Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Medisinyl
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CDBDE526-196C-4032-91B3-9A56A2966636 (resized).png
    01E31735-0012-4E48-9A8F-D492BF984F44 (resized).png
    91E7C1E9-03C5-41BC-9DB3-9CB0ABFE4AC3 (resized).jpeg
    ac02f37134b7e4e55b1746198d519f16 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 10.40.46 AM (resized).png
    LIGHTSWWITCH.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Haymaker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 1 year ago

If pinstadium was really smart they'd have a budget version in the $100 range but no they just keep coming out with "fancier" versions that are more and more expensive. There is certainly room in the marketplace for a no frills, ready to go stadium lighting mod. No dumb wifi, no app, no flashers even, just white lights, maybe your choice between cool, medium, and warm at the very most.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Or they'd be able to explain new product details in simple English without being cryptic or dancing around the subject.

Yeah, the marketing wank dripping off all their products is very cringe, but a lot of people eat that stuff up. Especially a lot of the people who don't mind dropping 600 bucks on lights for their pinball machine. I imagine it helps you convince yourself that the price is worth it.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Ah. I see you have a plain old white light switch.
    In my game room, my "Neo Fusion Lighting Actuator" switch is outfitted with "Thor's Gauntlet" and a "Platinum Photon Power Cover." It also has an integrated app that injects INSANE levels of performance to my pinball play. And when I say "insane," I mean INSANE!!! Even better, it's friendly with EVERY pinball machine EVER made!
    So, you might have paid $16.99 for your plain-Jane switch... and I paid $599.99 for mine. But, sorry, you're missing out.
    [quoted image]

JFC I choked on my coffee laughing at this

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Just your standard bullshit pinside rumor started mainly by people who refused to believe some pinsiders really like the product. But epthegeek is right, it was a "truce" of sorts the moderators laid out so he wouldn't advertise them in every single game thread and the people who hate them wouldn't go into his product thread and trash them and anyone who asked about them.

No no I kinda remember that too. They had some sort of deal where if you gave a review in public you would get a discount or something and it led to a bunch of people making posts about it.

#89 1 year ago
    Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I have zero affiliation with Pinstadium and have even less reason to reply to this thread other than to let you lovely pinfolk know, like any mod used tastefully (Pinstadiums or DIY versions of) can improve your pinball playing experience if you allow yourself a chance to try it without prejudice.
    I own 2 "legit" Pinstadiums and a number of DIY versions of. I run them at between 5-10% of maximum strength, just enough to fill in the shadows. And to my eyes, the pinball machines running PinStadiums "at an appropriate volume" offer the same lighting experience designed from factory, however are easier on the eyes in darker situations, making tracking of the ball easier, shooting easier etc etc. Far better than adding extra led floodlights etc. If your eyes are less then perfect, at least consider a global lighting improvement an option.
    I get plenty of old schoolers hate on them, especially with PinStadiums terrible example photos which show heavily blown out playfields flooded with light etc. However, when used well and tasteful, I find they can genuinely help from a playing point of view.
    The cost is a sticking point for many and personally which stops me purchasing more. $300+ or whatever it is for Pinstadiums with UV flasher, vs roughly $30 for a DIY version (with a few caveats), why not try.
    It's pretty low lying fruit to bag them out. But other than a couple of my pins which I find come with decent lighting from factory, I'll continue to use something to supplement the relatively basic lighting from factory. Makes my experience better, so who gives a f%&k what someone else thinks. It looks like Stern and JJP are starting to implement a similar experience from factory, so why are folk so quick to disregard their potential.
    Make yourself a DIY set for $30 bucks, run them at 5-10%, what have you got yourself to lose?

I'm with you, I can totally understand why people would like the product. I can see a use for it in a couple of my games and I generally play with the lights on. I just don't want to pay 300-600 bucks for it. If there was a cheap alternative for like $100 bucks I'd be very interested as I'm sure many others would be too. DIY is a great option, but its wild to think people wouldn't use the gaping void in the lower price range to fill the niche of people who don't want to pay 300 bucks or make their own. If it is indeed PS themselves shutting down such projects, then thats just sad.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Haymaker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-pinstadiums-next?tu=Haymaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.