(Topic ID: 34093)

Are the Playboy pins taboo at your house?

By johnkinkokomo

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

200_beckham-200x0.jpg
victoria-beckham.jpg

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I have seens some old posts and talked with a few people about the Playboy pins. I have two boys 18 and 20 and a wife, and no one here is bothered by our new purchase. We got the newer Stern recently.

I understand if you have youngsters in the home, but is your wife too uptight for one of these titles? Just curious I guess

#2 6 years ago

I've got the Bally Pin that I was concerned about over Thanksgiving, as some relatives are uber religious. Shouldn't have worried as everyone played it and I heard no concerns.

GS was asked at PPE what one pin he wishes he had a do over on. He said "Playboy" because it was the only Stern pin his daughter refused to play.

#4 6 years ago

The stern one has replaceable picture cards so you could insert bikini or even other images.

#5 6 years ago

Never had a Playboy, but my wife and daughters were offended by Dr.Dude's busty nurse on the backglass & the Breakshot DMD with the ice in the cleavage. Not a big deal to me because I knew that neither one would last in my collection anyway.

#6 6 years ago

No and at one point my hubby wanted me me to custom paint the PF.... A friend had the Stern version for awhile, and I thought he was silly for removing the risque cards from it...in his house...and he is a bachelor!!

Phoebe

#7 6 years ago

The other playmates that live in my mansion don't seem to mind.

#8 6 years ago

Yes, but only because of the crappy gameplay

#9 6 years ago

I wouldn't have it in the house if I had young daughters.

#10 6 years ago

Nope no uptightness here the Stern version in my gameroom was a gift to my now wife it's her favorite game.

#11 6 years ago

My wife likes naked women just a much as i do

#12 6 years ago

I could have the dirty stern version, but would have to cover it up when the youngsters came over.

#13 6 years ago

Nothing is taboo at my house. I have miss world (nudity galore) and half naked pirate wenches all over the house. And I have a 8 year old. Just depends on how conservative you are. Most of the world isn't as conservative as the US is, especially about T & A.

#14 6 years ago

Yes, wanted to buy the Stern one a few years ago and my wife didn't want it.
Only pin she ever said I couldn't buy it.. I've had the DE and Bally Playboys and she didn't complain about these. But now she let me buy a TZ and AFM so these are better than Sterns Playboy anyway

#15 6 years ago

If I had a wife that thought Playboy was "taboo" I would seriously find another wife. In all frankness, I cannot see my wife ever being so insecure that she'd "forbid" (I hate that term) me from having a pinball machine with any particular theme on it. Women who may have problems with this kind of thing almost always have control issues. Kudos to the men who've chosen someone who'll support them. Pity & shame on the others~
Doc

#16 6 years ago

Wasn't one Playboy pin enough?

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Doc:

Women who may have problems with this kind of thing almost always have control issues.

as well as self worth issues. Hot women always have meglo brain issues.

#18 6 years ago

Playboy [Bally] is ok in my home.
I put a Dolly Parton in an antique sale not to long ago for twice what it was worth.Had it sold several times but the wives shot them down because of Dolly's breast on the backglass.

#19 6 years ago

Someone so easily offended and conservative would not last a night in my house. I have kids of all ages in and out of my house. None of them get sheltered, babied or pampered. I stuff them full of common sense and a sense of right and wrong. This way when they get out into the real world they are not shocked, offended or get there feelings hurt. As for the wife, she puts most of those girls to shame so they wouldn't even cross her mind.

#20 6 years ago

My wife says that it doesn't bother her as long as it puts me in the mood!

#21 6 years ago

I have a 10 and an 11 year old..... Not gonna happen

#22 6 years ago

I had a Stern Playboy and enjoyed it while I had it. I am the bachelor that was mentioned above. When I picked the game up, it had the total nude cards in it, but I switched them over to the conservative set. I don't have kids around, but didn't want to have to hide something if some of my friends dropped by with their kids.

With the conservative cards in and the little bit of nudity it does have on the DMD turned off....the game is actually pretty tame. Not nearly as racy, suggestive or naughty as Scared Stiff.

#23 6 years ago

There are three pins that I will not own due to having children in the house - Playboy, Family Guy and Tommy due to the drug references. Some people will refuse to have Gorgar because of the devil backglass.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

My wife likes naked women just a much as i do

In the same boat here...

We are both lucky boys...

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from justdavid:

There are three pins that I will not own due to having children in the house - Playboy, Family Guy and Tommy due to the drug references. Some people will refuse to have Gorgar because of the devil backglass.

I have Devils Dare..

DD makes Gorgar look like a peacefull day at bible study...

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from justdavid:

Tommy due to the drug references.

Never mind the mode for child molestation. Just the drugs.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

ROFLMAO !

#28 6 years ago

My wife would not care at all if I got a Playboy pinball. She is cool like that. We both know that there are people out there that we find attractive. If she wanted an machine that had Ashton Kutcher on it, it would not bother me one bit. I do have a teenage boy and a toddler in the house so I do have to take that into consideration. I have made the choice that I would not get a Playboy due to the nature of the game. Its not that I am not into the theme, because I can not think of anything else that can top a really beautiful woman, but I also think of how it would look if I did get one, and other people might think that it was offensive to my wife. I do not need one that badly. There are plenty of other games out there that I want anyways. As for the wife, if I did want one she would be behind me 100 %. If she was opposed to it, I would probably buy one out of spite. And tell her not to play anything that had a guy on it that was better looking than me, which equates to roughly all of the male population on this planet. : )

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Most of the world isn't as conservative as the US is, especially about T & A.

