Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TimeBandit
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oreally_baby.gif
    manual stair climber.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toasterman04.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I think I have used up all my friend favors on moving pinball machines and really would just like to find the best way to move them myself. I tried just using a regular dolly on stairs and only got up one stair. Is a stair climbing dolly worth it? would I be able to do it myself?

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I've owned so many, the answer is, it depends.

lol.... on what....

#7 9 years ago

lol

Quoted from NPO:I think you just answered your own question there.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I think you just answered your own question there.

well ya on paper it sounds like a no brainer, I was just wondering about peoples experiences of them 'in the field'

#10 9 years ago

are they all pretty equal, or any brands I should stay away from?

#12 9 years ago

wow, I just looked into Escalera they are like ten times the price as one from home depot and others alike. I don't want to cheap out but... whew... that I expensive. I wonder if there are any dealers for Escalera in canada

#17 9 years ago

Awesome Archer600, did you get it shipped here?

#18 9 years ago

and what model did you purchase?

#20 9 years ago

awesome, I was looking at appliance dollys but those look more just like guides over stairs, I also want to stay in this hobby forever and know my back will not!!

#24 9 years ago

P.S. If you would like to come check out the escalera, maybe we can even find a pinball for you to take back to Saskatoon!

oh snap I am very impulsive.... I might have to think about that

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from Archer600:

Yes, in my opinion the stair climbing hand trucks are waaaay better than those appliance ones. I also own an appliance dolly with the rubber belt which helps slide the truck over the stair. They are not comparable as the appliance dolly still requires two people for most stairs.
    P.S. If you would like to come check out the escalera, maybe we can even find a pinball for you to take back to Saskatoon!

I will PM you

#27 9 years ago

what about these?manual stair climber.jpgmanual stair climber.jpg

#28 9 years ago

has anyone tried using a system like this?

#32 9 years ago

wow sounds like unanimous decision.... looks like I gotta phone La :party:rry

#45 9 years ago

I am very impressed and excited to learn about Larry's excellent reputation.... Good on you Larry... Honestly thank you all for the comments... I can sure say the appliance dolly is out from what you are all saying... I am sure now I just have to convince myself that I have put the next pinball purchase on hold and buy a lift instead

#57 9 years ago

one guy commented on grease left on the stairs... did anybody else have this issue

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

you think that might be a problem for you just put a sheet on the stairs and that will keep any potential problem from happening.

isn't that dangerous?

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

so a sheet isn't an issue unless you trip on it.

lol ya that's what i am worried about

#80 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I've picked up and delivered pins and slots to working person's homes as well as high end homes with curved hardwood and white carpeted stairs using my Lectro Truck. I've never had an issue with stains or damage.

so what model would you recommend?

#90 9 years ago

thanks guys great comments

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toasterman04.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-stair-climbing-dollys-worth-it?tu=toasterman04 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.