(Topic ID: 290561)

Are The Hobbit drop targets obnoxiously loud?

By SCJoe

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by chas10e
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 months ago

The first time I played this game, I thought something was wrong with it due to the loud mechanical noise coming from under the playfield. It turned out that it was the drop targets resetting. Does anyone else feel that these drop targets are way louder than any other pinball game that they have played, and is there a way to quiet them down?

#2 8 months ago

You are going to get the same answer every time you post. The setting and resetting in one mode can be annoying.

LTG : )

#3 8 months ago

They are very loud, and I like it. Feels/sounds like an EM. But this is only during a specific skill shot or one other mode where they cycle up and down, otherwise they sound normal that I can remember.

#4 8 months ago

I play a The Hobbit on location and find it to be an enjoyable game even though you work up a sweat playing to see a low yield in points.

I will time-out a drop target mode especially when they start moving quickly. I probably should try to complete the mode or at least try ... there has to be some benefits.

There was one time I approached the machine where a previous player abandoned it leaving ball 3, the skill shot was the one where you are supposed to hit the Dwarf targets and was cycling through the 5 drops .... the question I had in my mind was how long were these cycling and does it cause any undue wear on the machine.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside