9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by phishrace
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I keep seeing posts that say a game has less than 150 plays, but I thought audits are resettable with a factory reset or a code update. Is this not the case?

Seems to not mean anything if you can just reset them. I also don't get how people only put 150 plays on a game that's a few years old. Seems fishy to me.

#2 9 years ago

They are resettable.

Fishy or not it always comes down to condition.

Some people get pool table in their homes and then don't play them. Same with anything else. At home isn't always as fun as out and about.

And some people may not be totally honest.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

I care about condition. I just think it's funny that people use a non standard number such as a resettable audit to sell a machine. It just doesn't mean a thing. I always see the # of plays listed and I always scratch my head.

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I just think it's funny that people use a non standard number such as a resettable audit to sell a machine.

Everything is like that with selling buzz words. Home use only means literally nothing

#5 9 years ago

I agree, especially when software is updated multiple times with some titles.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I care about condition. I just think it's funny that people use a non standard number such as a resettable audit to sell a machine. It just doesn't mean a thing. I always see the # of plays listed and I always scratch my head.

I agree. Someone will buy a NIB pinball, spend $250 or so on LEDs and mods then list it for sale "with only 175 plays". I will say that I bought a NIB pin once and within a month realized I had made a mistake and just wanted to get rid of it. Take the loss and move on. But even then I had several hundred plays.

#7 9 years ago

Newer Stern's, I think starting with AC/DC, have a lifetime earnings audit that doesn't get reset with a software update. Lifetime plays may be in there too. What I'm not sure of is whether those audits reset when the batteries are pulled. If so, at least it's a little harder to completely reset audits now.

I've bought more than a couple of older Stern's that were on original code that never had their audits reset. Not everyone updates and even fewer know how to reset audits. Condition is always king, but if the game has the same software the game shipped with (check the readme file if you're not sure) and the condition matches the audits, the audits are probably accurate.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-the-audits-on-a-stern-resetable and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.