(Topic ID: 241725)

Are pinside estimated values accurate or is pinflation just insane?

By Nokoro

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by lpeters82
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I've been casually looking for another pin in the $2,000-$2,500 range and seen a few for sale that I might want. But, when I compare the asking price to the pinside estimated value, they are often listed for well over the estimated value listed on pinside (and, we're not talking about collector's quality pins). So, I'm wondering how accurate others find the pinside estimated value to be. I'm not expecting to make a profit on flipping anything. I just don't want to take a significant loss when I eventually sell.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDoctor82:

You can go through classified ads here and Ebay and see what machines are selling for to figure out what the market values them at.

The problem with that is that it shows what people are trying to sell the games for. Not what they actually sell for. I suppose if there are multiple people selling the same game for a similar price, that is some indication, but if every one is negotiated down by a few hundred dollars before the sale, it is not captured.

Quoted from ReplayRyan:

you need to research competed sales

How do you get completed sales data?

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Here is an overly simplified chart of what I've seen with prices in the hobby over the past 10-years. Prices are up overall, however remakes seem to have brought higher end games back in line with your NIB (Premium).
    [quoted image]

That's a great chart and seems to show what I've been noticing, that these ~$2,500 pins are starting to increase in price substantially. At least if the Pinside average price is lagging behind by a year or more.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-pinside-estimated-values-accurate-or-is-pinflation-just-insane?tu=nokoro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.