Very true - but it seems it's OK to carry guns and shoot people according to some

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

As for the wife, if I did want one she would be behind me 100 %. If she was opposed to it, I would probably buy one out of spite. And tell her not to play anything that had a guy on it that was better looking than me, which equates to roughly all of the male population on this planet. : )

thats funny

#31 6 years ago

Naw... cant
I have two pre-teen boys here. Would be too damn much " nudging" going on. Pass~SpOoKs

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from SpOoKyRiDeS:

Naw... cant
I have two pre-teen boys here. Would be too damn much " nudging" going on. Pass~SpOoKs

you'd have to plastic down in front of the game...yuck ! LOL

#33 6 years ago

ain't the girls I got a problem with - it's the 80 year old grampa around them all!

#34 6 years ago

The old joke about Bally machines is that every one of them, with the exception of Space Invaders, featured the female chest in its artwork.

#35 6 years ago

I've never really heard a complaint through all the years in my business.

Until a few months ago. I had a Father with his teenage ( 15-16ish ) was not happy with Big Bang Bar going while they shot pool.

I pointed out that that machine makes more than pool in my business and how did he think this was going to go down ?

LTG : )

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from the_pin_family:

Someone so easily offended and conservative would not last a night in my house. I have kids of all ages in and out of my house. None of them get sheltered, babied or pampered. I stuff them full of common sense and a sense of right and wrong. This way when they get out into the real world they are not shocked, offended or get there feelings hurt. As for the wife, she puts most of those girls to shame so they wouldn't even cross her mind.

For me, I never really got the NO you can't go to the strip bar...or have a pin that has suggestive theme...if I was that insecure and worried about it I think I would have bigger issues to deal with than worrying about a pin with suggestive pics of girls on it!! Besides...It works out better for me!! cause I know he's comin' home to me after said night at the strip bar...or after he's been playin' the "suggestive" pin...so to me it is a win win!! We both get what we want!!

Phoebe

#37 6 years ago

would go over like a ton of bricks, luckily i'm not crazy about any of the playboy machines.

#38 6 years ago

Playboy magazine is so tame compared to what is out there nowadays (I saw a Penthouse a few years ago and EVERY chick was taking a piss it at least one of the pictures), that I think only some old, bitter broad is going to be threatened by it.

Even the Lingerie catalogs that come in the mail at my girlfriends dorm are racier than Quaker Playboy.

#39 6 years ago

The Stern gameplay is fun. Not hard, but fun-cheesy with good flow. We have had them in our collection in the past and missed it so I just added one back in the collection. It get lots of love even with all the "A" titles in the same lineup. My wife has no problem with it at all. She plays it often as well.

#40 6 years ago

My house, my rules. That said, I have two young boys and wont be getting one any time soon.

#41 6 years ago

[Quote]

AkumaZeto said:

ROFLMAO !

[/quote]

Buahaha

because a few playfield inserts says Acid queen you are worried about the drug refrences? What about fiddle about. MUST... HOLD... BACK... RELIGOUS... JOKES...

There is a guy doing a pinball machine on SBM back glass. There is balls on the time warp backglass too.

#43 6 years ago

No problem with my Bally Playboy. MsBally never had a problem with the magazine either. Just had to make sure they were not easily noticed by the kids when they came along. One ex GF mentioned that I would not be "allowed" to subscribe to Playboy if we were to marry. What a nutjob she was. Once I heard that (this was at least ten months after we were "dating") I knew I would dump her. All other GF's were cool with it.

These days with the Internet, Cable, ABC etc it's all a non-issue IMJO (In My Jaded Opinion).

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

One ex GF mentioned that I would not be "allowed" to subscribe to Playboy if we were to marry.

She was letting you down easy that she did not want to get married.

#45 6 years ago

No problem in my household.. I don't have any of them, but the only pin my wife has ever objected to was FH.. and I've had 2 of those

#46 6 years ago

They would be no problem in my house.C'mon,pinball without pretty girls.The only pin my wife ever objected to was also Fun House,Rudy was just to creepy for her.

#47 6 years ago

Its funny, my wife said she would rather not have a playboy pin in the house mostly due to name. She's worried later on our kids friends would go home and tell their parents. On the other hand I could bring home any Elvira pin, centaur, dr dude etc.. Are all fine, its all in the name. And she's no prude, I had a subscription to playboy for a while, I only cancelled it cause I never read it. No loss anyway as there are better games out there anyway.

#48 6 years ago

I wouldn't have either in my home. I don't really think they're fun games either, so no loss.

#49 6 years ago

Drug references...LOL. Yes, lets have our kids pretend drugs don't exist. That will make them disappear, or make them unappealing to the kids, because they know nothing about them. I can see it now. "Hey Timmy, want to try some shrooms?" ......"sorry, my parents never told me anything about those, so they must be bad" "lets make gingerbread houses instead! That would be swell".

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

"sorry, my parents never told me anything about those, so they must be bad" "lets make gingerbread houses instead! That would be swell".

Lol few mic's of lsd in there

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside