(Topic ID: 40386)

Are there and game similar to the shadow?

By dannunz

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Newsom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I have a good spread of games with some a titles mixed in. But I have been playing the shadow 2 to 1 the last 3 months. Are there any other games I should consider buying that are like the shadow game play wise.

#2 11 years ago

One of the things that makes Shadow a great addition is its unusual playfield design. I would have recommended TSPP but you already have one, so how about WH2O?

#3 11 years ago

JM is kinda like Shadow. Not as good IMO. But has the 2 fast ramps that bring that ball right back to you quickly.

#4 11 years ago

Loved the Shadow as well. Not too many games with no pop bumpers, which is what makes TS special. There is nothing like The Shadow.

#5 11 years ago

TS is pretty damn unique.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

TS is pretty damn unique.

It is indeed. It's kind of like Avengers in that respect. There really isn't any other game like it.

#7 11 years ago

Not that I have ever owned or played. Love that you don't even realize that it has no pop bumpers when you are playing it.

Dan

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Love that you don't even realize that it has no pop bumpers when you are playing it.

That is definitely part of it's charm!
Being able to switch ramp returns "on-the-fly", has got to be my favorite part of the game.
The four-way ramp combo is just pure bliss...

I was kinda hoping Borg's X-Men would've went with no bumpers and four-way stainless steel ramps.
Oh well...

#9 11 years ago

Yes the ramp deverters is my favorite as well. 6 way combo is the best I could do. It it true that the shadow loop can be shot over and over for multiple combos with in the combos if that makes sense?

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Loved The Shadow as well. Not too many games with no pop bumpers, which is what makes TS special. There is nothing like The Shadow.

Junkyard
Swords of Fury
Pharaoh
Big Guns
Judge Dredd
No Fear
Truck Stop
Fire
... I'm sure there are more. The pop bumber discussion pops up pretty often. (get it POPs up)

Now, for ugly Backglasses

Shadow
Hardboy
Raven
Shadow
World Poke Tour
. . .

#11 11 years ago

Dirty Harry reminds me of it slightly, but that's a stretch.

#12 11 years ago

I've been wanting to start an ugly backglass thread. IMO it would be hard to beat the Shaq game.

#13 11 years ago

There is no other pin like the Shadow. End of thread.

#15 11 years ago

Wonder how it would have played if Eddy was able to incorporate the pop-out mongol figures like he wanted to?

#16 11 years ago

No, the 7 way combo requires all seven shots.
I usually do the 7 way like this:

R orbit
orbit pass to right flipper
L ramp to the R
L ramp to the L
R ramp to the L
R ramp to the R
L orbit
shadow loop

Satisfying to pull off

Hard to find much fault with The Shadow. Truly an excellent game.

The Vengeance scoring is too lucrative (100M for Super Vengeance plus the points from the ramps). One could argue that the left ramp is dangerous to go for (I agree) but shooting 4 ramps is so much easier than getting a super jackpot. Or maybe completing vengeance should not reset the timer. I like this rule, it is fun to keep it going, but it makes it possible to score billions on any given vengeance.

And the 2 way combo should cap sooner than it does. I played a game on location where I had the 2-way value over 200M per combo. It made everything else in the game not worth going for.

But overall, such an enjoyable game.

Quoted from dannunz:

Yes the ramp deverters is my favorite as well. 6 way combo is the best I could do. It it true that The Shadow loop can be shot over and over for multiple combos with in the combos if that makes sense?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, ON
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-there-and-game-similar-to-the-shadow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.