New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 277775)

Are slings normally wired the same left and right?

By topkat

31 days ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 days ago by topkat
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

#1 31 days ago

I have a data east machine that has a right sling with a cap/resistor on the lower switch and the left has it on the upper.
The left doesnt register in test Mode But the right is fine. Before I change it to match I would like to know if that symmetry is a
Good rule?

#2 31 days ago

The switches on both sides are wired in parallel, so which switch the cap is on won't matter

#3 31 days ago

Thanks. Shoot. Then that isn’t why the switch doesn’t register

#4 31 days ago
Quoted from topkat:

Then that isn’t why the switch doesn’t register

Is it clean ? No broken wire from switch to switch to switch to board in the head ? Is it wired right. Compare the wires and components and lugs on the leaf blade switch to the working one.

Or post a good picture of both of them here for help.

LTG : )

#5 31 days ago

First two photos are the left sling. I removed the cap and resistor off the upper switch, but they had been there and test fine.
The wires look the same as the right except the left has an extra wire on one lug? The connectors to the board look good.
In game the sling does fire

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6 30 days ago

The switch that registers in switch test is the one that's mounted separately on the bracket, not the ones with the cap and resistor. That's the direct activation switch, which is why it works in game. Put the resistor and cap back on, that's there to give a solid pulse to the firing of the sling itself.

#7 30 days ago
Quoted from slochar:

The switch that registers in switch test is the one that's mounted separately on the bracket, not the ones with the cap and resistor. That's the direct activation switch, which is why it works in game. Put the resistor and cap back on, that's there to give a solid pulse to the firing of the sling itself.

Thanks. I will replace the components and check the switch on the bracket for a bad diode.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 7,999.99
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 22.00
Hardware
The MOD Couple
$ 14.95
$ 235.00
Boards
RS Technologies
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing
$ 39.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Concealed Art

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside