra to buy in on a $10 free play night so i didn't have to inconvenience an official on off hours. That doesn’t seem right, but i do understand how that can be conceived as “purchasing some extra insurance if i need to miss a league night”, so i'm just making it as a statement, and not a strait up complaint. I'm not calling anyone out in particular, but numbers just don't add up when i go to play and have a similar experience.

I'm not trying to start a fight, or kick up any dirt, but it's put a bad taste in my mouth over Season 2.

This is all said with ZERO prejudice, malice, or disrespect to the Members of the Collective and League Officials.

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I don't feel that competing against preplays is an equal playing field. If I'm playing against someone who is not present, we should at least be able to see their scores ahead of time, is this not an option? <snipped>

The actual FSPA rules that we are using does cover the pre-play issue effectively, it's just that we've been perhaps too lienent in their enforcement this season as we are trying to make it more convenient for new players and such to ramp up and stay involved.

I do think that we will need to adopt them strictly in the future, the sooner the better AFAIC.

-------------
9. Preplays
Preplays allow a player to submit scores in advance for a planned or unplanned absence or tardiness for a league meet. Each player may use a maximum of twelve (12) preplay scores per season.

...At least one other player must participate in a preplay. Before starting each preplay game, the preplayer must announce that the game is a preplay for a specific date, or an undated preplay. For each preplay set, all working games at the league location should be played (since the specific games that will be played by the absent player's group are not known in advance). Preplays are subject to all normal rules of league play (e.g. extra ball restrictions). All preplay scores for the absent player are recorded by the other player and are reported by them to the SLO as soon as possible. It is recommended that the person submitting preplay scores retain a copy of them.
Prior to game selection at each league meet, all submitted preplay scores will be made public. After machines are chosen, preplay scores are recorded on the score sheet.
------------

So couple of key points from that:

Max of 12 preplay scores can be used in a season, so that would mean 3 complete weekly events in one season.

Preplays need to be witnessed by another participant, so you are not playing a single-player game at all but at least a 2-player game. Cheating would require collusion between the two players. Really, there is only so much you can do if someone is that motivated to cheat. This is the one we've been perhaps too lax on, though I know a bunch of people have done it the correct way anyway (with at least 2 players).

As far as the machines themselves playing differently across time, this is also a valid concern but it is difficult to account for realistically. I think the best we can do is enforce the 12 preplay score limit so that any potential advantages provided via the freeplay system are limited by how often you can use it.

#110 7 years ago

Thanks for clearing that up.

Maybe i should have put a disclaimer that any opinions outside of Josh's that i echoed are of my own. And my own alone.

I'm NOT trying to pick a fight with Clark or any other member of the league, so if anyone feels that way, its not my intent. This is not an attack on the league.

I'm simply using a public form to speak of my own personal concerns, to document them publicly, for all to see, share, dispute, correct, validate, or refute.

Open honest conversation, NOT mud slinging.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

I don't understand meet 5 results. Actually it is with respect to Dan. How does he go down when he had more points and the guy with 2 forfeits goes up it defies all logic, http://scp.league.papa.org/meetResults/2/5

I agree, I think this must be a sw bug.

12 pts is higher than 9 pts, even using my old math.

Will take this offline, I have no idea what, if anything, can be done about it now that we've already played meet 6.

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I agree, I think this must be a sw bug.
12 pts is higher than 9 pts, even using my old math.
Will take this offline, I have no idea what, if anything, can be done about it now that we've already played meet 6.

Okay, sorry guys, I was wrong. What you are seeing here is the effect that the "Effective Points" have on the groupings (but not the overall rankings). From the http://www.fspazone.org/rules/current-fspa.html rules...

"5.2 Effective Points

To prevent players from being misgrouped due to game forfeits, any player who forfeits games of a match will receive two (2) effective points for each game forfeited. Players with valid scores for a game will receive effective points equal to their actual league point count for that game. Effective points are used solely for determining grouping."

