Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Twister Sigma 1.JPG
Twister Sigma 2.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 10 years ago

I wouldn't say LOTS of good Segas. Some are downright dogshit.

Sega's elite is Batman forever. Starship troopers is an awesome game as well.

MSF is tolerable.

Everything else is downhill. SWT is god aweful. ID4 terrible. Xfiles is probably the worst DMD game ever made. SP sucks. Maverick is ok. Baywatch is pretty damn good, but crappy theme. Twister not so good. A13 great novelty that wears off quick. LIS unfinished could have been good. Godzilla, not much to it and bland.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

A SEGA is really a Stern for all intensive purpose's...
So if ya think Sterns are good then Sega's must be too...

I have to disagree. Because you can tell the difference just by looking at a DE, to a SEGA. Now BF, BW, MSF and Maverick, look like DE games. Because they technically still are. Tho they say Sega on them, they were made during the change over. So they are more DE than anything else. The true Sega shitfest, starts after that. With crappy photoshopped washed out colored artwork. Lame ramp sets ups and crappy rules and call outs. Lets not even get started on the showcase backbox idea.

Now move on to when stern started taking over. Games looked and felt much better again. More like the DE era. Sharky's shootout feels a lot better than ID4. You can tell the difference. each company did things different and you can tell the difference. Sega's good to bad ratio was terrible. up there with Premier DMD line. Least the build quality on Premier games was top notch, and the toy ideas were fantastic. Just the rules were flawed on most games. Except Stargate, which has one of the most in depth ruleset in all of pinball (except TSPP and LOTR).

#66 10 years ago

VND was one I wasn't even thinking about when making that post. I was mainly thinking about the overly overdone twisty ramps for no reason. Like ID4, Xfiles , LIS and shit like that. They make the playfield look overly cluttered. And not with toys either. It's like they used the ramps to try and make it look like the game has more on it, than it actual does.

Btw, I have seen MSF and BF that say DE on the cabinets before. So they definitely could be considered DE games. Anyone ever see a Baywatch or Maverick that says DE on the side? curious if all 4 did or not.

Btw, those out there thank think WOZ is revolutionary. Would have to also say they think Checkpoint is a revolutionary marvel. Since it's the first game to even have a DMD animated display.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

TFTC is fun
SST is fun
Xfiles is wacky fun

TFTC is DE. People need to stop overlapping DE and Sega. They are different. Things were done differently from one company to the next. DE had a ton of good games. Some are awesome. Sega had 2% good games. Lets not dirty the water for DE please.

#71 10 years ago

SST is awesome. Super fun game. Sounds are horrible. You have to gut the sound system and redesign it from scratch.

The art package on SST is horrible as well. Luckily they kept the photoshopped work down to a minimum. most of it, is colored insert boarders. Rules are great tho. Love me some SST. Out of the "pure" sega line. SST is the best. With the DE/Sega transition Batman forever is the best.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

If I keep reading posts from you, I'm going to die from second-hand wrong!
There are only a couple of bad Sega's in the whole line. Every-other Data East game is a one-shot wonder!

DE has great titles.

TFTC
Tommy
GNR
POTO
JP
Time machine
WWFRR

All of them are not one shot games.

SW was, but is now fixed. But still the best SW ever made.

Good Sega games

Batman forever
MSF
SST
Baywatch

Ok games
A13
twister
VND

Bad games
ID4
SP
LIS
Godzilla
Golden eye

WORST GAME EVER MADE IN THE STYLE OF DMD

XFILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DE has some great stuff. Sega's track record on the other hand. That right there gives -10 points for having one of the worst games ever made in your arsenal.

As far as other games like Torpedo ally, and maverick and what not. I cannot say, as I have not put enough time on them to voice an opinion either way.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Are you seriously going to sit here and tell me that Time Machine isn't a one shot game? Really?

absolutely not. how you going to get multiball started if your not hitting the standups?

#95 10 years ago

that is true in a sense. So I guess in that aspect, it's like CFTBL. But TM is more fun. and a better multiball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 85.00
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,800 (OBO)
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quincy, FL
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-sega-pinballs-any-good?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.