Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 166 posts
  • 97 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Are Stern Pros underpriced?”

• Absolutely. The fake knocker sound is gold, Jerry, gold. 21 votes
      8%
    • Nope, Stern should be paying me to take a few. 223 votes
      86%
    • Trick question - Stern Pros are priceless. 16 votes
      6%

(260 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).png
    umadbro.gif
    how-about-no-20142935 (resized).png
    I+think+your+sarcasm+detector+is+broken+_0cc314f18897b5ea86ad9062efb8ac9e (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    wayne.gif
    bart.gif
    F67A257A-50A8-4FB7-8626-1E3A944700F9 (resized).png
    7CDD02A3-AD6C-43FD-8CF2-AC05F41786AE (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drfrightner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#109 4 years ago

I hope this is a joke. Look at Black Knight there is almost nothing on the play field almost nothing. Are you seriously telling me that game is even worth $5700 bucks? How in the hell did Stern make money then making games like Simpsons pinball party, where the play field has tons of toys, upper play fields and more and that game new was like 4000 not that long ago.

JJP showed Stern you charge more so they changed their business model... so now when you look back at the one and the only version of Simpsons, that game today would be the LE, so in the new stern world you’d remove everything but the bumpers (LOL) for more than Simpsons cost when it was new.

I personally think Stern is ripping people off big league... look at Beatles what is on that play field and they asked up to 25k for it... seriously????

How could you make a profit off of Simpsons which today is better than any Stern LE ??? This comment is a joke. Bottom line is Pinball don’t make a lot fo money and require a lot to keep them running.

The coin industry has moved away from pinball, its a redemption world now. If you raise the price of your games then give us something like what JJP does otherwise lower the price.

#110 4 years ago

Btw i build amusement attractions and i know for a flat out fact that pinball games are CHEAPER to make TODAY than 10 years ago. Today you have CNC machines that just get programmed and they do all the work. Controls for these games are bought right off the shelf, they’re cheap, and very affordable.

You can do more today for 1/10th the price than you ever could before. For example when Universal made Spider-man ride, they spent 150 million dollars. Today they could probably produce that ride for half that price because tech is better than ever and cheaper.

NO WAY stern pays more for a game than they did 10 years ago, just no way.

Creating artwork for games is also easier because of art programs like photo shop, or sites like shutter stock.

Cmon... many times Stern gets assets to use like they did on Batman 66.

Probably the only thing that does actually cost more money today is license fees. I would imagine that has gone up a ton.

Otherwise nearly everything is cheaper... remember buying a good 32 inch TV was over 1000 now you can get a 70 inch for less than 1000.

Everything tech is cheap. Stern games are cheaper than ever.

#151 4 years ago

It’s actually comical to hear people say the games are more expensive to make today than before... that is flat out not true. Today you can just order controls in bulk, today you need less labor because of CNC machines. Go pick up older pinballs you break your back today they are a ton lighter because less parts are need to operate them.

Back in the day all these parts where not made in China, today almost everything is and that has brought costs down.

TV monitors are at their lowest prices ever.... the list goes on. It is even way easier now to create artwork, because of photo shop, they didn’t have sophisticated computers back then,.. cmon.

Everything today is faster, cheaper, and easier to do.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drfrightner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-stern-pros-underpriced?tu=drfrightner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.