Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TimeBandit
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oreally_baby.gif
    manual stair climber.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobertWinter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from toasterman04:

one guy commented on grease left on the stairs... did anybody else have this issue

I have. In fact, it's the main reason I no longer use mine. Also, my staircase is spiral which doesn't help. I tried putting packing blankets on the stairs to help, but the blankets can get caught in the chain and really screw things up.

Quoted from homebrood:

Make sure you have a good charge on the battery too before you go moving machines.

Ditto to this big time. I made the mistake of trying to move a smaller game down the stairs without fully charging the battery. I made a number of mistakes that day. The second mistake was that I had no one there with me, and it was one of the first times I was using it. I got down about 4 steps (out of 15) and the battery died. So there I was, alone, with a machine part way down a staircase, with a dead battery and no help. The only saving grace was the game I was moving was much smaller than a pin, but it still was 175+ pounds. Then add the weight of the Escalera.

It took me about 30 minutes, but I managed to heft that machine back up those four steps by myself. Lesson learned.

#87 9 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

It must not have been an Escalera.

It was.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobertWinter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-stair-climbing-dollys-worth-it?tu=RobertWinter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.