(Topic ID: 176741)

Are Stiga table Hockey games Good or just a toy?

By Mercury

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by beelzeboob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic poll

“Stiga hockey tables are Good or a toy?”

• They are good . 4 votes
    44%
  • Just a toy... 5 votes
    56%

(9 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

topcor (resized).jpg
IMG_1375 (resized).JPG
stanleycup1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 7 years ago

I've had both. Super Chexx is an awesome game to have, and about as solid as a tank. I sold mine only because nobody would play it with me and pinball was much more attractive.

Stiga is great...just be prepared to accept that it's a disposable commodity; the metal rods will eventually chew through the plastic after prolonged use, and you'll have to get another. I went through three of those things in my prime.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Mercury:

Thanks for the replies and advice...I am now thinking Stiga can't be a toy because they are played
at tournaments around the world...I think beetzeboob nailed it..It's a durability issue with the Stiga versus
the tank quality of the Chexx..Of course your also paying thousands more for the Chexx too..I wonder
about the gameplay of the Chexx versus the Stiga..Seems Stiga controls the puck better and the Chexx has less
intricate passing etc...I may be wrong on this...What about an old Coleco table?

It's all the same principle, just on a smaller scale. You control the players with your entire hand on a chexx and use 2 or 3 fingers on a stiga. You can still do all the same passes and moves. And video games are played at tournaments as well...it's still a toy. They're all toys...some are just more expensive than others.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-stiga-table-hockey-games-good-or-just-a-toy?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.