Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 days ago by dnaman
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG20170527164316 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3934 (resized).JPG
    board-front (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from krankin:

I'll post some pictures when I get home this evening. My busted one does not look like the picture above.

Yeah yours is the slightly bigger one with dip switches? That's what failed on my GB.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

If any one of the node boards fail the communications test you have a 250# paperweight.

And sadly they aren't nearly as heavy as the older boards.

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

- at least you'd expect a nib pin to be more reliable than something 10 years or older.

Well no, I wouldn't actually; that's always been the issue

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

Some of you may complain about the node boards, but they are easily swapable for non-techie people.

One of the basic principles of pinside is to eliminate "non-techie people" and turn them into competent techs that can fix their own machines. Now we're basically being forced to shotgun boards; that's lame ass.

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

Are Stern node boards specific to a particular game or are the same set of boards spread across spike games? Just worried a 'node 8' for GoT is only for GoT and that when they are gone they are gone!

They aren't supposed to be but I think there are diff'rent version or revisions of them? I know when talking to Stern when my GB node 8 died they told me my GOT node 8 wouldn't swap.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-sterns-node-boards-repairable?tu=TheLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.