Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 145 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by UFO
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4 (resized).png
    web98 (resized).jpg
    Why was that, do you think (resized).jpg
    1ca9b03c4ab28c0a6560696026a220a5--inca-mexico-city (resized).jpg
    IMG_3419 (resized).JPG
    il_340x270.876257742_1lu5 (resized).jpg
    leonard2 (resized).png
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    alien jerky (resized).JPG
    IMG_2531 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2389 (resized).JPG
    mind blown.gif
    alien guy 2 (resized).jpg
    alien guy (resized).jpg
    IMG_0400 (resized).JPG
    There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

This is my question. I used it once without meaning to. It was the lack of filter I now live with.

So are the aliens real?

When I was a kid I believed big time a ufo would land in front of me. Or something.

I was up north in. Michigan on vacation in 1987 and read communion that crazy ass book about aliens. Scared me senseless.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communion_(book)

I believe in aliens but the rest I just don't know. They are so far away.

Why would they come here.

We are so unique a species ourselves, perhaps we are of interest.

#2 6 years ago

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3 6 years ago

Oh and I meant to say. I wanted to visit the stars too. Until 1979 and alien.

#4 6 years ago

#5 6 years ago

Yes they are real. Not sure if they mean harm or just observing or what. And humans aren't that unique. They are probably observing why we are such disgusting creatures. All fat, smoking, lazy.. probably like "what a waste of space. "

#7 6 years ago

How easy it is to check out things like now, with the Internet.

#8 6 years ago

Sorry, I don't believe anything that's not accompanied by a youtube link.

#9 6 years ago

It would be funny if we caught our first alien and it was here for burning man or something.

We question it.

I'm here for the burning man festival.

Hours later of torture.

Still here for the burning man but starting to wish I never came to earth.

#10 6 years ago

If they are coming here we won't know it, I never believed an advanced species capable of traversing the cosmo's, would also make themselves public, why? they are going to come for either good or bad and we will all know it or its not worth it at all and until we begin deep space exploration (if we last that long) there will be no contact, everything else thus far has been human stories and like religion not one piece of tangible proof. My thought is if an advanced alien species is watching us they are either laughing or getting ready to wipe us out before we spread, wars based on fairy tales, people starving while others have way too much, polluting our environment to make more money than you need, the list is long. Until I see it with my own eyes and its a public phenomenon I don't really care and if the Government knows something that they don't want anyone to know then you know what? you will never know.

#11 6 years ago

Coincidentally I just rewatched a classic movie from the 80s called They Live. This movie explains everything you need to know on this topic. And on top of that, this movie is a hundred times more entertaining than the CGI-laden drivel we get nowadays.

bubblegum (resized).jpgbubblegum (resized).jpg

#12 6 years ago

The whole Roswell thing was solved years ago. The government finally declassified the information about what happened there. They were putting weather balloons in the jet-stream to spy on the Russians. At the time the balloon crashed, they couldn't admit it because if the news went public the Russians would know about the spying operation. It's all public knowledge now, but nobody cares. Because: aliens.

#13 6 years ago

Its a classic

#14 6 years ago

They live is a classic. I have it on pal DVD, before it was available here, I had to have it.

Saw it in the theater, too.

#15 6 years ago

Proof (resized).jpgProof (resized).jpg

Proof!
    faz

#17 6 years ago

#18 6 years ago

#19 6 years ago

There is a pretty interesting theory I read a while back, I have to find a link. It's a mathematical equation that basically says with the amount of planets that are revolving around all the stars in our galaxy that meet a distance and temperature threshold similar to ours and if just 1% of those had life, there would be a minimum of 40,000 planets with life in our galaxy. Interesting stuff.

#20 6 years ago

That's true, its also plausible that we are living in a computer simulation right now, or that most intelligent civilizations wipe themselves out before getting too far anyway, I hope they are out there, I sure would like to meet this guy.

Beldar (resized).pngBeldar (resized).png

#21 6 years ago

burning man, huh? is it possible that somebody slipped something in your large coke while attending the 40th anniversary re-release of close encounters?

#22 6 years ago

They've been studying heighway pinball for some time.

#23 6 years ago

No aliens.

But I do want to check out Burning Man once before I die!

