Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220416_075445 (resized).jpg
    pinballlegs (resized).jpg
    pinballlegs (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

My wife commented that the legs on my pinball were bending in and it might collapse.

From the photo below, do I have an issue with my front pinball legs?

Also, as someone who is quite physical when playing pinballs, am I likely to encounter issues witht he legs, including having the back legs right up against the wall?

pinballlegs (resized).jpgpinballlegs (resized).jpg

pinballlegs (resized).jpgpinballlegs (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago

Everything looks fine to me.

No way you'll ever bend those things btw.

Maybe check to make sure the leg bolts are tight, but imo everything looks the way it should.

#3 2 years ago

I can't tell if they have a little bend in then or not. I will tell you one thing though...ain't no way your pin is gonna collapse. The legs would have to fold themselves in half and that ain't happening.

#4 2 years ago

there's absolutely no way those legs will ever bend. but it certainly couldn't hurt to slide the feet an inch or two away from the wall. no need for them to butt up against the molding, like that.

#5 2 years ago

I don't see a bend.

However, legs do flair out slightly below the bolts--if that's what you're seeing, that's normal.

#6 2 years ago

Thank you everyone for your responses! Very much appreciated!

#7 2 years ago

I’ve had and have several pins with actually bent legs.
    No way they are going to collapse.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from acefreemok:

My wife commented that the legs on my pinball were bending in and it might collapse.

And her qualifications are...

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

And her qualifications are...

Pinball leg structural engineer?

#10 2 years ago

This was probably done by a warehouse worker when this game was put away 15 years ago before i got it.

Gumby will be totally flat if it gives out before i replace it.

20220416_075445 (resized).jpg20220416_075445 (resized).jpg
    #11 2 years ago

Sure she isn't looking from the front view?

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from acefreemok:

My wife commented the legs on my pinball were bending in and it might collapse.

Is your wife featured on 1,000-lb Sisters and does she sit on top of the game?
    If you answer "no" then you should have no problem with your game's legs.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

This was probably done by a warehouse worker when this game was put away 15 years ago before i got it.

Picking it up from the rear with a two wheeler can do this.

Looking like that on the front of the machine would be from people kicking it.

LTG : )

#14 2 years ago

Cabinets don’t sit square with with the floor. The front is tilted slightly forward, so the legs could appear to tilt inward on that same angle. Usually offset by the flare, though.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-the-front-legs-on-my-pin-an-issue?hl=vipertim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.