Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Vespula
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191224_155856 (resized).jpg
    7DB89379-AD44-4745-975D-6A8223935F81 (resized).jpeg
    60A1B927-7CFF-4975-AB6B-EB7F033A0A37 (resized).jpeg
    B2238484-D43F-4605-8B9F-2E2630D92147 (resized).jpeg
    4B1A8959-75A7-4517-9990-04026762BD87 (resized).jpeg
    C4949135-00E9-41E7-9896-924EEACB10E7 (resized).jpeg
    20210613_224336.jpg
    20210613_210802 (resized).jpg
    8258971B-6FD7-41AF-81B3-8DA3C592B1A2 (resized).jpeg
    199496236_1146082059229818_102011415261453704_n (resized).png
    710FC469-261D-4718-AAB9-EF13D40B654C (resized).jpeg
    Wheres-Izzy (resized).jpg
    B0CC0C97-DD2B-459E-87E3-A5E872318075 (resized).jpeg
    71BCE16D-0EA6-4382-8535-952C1012DFBE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #45 Signatures from a CE. Posted by Charger68 (2 years ago)

Post #54 Example of signatures on a CE. Posted by Pdxmonkey (2 years ago)

Post #58 Examples of signatures known to be from the band. Posted by Slash (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

So I was looking @ the signatures of the GNR CE pinball and it could be me but when I look on pictures of other signatures they made . It came to my attention that only the slash signature seems legit... he also was more involved .

the other 2 are off and also are set with the same marker. It could be me and I don’t want to stir shit up but I have a feeling that the duff and axl sigs are put on there by someone else.

Anybody got a clearer mind to this?

Here is a picture of mine

Thx

71BCE16D-0EA6-4382-8535-952C1012DFBE (resized).jpeg71BCE16D-0EA6-4382-8535-952C1012DFBE (resized).jpeg

B0CC0C97-DD2B-459E-87E3-A5E872318075 (resized).jpegB0CC0C97-DD2B-459E-87E3-A5E872318075 (resized).jpeg

#2 2 years ago

Following.

#3 2 years ago

You think axl rose sat there and signed 500 times for a pinball machine?

Edit: Downvoted huh? Can’t handle the truth?

#4 2 years ago

Yeah I hope so yes .. why would you sell a collectible signed by the artists? Or buy any signed collectible in the world with a signature.
    You prob don’t own a CE stating by your reply ....

#5 2 years ago

When searching Duff's autograph there's a lot of them and many looks like the one on the game. The same thing with Axl, especialy with that distinctive L.

#6 2 years ago

Get a few other CE owners to post pics and compare.

#7 2 years ago

Yeah I’ve been looking for that but sorry can’t find a good match and also axl signs with more then just AXL. But i could be wrong here. Im no autograph expert don’t burn me haha But just looked odd or it’s just my sig card

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Get a few other CE owners to post pics and compare.

That’s a good one . So if someone can post more of there CE sigs that would be helpful

#9 2 years ago

Of course they are legit...... it's best not to question these things.

#10 2 years ago

Hahaha yeah let’s put our heads in the sand...

#11 2 years ago

I've not been paid a lot in life to authenticate autographs But I feel quite comfortable saying they at least are made by different people. The lines are curved / slanted in really different ways.

#13 2 years ago

Fat Axl

Doesn’t he hate the rest of the band? Slash is the only one I’d care about anyway. He’s the man

#14 2 years ago
    Wheres-Izzy (resized).jpgWheres-Izzy (resized).jpg
    #15 2 years ago

Mine is still in the box, but I didn’t expect them to be real, regardless of what was stated in the promo material.

#16 2 years ago

I like where this is going, but it is irrelevant since the manufacturer basically makes it certified. They can’t sell it with that in the description and not be accurate.
    These guys were wasted 99% of the time they signed anything in last four decades, so signatures are wide spectrum.
    Duff’s looks real- generic, easy to fake - but real.
    Axl is curious. The down stroke on the A is an unusual characteristic consistent with his signature. But I haven’t seen any previous signatures with that L.
    Does autopen use wide tip pens?

#17 2 years ago

Well the statement is...

710FC469-261D-4718-AAB9-EF13D40B654C (resized).jpeg710FC469-261D-4718-AAB9-EF13D40B654C (resized).jpeg
    #18 2 years ago

They are real and they're spectacular!

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from AMSNL:

Anybody got a clearer mind to this?

Look at the signatures. How the ink lines flow across another line. That's real, not a printed copy.

Then compare to their real signatures elsewhere.

So I'd go with they are real signatures.

LTG : )

#20 2 years ago

Autopen,wasted etc makes no diff. If a collector buy s let’s say movie stuff that has a certificate that it’s saying signed by bla bla . Then you should know it’s good .

Or else my sister could have signed it and sell it for 2 times what it’s worth unsigned. It’s called scam/lemon If you buy something that’s is not what you are promised or not as what is stated. I could be wrong here but with All the JJP shit these days I can’t be surprised that even this is fake

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Look at the signatures. How the ink lines flow across another line. That's real, not a printed copy.
    Then compare to their real signatures elsewhere.
    So I'd go with they are real signatures.
    LTG : )

Offcourse you say they are real!! and yes they used a real marker but could be Betty from the trash or Henry from parts supply could be anyone

And yes if you check other sigs it does NOT match no matter how your so called flow goes

Can you send me a picture that they signed those cards @ jersey jack ? Normal if something this big goes out there is pictures from everything... Then I rest my case. Again I believe slash his sig is 100% legit as you see him everywhere in the jjp brand but not the rest. I only seen one vid where they have a walk

#22 2 years ago

Offcourse you say they are real!! Yes someone put those on there with a real marker.. maybe Betty from the parts department or Harry from the trash haha

And yes if you check other sigs it does NOT match no matter how your so called flow goes
    Can you send me a picture that they signed those cards @ jersey jack ? Normal if something this big goes out there is pictures from everything... Then I rest my case. Again I believe slash his sig is 100% legit as you see him everywhere in the jjp brand but not the rest. I only seen one vid where they have a walk

#23 2 years ago

I don't know why some of you guys think it would be such a herculean task to get these guys to sign 500 copies of something. They've been doing this their whole lives. Probably get it done in a couple hours with extra time for cornflakes. And it's not like they are such huge stars that they'd refuse to lower themselves to this level. Virtually all celebs on their level do shit like this now.

I was at a metal festival in Belgium and Duff was there with his solo band...was signing in the artist meet and greet tent an hour after the show. That was probably a bigger pain in the ass than this.

#24 2 years ago

THAT^^

#25 2 years ago

I'd like to think they are real. However, they could have easily used an autopen, or had someone else sign on their behalf. It wouldn't surprised me if one of the band members asked an assistant, who can duplicate their signature very well, to sign for them. Unless there was a witness, photo, or video evidence, it would be hard to prove.

In sports memorabilia, this is a huge problem. In fact, one of the world's best forgers, Greg Marino, duped autograph experts all the time. He was that good. Below is the FBI overview of the case and ESPN made a 30 for 30 on it.

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/news/stories/2005/july/operation-bullpen-overview

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/21011515

#26 2 years ago

I’m grateful AMSNL pointed out this potential travesty. I’ll deduct 10¢ off the next offer I make on a CE.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I’m grateful AMSNL pointed out this potential travesty. I’ll deduct 10¢ off the next offer I make on a CE.

Hahaha Dick!

#28 2 years ago
    199496236_1146082059229818_102011415261453704_n (resized).png199496236_1146082059229818_102011415261453704_n (resized).png
    #29 2 years ago

The signatures are good, I have in person signings from all 3 and these are good! Just a shame Axl never gave his full signature but then he rarely does.

#30 2 years ago

Let’s compare signatures from two different games, are they slightly different?

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Probably get it done in a couple hours with extra time for cornflakes.

That sounds familiar...

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from BurnDizzyBurn:

The signatures are good, I have in person signings from all 3 and these are good! Just a shame Axl never gave his full signature but then he rarely does.

Pictures or it didn’t happen

#33 2 years ago

Honestly, who cares………

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Honestly, who cares………

Exactly. Smells like another hunt for conspiracy thread. Lol.

#35 2 years ago

Showing up on a podcast soon. Stay tuned.

#36 2 years ago

We need that dude from Pawn Stars to verify the signatures with his high tech magnifier !

Also I wish they were imprinted on a plaque like Wonka, not a card, where are u guys putting the card ? Just inside the machine for safe keeping or do you display it on the apron somewhere?

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Honestly, who cares………

Really? I personally don’t, but in case you didn’t realize, autographs are a thing...

https://www.raabcollection.com/learning/history-autograph-collecting

(I want you to read the whole article - I’ll be asking questions later.)

#38 2 years ago

Totally legit, I got pics of these guys signing all of them.

8258971B-6FD7-41AF-81B3-8DA3C592B1A2 (resized).jpeg8258971B-6FD7-41AF-81B3-8DA3C592B1A2 (resized).jpeg
    #39 2 years ago

With the price of the CE,
    Easy math.
    Pay Axl $500 per sig, 500 sig
    That’s $250k easy.
    Harris Ford charges $1200 a sig no matter how many you sign.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Really? I personally don’t, but in case you didn’t realize, autographs are a thing...
    https://www.raabcollection.com/learning/history-autograph-collecting
    (I want you to read the whole article - I’ll be asking questions later.)

Still don’t care. Like that made me care even less actually.
    We have our heads so stuck up first world problems we can’t even pull it out. Fucked up shit

#41 2 years ago

This reminds me of an estate sale I went to. There were a couple of records…signed by bands. One was a signed copy of Appetite for Destruction with all band members. Kiss Dressed to Kill and I think a Poison record. There were COA’s for all of them. I googled the company on the certs and it had a bad reputation for fakes so I passed. Could have had them all for under a grand but I am not spending money on fake signatures which these most likely were.

I would say the CE owners are good to “claim” the signatures are legit as it was how the game was sold and documented. Now if it were ever proven or disclosed by the band they never signed them or someone signed on their behalf well that is a different issue. Doubt the band would ever disclose that.

#42 2 years ago

Even if I had the money that I would imagine the guys have, if JJP came to me and said hey I will give you a free CE GNR pinball machine if you sign 500 of these (I am assuming they got CE’s) I would do it a heartbeat... sign 20 a night off and on over a few months and get a kick ass GNR pinball machine...
    “If you got the money, honey, we got your disease”

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Still don’t care. Like that made me care even less actually.
    We have our heads so stuck up first world problems we can’t even pull it out. Fucked up shit

I think the fact you own a pinball machine in the first place means your head is so far stuck up first world problems ass it’s there for life.

It’s all just varying degrees of shit we can give a shit about when we really have zero to give a shit about.

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Let’s compare signatures from two different games, are they slightly different?

Mine are all slightly different. When I was younger my signature was very nice and clear. As I got older it got a little sloppy but was still mine. Now it is just a scribble for the most part. My last job working for others required lots of signing stuff and I just got tired of signing all the time so it devolved over the years.

My scribbles are alike for the most part but you wouldn't be able to make out the proper spelling anymore.

#45 2 years ago

Looks legit to me

20210613_210802 (resized).jpg20210613_210802 (resized).jpg
    #46 2 years ago

However real they are, they're more real than what came with my LE.

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from Charger68:

Looks legit to me
    [quoted image]

I thought there was 5 members

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from Charger68:

Looks legit to me
    [quoted image]

Yes yours looks better . It’s just that MY axl sig looks off . But yes would be nice if they had some pictures made of the band signing it. It’s not about pinball only it’s Also about a collectible thing also. I collect movie stuff and Some signed shizzle Also

#49 2 years ago

Of the two shown, only Axl looks different. Maybe he was too drunk to sign and passed the Sharpie to someone else.

20210613_224336.jpg20210613_224336.jpg
    #50 2 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Of the two shown, only Axl looks different. Maybe he was too drunk to sign and passed the Sharpie to someone else.
    [quoted image]

Looks the same-ish maybe just a thicker sharpie.

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-the-jjp-gnr-ce-signatures-real and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.