So what you are seeing is that any forfeited game awards 2 Effective Points, which is used when determining your play group movements, but not your overall rankings or division placements, etc. The idea, I believe, is to try to keep players playing against players of their own skill level as best as possible, and not "reward" them by moving them down to a potentially easier play group for the next meet because they forfeited. So even though a person may be awarded 2 Effective Points per missed game and move up a play grouping and you move down even though you beat them in actual points, consider it a reward for you and a punishment for them, since you will play in what should be an easier match next meet and they will play in a harder one, all the while your actual ranking is tracked only using the real points.

I know this is confusing, and I don't see anywhere where the sw shows the Effective Points, which is not transparent. I was a little put out by this myself last season until it was explained to me. Hopefully it makes more sense now.?

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

The idea, I believe, is to try to keep players playing against players of their own skill level as best as possible, and not "reward" them by moving them down to a potentially easier play group for the next meet because they forfeited

So essentially this would be there to prevent sand bagging?

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

So essentially this would be there to prevent sand bagging?

I think so. I can't really speak for the original justification for some of these rules, we only really have the rule guide's own explanations to go on.

So, my understanding is:

- Effective Points are used to determine player groupings for meets.
- Standings depend on total league points earned (effective points are not included in this).
- Average ladder rank is used to assign players to divisions.

#115 7 years ago

This still doesn't make sense to me,I go down farther from the top four in the group.
He gets closer to the top four, and gets into the playoffs.
Dumb system,if you ask me.

But then what do I know,I just play the game.
This last meet I had three no shows in my group.
I am guessing I will still go down,good system.
At least one guy had no pre plays as well.
other two were missing pre plays on some of the games.
So they will get forfeits and I will go down,stupid

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

This still doesn't make sense to me,I go down farther from the top four in the group.
Dumb system,if you ask me.
But then what do I know,I just play the game.
This last meet I had three no shows in my group.
I am guessing I will still go down,good system.
At least one guy had no pre plays as well.
other two were missing pre plays on some of the games.
So they will get forfeits and I will go down,stupid

It seems like the system protects the sandbaggers from sandbagging and punishes the players that are better than the group they are in. Weird system but it is what it is I guess. You'd think it would just keep the forfeit player at least stationery?

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

...bunch of bellyaching snipped...

This is not true. He may move up to play in a harder group next meet, but the effective pts don't count in the standings, so he's not getting closer to the playoffs.

Quoted from TBatti:

It seems like the system protects the sandbaggers from sandbagging and punishes the players that are better than the group they are in. Weird system but it is what it is I guess. You'd think it would just keep the forfeit player at least stationery?

Well, I didn't invent it and cannot defend it in any great detail. It seems like it's maybe a bit more complicated than it needs to be IMHO, but it basically get's the job done. If you look at the overall rankings vs. the Avg. Outscored %'s for each person they seem to be on the mark.

#118 7 years ago

Hi folks... Joe Schober from the FSPA.

About preplays: Fytr touched on most of the main points. There's one other tidbit in the FSPA rules that he didn't quote:
-----
If a player knows they will not be able to attend an upcoming league meet, the player may submit a dated preplay set for that meet. Preplay games must be played as close as possible to the meet that will be missed.
-----
That language is specifically intended to minimize the effects of changing machine conditions over the course of the season.

For undated preplays, the FSPA rules require that they all be submitted prior to the 3rd meet of the season (or prior to the 3rd meet of machine availability, if a game is added mid-season). Since by definition you don't know when an undated preplay will be used, this at least ensures that all undated preplays are recorded at roughly the same time, again with the hope that the machine conditions of those preplays will all be roughly similar.

Finally, FSPA rules call for a player to pick their group's first game, and they're required to have access to the preplay sheet before making their selection, so if they know an opponent will be absent, they can try to pick a game with a weak preplay score. The software even helps with this by color-coding the preplay scores by their relative strength (bright red = very weak, bright green = very strong).

I don't know how closely y'all are following FSPA's rules when administering preplays, but that is the thinking behind the rule.

Preplays are certainly an imperfect compromise. It generally turns out that over the long term, sometimes a preplay will be recorded under beneficial conditions compared to when it's used, and sometimes it'll be recorded under inferior conditions compared to when it's used. Hopefully it all evens out.

About effective points: Fytr again pulled the appropriate passage from our rules. Remember that one of the purposes of group movements is to naturally form groups of players of "similar skill". If a player is absent and forfeits out the night with a 0, that doesn't mean their skill was terrible. So to normalize this, **for grouping purposes only**, the rules pretend that a player who forfeited game(s) got 2 points on each game, which is the average points/player for every game. In other words, effective points assume that the absent player would've done dead-average on the forfeited game(s), and then group movements are calculated on that basis. This rule protects everyone: the absent player shouldn't be artificially moved to play (nominally) weaker opponents next meet, and those (nominally) weaker opponents shouldn't have a possible powerhouse player dropped on them unexpectedly.

Hope this explains what's going on!

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

About preplays: Fytr touched on most of the main points. There's one other tidbit in the FSPA rules that he didn't quote:
-----
If a player knows they will not be able to attend an upcoming league meet, the player may submit a dated preplay set for that meet. Preplay games must be played as close as possible to the meet that will be missed.
-----
That language is specifically intended to minimize the effects of changing machine conditions over the course of the season.
For undated preplays, the FSPA rules require that they all be submitted prior to the 3rd meet of the season (or prior to the 3rd meet of machine availability, if a game is added mid-season). Since by definition you don't know when an undated preplay will be used, this at least ensures that all undated preplays are recorded at roughly the same time, again with the hope that the machine conditions of those preplays will all be roughly similar.
Finally, FSPA rules call for a player to pick their group's first game, and they're required to have access to the preplay sheet before making their selection, so if they know an opponent will be absent, they can try to pick a game with a weak preplay score. The software even helps with this by color-coding the preplay scores by their relative strength (bright red = very weak, bright green = very strong).
I don't know how closely y'all are following FSPA's rules when administering preplays, but that is the thinking behind the rule.
Preplays are certainly an imperfect compromise. It generally turns out that over the long term, sometimes a preplay will be recorded under beneficial conditions compared to when it's used, and sometimes it'll be recorded under inferior conditions compared to when it's used. Hopefully it all evens out.
About effective points: Fytr again pulled the appropriate passage from our rules. Remember that one of the purposes of group movements is to naturally form groups of players of "similar skill". If a player is absent and forfeits out the night with a 0, that doesn't mean their skill was terrible. So to normalize this, **for grouping purposes only**, the rules pretend that a player who forfeited game(s) got 2 points on each game, which is the average points/player for every game. In other words, effective points assume that the absent player would've done dead-average on the forfeited game(s), and then group movements are calculated on that basis. This rule protects everyone: the absent player shouldn't be artificially moved to play (nominally) weaker opponents next meet, and those (nominally) weaker opponents shouldn't have a possible powerhouse player dropped on them unexpectedly.

Adds some clarity thanks. It seems we need to address the preplay scoring and choice of pin/score which we are not doing.

#120 7 years ago

Is there machines at kokos?

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

-----
-----

Thanks Joe! I really appreciate you responding to help clarify.

We have not been strictly following all of the rules as prescribed this season as we made a conscious decision to try to keep things a bit more manageable and casual as we are a young league (only our second year), and have grown from approx. 30 members to 50 this year.

With so many new players we wanted to make sure that folks were able to come up to speed gradually on the rules, etc. So we took certain steps like allowing players to submit makeup games after a meet that they missed for the first part of the season, then more recently changed that to enforce the pre-play rules more strictly.

We have also been using a pre-draw system for the games to be played by each group, instead of having the players pick the games themselves, to try to keep delays down with 50 players and 8 machines to play on.

Certainly this more relaxed approach has its disadvantages as shown by some of the frustrations being expressed in this thread, but I think it has been successful in keeping things accessible and mostly, and most importantly, fun for the majority.

Having said that, I do think that a more strict enforcement of the rules as stated is probably worth implementing for next season. If necessary we could even consider adding a Novice league in the future to help ramp up new players while keeping things on the straight and narrow for the regulars. These are ideas that we will have to explore and discuss with the group.

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

There were during the summer but not anymore. There are 8 beautiful working games at the Atlantic Trap & Gill on Heritage Dr. and McLeod Trail SW.

#123 7 years ago

Thanks I went there and checked it out deffinately a beauty of a line up! I also went too the flames community arena. Was just hoping I might have found another location to play. What nights are the 10$ free play nights that are coming up?

#124 7 years ago

Don't hesitate to ping me if you (anyone) want to bounce ideas about league rules and procedures off me... at this point I've seen pretty much every imaginable variation (and some variations that never should've been imagined ) and can discuss the pros and cons of them. That background might be helpful as you consider future changes.

(To that point, you noted above that you can't speak to the original justifications for the rules... funny you say that, I've actually been working on a "directors commentary" document to go alongside the FSPA rules and talk about the rationale behind them, including other variations we've tried over the years, so other leagues can benefit from our knowledge and experience... even if that means deciding that you don't like some of our rules and want to change them, which is fine, but it's better to make decisions with as much information as possible. Unfortunately, I've been working on this document for quite awhile, it's low priority, so who knows when it'll get finished...)

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Thanks I went there and checked it out deffinately a beauty of a line up! I also went too the flames community arena. Was just hoping I might have found another location to play. What nights are the 10$ free play nights that are coming up?

Free play nights are every other Wednesday. The next one is this coming Wednesday, January 18th.

Come on out and bring some friends!

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Don't hesitate to ping me if you (anyone) want to bounce ideas about league rules and procedures off me... at this point I've seen pretty much every imaginable variation (and some variations that never should've been imagined ) and can discuss the pros and cons of them. That background might be helpful as you consider future changes.
(To that point, you noted above that you can't speak to the original justifications for the rules... funny you say that, I've actually been working on a "directors commentary" document to go alongside the FSPA rules and talk about the rationale behind them, including other variations we've tried over the years, so other leagues can benefit from our knowledge and experience... even if that means deciding that you don't like some of our rules and want to change them, which is fine, but it's better to make decisions with as much information as possible. Unfortunately, I've been working on this document for quite awhile, it's low priority, so who knows when it'll get finished...)

Awesome Joe! I'm sure we'll take you up on that offer.

Would love to read the director's commentary as well I think that would be very interesting. Doesn't need to be anything fancy just some point form notes on background for the various rules.

#127 7 years ago

Who's pins are at the flames community arena?

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Who's pins are at the flames community arena?

They belong to a couple of guys,Johnny and Zane.
Good guys,don't tell them I said that though.

#129 7 years ago

Ferret Joe you rock! Thanks for chiming in. We're following the banked preplay system. The main grief is coming from allowing it to be honour system by letting people to do it on their own time without a witness. That and we had a grace period for the first half of the season to allow make ups. As said before we are a new league in a market where competitive pinball was an absolutely foreign concept a year ago. Everyone is moving up the learning curve and my view has been to allow some leniency of the rules so as to not to chase the new and more casual players away. Honestly, after giving preplays a try this season, I prefer the simplicity of a 'drop the lowest meet' system and will most likely push to go back to that next time.

Pinhead306 Awesome local pinheads Johnny and Zane own the games at the Arenas. As those of us in the group who each have a game at the Trap and Gill know, maintaining a location pin as a side gig can be quite the task... let alone 10 like those guys have! Location pinball in Calgary is only alive and kicking thanks to the hobbiest community. Hope to see you out next Wed for our drop in night!

Clark

#130 7 years ago

Please congratulate the 16 competitors that will be competing to find out who is the 2017 Alberta Provincial Pinball Champion. See you all at Lucky's Lounge in Edmonton for the finals they start at 12:00pm on Feb 11, 2017, feel free to come out if you are looking to watch the best players in the province play.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Please congratulate the 16 competitors that will be competing to find out who is the 2017 Alberta Provincial Pinball Champion. See you all at Lucky's Lounge in Edmonton for the finals they start at 12:00pm on Feb 11, 2017, feel free to come out if you are looking to watch the best players in the province play.

pfftt.........I'm not there and I'm better than Dan, lol j/k. well kind of.

#132 7 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

pfftt.........I'm not there and I'm better than Dan, lol j/k. well kind of.

Next year Tony
Congrats to all that made the top 16

1 week later
#133 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

no. Pinmap.com is up to date for Calgary

3 weeks later
#134 7 years ago

Tonight is a free play night correct?

#135 7 years ago

Yep! Come on down for 6pm+, $10 gets you pinball all night.

#136 7 years ago

You keep pinhead306 off Metallica if you don't mind ken..I'm still trying to get his high score off my pin! Thanks

11 months later
#137 6 years ago

Thank you, Ken looks like we have something to look forward to this week. Awesome.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/45#post-4230116

#138 6 years ago

No kidding, I'm gonna have to drive down south and give it a whirl! . Really wish we had one here in Edmonton!

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Thank you, Ken looks like we have something to look forward to this week. Awesome.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canadian-pinballers-thread-chat-here/page/45#post-4230116

Don’t thank me yet... wait until TNA takes a few rounds out of you!

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Don’t thank me yet... wait until TNA takes a few rounds out of you!

Can't be worse than GB pro. I think I'll be alright.

Please leave me the keys so I can remove the tilt.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Can't be worse than GB pro. I think I'll be alright.
Please leave me the keys so I can remove the tilt.

At least TNA let's you earn back tilt warnings via the Mystery shot.

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

At least TNA let's you earn back tilt warnings via the Mystery shot.

So if I play with TNA enough I can rock it later?

#143 6 years ago

I love the change up of pins but it would be nice to have 1 set of pins for a complete season and change them up in between seasons. May be tough but it would add some consistency that you begin and finish on the same pins.

#144 6 years ago

I can tell you from experience you are probably in the minority on that one. In the DHPL we have two locations setup and both of them have different pins in them, and each location mixed them up almost each time we are back. For the most part people like the opportunity to try out different machines throughout the season. Plus it is good for operators are people want to come in and practice on them as well for league. It is a win, win for everyone

Love what you guys are doing in Calgary!!!!

Quoted from TBatti:

I love the change up of pins but it would be nice to have 1 set of pins for a complete season and change them up in between seasons. May be tough but it would add some consistency that you begin and finish on the same pins.

#145 6 years ago

TNA is a fast game. Looking forward to learning it. Pinside map updated. https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/9618-atlantic-trap-amp-gill-calgary-ab

Week 4 of 5 in the books. I got you this week Ken

#146 6 years ago

looks like algrande is afraid of the competition

standings (resized).pngstandings (resized).png

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

looks like algrande is afraid of the competition

It's sledding season,won't see him if the powder is good
Why don't I see you in the A division Tony,lol.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

It's sledding season,won't see him if the powder is good
Why don't I see you in the A division Tony,lol.

I'm following your trend of playing B first, like season 2 pingod

#149 6 years ago

Sheesh Tony wins one (for a change) and out comes the trash-talkin' eh??

You should come down to the tournament night on Wed. Tony, we'll separate the "playa's" from the players... lol.

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Sheesh Tony wins one (for a change) and out comes the trash-talkin' eh??
You should come down to the tournament night on Wed. Tony, we'll separate the "playa's" from the players... lol.

Not sure there's really any trashing talking there? If I did you'd know, lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Cabinet parts
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 39.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes
Cabinet parts
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-there-any-calgary-tournies-or-leagues/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.