Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TimeBandit
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oreally_baby.gif
    manual stair climber.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipnout1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 9 years ago

I'm a bit biased since I'm an Escalera reseller. Take a look at my site and I have a video of me moving a Flintstones up the stairs and also using the forklift attachment to lift the game up and put it in a truck or add/remove legs.

I've had guys sell other brands to buy an Escalera. Call me anytime and I can answer any questions you might have about moving games, what accessories you might want or need. I can give you pricing etc.

I just moved today the head unit to a Skee Ball into my showroom by myself. Had to go up three steps and over a threshold. No problem using the Escalera.

I go to many of the shows and have a booth there with an Escalera there so you can see it in person. Next show I'm scheduled to be at is Pinball Expo in Chicago in October.

Ask yourself this question. Is it worth screwing up your back trying to move these games?

[email protected]

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

wow, I just looked into Escalera they are like ten times the price as one from home depot and others alike. I don't want to cheap out but... whew... that I expensive. I wonder if there are any dealers for Escalera in canada

#15 9 years ago

I sell to Canada and have one going to BC next week.

#41 9 years ago

You can still deal with a landing using an Escalera. Depends some on the size of course but if you are using some kind of Dollie now then you should be able to use an Escalera

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

God i wish i could afford an Escalara !!

I take credit cards

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Do you ship international?
    Maybe a group buy for a bunch of us down here?

Yes I can ship internationally. It's not that bad money wise but each country has it's own import rules so I would need the local person to deal with a local customs broker.

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinball4ever:

Yes, this does happen and there's not much you can do about it. BUT - it doesn't happen that often, only on a thicker pile of carpet. It does not happen on shorter carpet or wood, etc.
    I don't have the big wheel attachment but I'm thinking that may aid in preventing the grease touching the longer carpet, but I can't say for sure.
    Overall, fairly uncommon but it does happen.

The Big Wheel Attachment can't be used while climbing stairs. It must be removed prior to going up or down if you have it attached. I do use it for going over thresholds however. Its a perfect application for that.

As far as grease on carpeting goes. Yes this could happen. BUT if you keep your chains lightly lubed and wipe any excess off this minimizes any transfer to carpet if its a long nap. If you think that might be a problem for you just put a sheet on the stairs and that will keep any potential problem from happening. I've gone up many a stair with carpet and its really not a problem. It also has to do with the angle as you move your load. Properly balanced with a pin the chain should not come into contact with the carpet at all.

#72 9 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

I love mine. Yes, you can get grease on the carpet! I have done it and more than once. I use mine for all kinds of moving. Like I will put the long plate on it (Attachment) then put a pin on it and lift it up and side it into the truck. The one thing I can't seem to get the hang of is balance. When you come up the stairs or down if you do not balance the darn thing right you'll kill you back fighting it. I have add a ton of attachments to mine including extra straps.

Here is a tip if you are having trouble balancing it.

Assuming you are going up. When you get to the first step and think you have the angle right and the truck is up against the first step go ahead and push the toggle switch to start the lift but just as the feet touch the step release the toggle. Now the feet are just touching the step and have not started to lift the load. Push down on the handles enough to get the new balance position and push the toggle again to start the lift. That eliminates the slight shift in the balance point. Do that for each step. This is a slower way but if you are a little worried about the load shift this makes it easy and remember. Let the Escalera do all the work. All you do is balance the load.

Hope that helps

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

isn't that dangerous?

Check out Escalera's website. It shows them lifting a load on a block of ice, a very slick plastic surface. I'm not sure of the official name but all the weight of the load is on the two feet so a sheet isn't an issue unless you trip on it.

#88 9 years ago

Typically a fully charged battery will climb 100 FLIGHTS of stairs before it needs charging. As the battery weakens it goes slower and slower. I have tried climbing stairs with a game on an almost dead battery and it never completely quit. It was barely moving but it did it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipnout1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-stair-climbing-dollys-worth-it?tu=flipnout1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.