Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Twister Sigma 1.JPG
Twister Sigma 2.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#162 9 years ago

I reallz have to recommend Sega Goldeneye! Played it first in Visual Pinball, but was a bit meeh... then I started digging more into it, and settled for one in great shape. Its difficult and very cool, a long lasting pin!

Also its from the period just before Sega started to become "cheaper" in every way, so the machine feels generally solid and good.

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from akm:

I'm just curious, but what do you find difficult about it?
It certainly has a lot on it though and it makes it feel more like a game that had some time and effort put into it versus some of the later Sega pins. The moving satellite, the rising mini ramp, the satellite magnet, the tank diverter on the right ramp, the magnet grabbing the ball between the flippers, and the mode scoop that fires the ball back at you during multiball--there's a lot going on here in a good way and it all works well together. The rules are far from perfect but you get more here than you do on a lot of other later Sega pins from what I can tell.

Well, besides the possible chance that I might not be that a skilled pinball player, also the fact that I just havent spent THAT much time playing Goldeneye, what makes it difficult is that it drains the balls to the side darn fast. Almost Addams-Family-right-outlane-drain at times. It can hit a rubber and fly into outlanes faster than i can blink. Also, getting superjackpot is very difficult, there is no ball save and the balls have the "everybody out of the pool" tendency alot. Third, I find finishing Q's Pen a real bitch, but that makes it even better the times I accomplish it. Still havent come to wizard mode tho =)

How is yours when it comes to outlane drains?

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Honestly, I felt a difference between DE pins and Sega pins. Segas felt cheap.

I have to second this, with the exception of Goldeneye and Baywatch, which almost feels more like DE machines. Although I enjoy Sega pins, I feel its wrong to say that Stern, Sega and DE are the same, because while it may be Gary all the way, the actual machines feel different and also I feel Stern games have become much deeper than most Sega-era games. Just stating facts =)

Sega machines are usually good bang for the buck, and its nice that we have those to choose from

#192 9 years ago

A strange or mayhaps just a "different" thing is that the modes on Goldeneye scores often downwards. First shot scores 20 mill, next 15 mill, 10 mill etc. just an ...interesting variation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,900 (OBO)
$ 12.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 6.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.99
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-sega-pinballs-any-good?tu=edenecho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.