E

#24 6 years ago

Or maybe it's like Battlestar Galactica. Just us humans creating and destroying through all epochs of time . Destined to constantly build our civilizations to greatness and eventually be destroyed by the technology we create. Being doomed to repeat the process throughout time, space, and eternity.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

...I sure would like to meet this guy.

Ever been to France?

#27 6 years ago

Ancient alien theorist suggest that.....

#28 6 years ago

It's safe to assume that for every grain of sand on this earth, there is a planet capable of supporting life in this universe which is presumed to be infinite. So yes to alien life.

However, I don't believe that if they have the incredible technology to make it all the way here safely, the best they can do when arriving is just to zip around in the sky and crash in the desert.

#29 6 years ago

I've heard there were a couple shipped, and one or two even made it on location!! Of course the head mech will need replacing..

#30 6 years ago

#31 6 years ago

they are real, but they're not interested in us....

#32 6 years ago

IMG_8154 (resized).pngIMG_8154 (resized).png

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

It's safe to assume that for every grain of sand on this earth, there is a planet capable of supporting life in this universe which is presumed to be infinite. So yes to alien life.
    However, I don't believe that if they have the incredible technology to make it all the way here safely, the best they can do when arriving is just to zip around in the sky and crash in the desert.

I pretty much agree with this. Given what science has already proven, it seems far more likely then not that there has to be some form of life out there. It's really amazing to think about how little we've actually "explored". We've explored one septillion of the observable universe (24 zeros). Hopefully we can survive as a species long enough to increase that percentage.

#34 6 years ago

Yeah they're real I've played the one at Alt Brew.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

The whole Roswell thing was solved years ago. The government finally declassified the information about what happened there. They were putting weather balloons in the jet-stream to spy on the Russians. At the time the balloon crashed, they couldn't admit it because if the news went public the Russians would know about the spying operation. It's all public knowledge now, but nobody cares. Because: aliens.

Not saying anything one way or the other but that's not correct. Yes they said it, no it doesn't make any sense.

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

So are the aliens real?

Most likely. The odds that we are alone in the universe is low. The problem arises with governments, do they let everyone else in the world know. If aliens landed on Earth like on the White House lawn would the worlds economy crash? Would it effect any current hostilities? An example is Ronald Regan stating at the U.N. (to paraphrase) "If outside the world forces arrived at, or confronted Earth, surely all nations should act together as one" He didn't state "Aliens".

American Officials never deny, or admit, to Aliens in the USA. A Russian Official says that there is a book with info on all Aliens in Russia. A Canadian Official has stated there are aliens here in North America.

Some people say that there are alien space stations on the dark side of the moon. NASA was told by them not to return there after the last Apollo Missions in the early 1970's.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Some people say that there are alien space stations on the dark side of the moon. NASA was told by them not to return there after the last Apollo Missions in the early 1970's.

Is that why they airbrushed photos of the moon

#38 6 years ago

From my understanding our ancestors were aliens and Earth was the designated dump and landfill that they left us here to mind.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Most likely. The odds that we are alone in the universe is low. The problem arises with governments, do they let everyone else in the world know. If aliens landed on Earth like on the White House lawn would the worlds economy crash? Would it effect any current hostilities? An example is Ronald Regan stating at the U.N. (to paraphrase) "If outside the world forces arrived at, or confronted Earth, surely all nations should act together as one" He didn't state "Aliens".
    American Officials never deny, or admit, to Aliens in the USA. A Russian Official says that there is a book with info on all Aliens in Russia. A Canadian Official has stated there are aliens here in North America.

please. the US government can't cover up a blowjob, let alone aliens visiting Earth.

the governments you mention are made up of lots and lots and lots of people, not all of them smart. some of them are crackpots. some of them believe in all kinds of silly things. many of them are incompetent. if proof existed ... we would know about it. trust me, i work with these people every day. they are no monolith.

Aliens telling us to GTFO is not the reason NASA never returned to the moon. It was simple politics (the only reason we went there in the first place). The panic that Sputnik inspired had faded, the cold war was cooling off with the SALT talks, the public was quite frankly bored with NASA and the moon, and real-world budgetary realities made the Apollo missions seem like a pointless vanity project -- one we couldn't afford in the midst of Vietnam, the Oil crisis, and runaway inflation. I know it's not as exciting as "ALIENS DID IT!", but it's the banal truth.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

From my understanding our ancestors were aliens and Earth was the designated dump and landfill that they left us here to mind.

the New Jersey of the Cosmos, huh?

#41 6 years ago

Milky way galaxy alone has approx 100 BILLION planets...the observable Universe has approx 100 Billion GALAXIES...to think there is nothing out there but us is lunacy.

Those same numbers show how horribly unlikely it is that any "Alien" would happen across our little blue marble.

So, yes, Aliens are real, and no, they have not come here.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

the New Jersey of the Cosmos, huh?

Yeah, and when our forefathers found a more economical way to deal with their trash closer to home, they just left us here to create our own.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Milky way galaxy alone has approx 100 BILLION planets...the observable Universe has approx 100 Billion GALAXIES...to think there is nothing out there but us is lunacy.
    Those same numbers show how horribly unlikely it is that any "Alien" would happen across our little blue marble.
    So, yes, Aliens are real, and no, they have not come here.

people talk a lot about the unimaginably vast distances involved, and how that reduces the probability of interaction with alien species to near-zero, but the other factor that is just as insurmountable is *time*. the universe is 14 billion years old. human civilization, even including its most primitive forms, have been around for 0.000000035 percent of that time.

so if the universe were a human being, we would would have existed for less than a second of its lifespan. how many seconds of the universe's life will we last? who knows. we have no way of knowing how long intelligent civilizations last. But even if they last hundreds of thousands of years, that still puts the odds of one intelligent species' existence overlapping time-wise with another's at near zero, and that's even before you begin considering physical distance -- just temporal distance.

even if life is relatively common given certain conditions (and i think it is), the chances of anyone even having the opportunity to notice us are nearly nil.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

This is my question. I used it once without meaning to. It was the lack of filter I now live with.
    So are the aliens real?
    When I was a kid I believed big time a ufo would land in front of me. Or something.
    I was up north in. Michigan on vacation in 1987 and read communion that crazy ass book about aliens. Scared me senseless.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communion_(book)
    I believe in aliens but the rest I just don't know. They are so far away.
    Why would they come here.
    We are so unique a species ourselves, perhaps we are of interest.

The truth is out there!

#45 6 years ago

As a man of science, I am very confident that there is other intelligent life in the Universe, as nearly infinitely massive as it is. The Drake equation places a VERY high probability that extra terrestrial life exists, however there is relatively little to no evidence to support it. This is called Fermi's Paradox.

One of the solution to Fermi's paradox is that once a civilization becomes advanced enough to explore interstellar space, they somehow destroy themselves via war, famine, overpopulation which leads to collapse, etc. While completely probable, I believe that it's more likely that advanced civilizations are simply too far away in space and/or time to adequately communicate with each other. Remember: Traveling into space isn't just a measure of distance, it's also a measure of time. If we were to travel into the far outer reaches of the universe, and look inward, we'd be seeing the universe as it stands at a very young age. Conversely, as we look to the outer reaches of the universe, we see very very old objects that were formed in the early stages after the big bang.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

people talk a lot about the unimaginably vast distances involved, and how that reduces the probability of interaction with alien species to near-zero, but the other factor that is just as insurmountable is *time*.

100%.
    Space Travel is a serious barrier. If Aliens can "Time Travel" or fly faster than the speed of light, Why would they come here? Water, Gold, or Titanium? Or just to observe a new species, on an isolated planet? We would become their pets.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

100%.
    Space Travel is a serious barrier. If Aliens can "Time Travel" or fly faster than the speed of light, Why would they come here? Water, Gold, or Titanium? Or just to observe a new species, on an isolated planet? We would become their pets.

i don't think there's any element or compound unique to Earth that you couldn't find just as easily on a thousand thousand uninhabited planets (including water). the only thing we have that could possibly set us apart as unique is the life that lives here.

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

i don't think there's any element or compound unique to Earth that you couldn't find just as easily on a thousand thousand uninhabited planets

full grown men that argue about pinball machines has to be unique to Earth

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

full grown men that argue about pinball machines has to be unique to Earth

The argument could be made that some of the Pinsiders I've met in person were aliens.

#50 6 years ago

Either they are real or our ancestors had one heck of an imagination.

b03faa6dc93925da6e6c0e946f9f3e7f--ancient-mysteries-ancient-artifacts (resized).jpgb03faa6dc93925da6e6c0e946f9f3e7f--ancient-mysteries-ancient-artifacts (resized).jpg

There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-the-aliens-real and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.