Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Dung.gif
    IMG_6494.JPG
    IMAG0680.jpg
    zpfile001.jpg
    zpfile000.jpg
    IMAG1784.jpg
    wineg4.jpg
    wineg1.jpg
    wineroomg.jpg
    mail.jpg
    IMAG1784.jpg
    There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Two can play the fine wine and gun game.

Attachments IMAG0680.jpg (278.4 KB, 0 downloads) 6 hours old

ROFL... pairing an HK with box wine is a travesty.. ; )

Quoted from JDub1006:

I wanted to take a pic of my wine cellar and then I remembered I dont have one. I have some nice Miller High Life pics....Regular and Tall Boy

One thing I tell people about wine is don't be intimidated by the high-end/expensive stuff. It's all about peoples' personal preferences, and cost really has little determination. Personally, some of my favorite wines are $15-$20 bottles. But here in New Orleans, it's such a "foodie" place, that it's good to have some pretentious stuff to go with a more formal meal. But if it were up to me, I'd prefer the more common stuff any day.

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Plenty of these to trade for your BBB if you'de like

I'll see your fine French wine and raise you...

Attachments wineg4.jpg (120.1 KB, 0 downloads) 18 hours old wineg1.jpg (160.9 KB, 0 downloads) 18 hours old

Like the bottle openers, I just blow the top off of mine too.

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

When you buy a bottle of wine to store and drink years later, you are gambling. You pick the winery, the year, you pay attention to the weather and other local conditions. You hope that when you open it someone has rated it 100 pts. You can pad the odds in your favor by choosing a reputable winery, but they can have bad years like anyone else. You hope you at least get your investment back if you bought extra, and occasionally you might hit a home run and get more than your intitial cost for a bottle. You can drink the wine or sell it.
    How is pinball collecting similar or different from collecting wine ?

I see tremendous parallels... though my wine room is a bit smaller than my game room.... as you shall soon see, sir!

#54 11 years ago

Some Pin's are Great , While other Titles that i Don't like , they make me feel like I gotta Dung.gifDung.gif

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

One thing I tell people about wine is don't be intimidated by the high-end/expensive stuff. It's all about peoples' personal preferences, and cost really has little determination. Personally, some of my favorite wines are $15-$20 bottles. But here in New Orleans, it's such a "foodie" place, that it's good to have some pretentious stuff to go with a more formal meal. But if it were up to me, I'd prefer the more common stuff any day.

A friend of mine used to try and find the best wine for the cheapest he could.

And in the process discovered a lot of really great wines can be had reasonably.

LTG

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-pins-like-wine/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.