(Topic ID: 78858)

Are people really paying the crazy high prices seen on pinside?

By Deez

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 279 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by karmalord
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-7.jpeg
    t2 a.JPG
    Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 10 years ago

Slightly off topic, but having a checkered floor = no taste at all.

#74 10 years ago

GLWS and "Wish I was closer" comments are just noise from guys who for some reason care about increasing their post count scoring. Totally worthless comments that add zero value to any thread.

#176 10 years ago

My second round of collecting started last summer after being out of the hobby for 10 years.

Eight Ball Deluxe - $300
    Party Animal - $400
    Starship Troopers - $500 (traded an X-Arcade machine I bought for $500 two weeks earlier for it)
    TSPP - $900
    Black Knight 2000 - $250
    Wipe Out - $650
    Hi-Score Pool - traded a snowblower for it
    Lethal Weapon 3 - traded Party Animal for it

Nope, I'll never pay Pinside prices for a game. But I've got some nice trade value now if I wanted I higher value game.

#199 10 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

The others seem somewhat plausible, but this seems impossible. I'm going to need to hear the story...

I posted my story, got plenty of shit from jealous collectors and the thread was locked. Summary, bought it and sold it the same night, made $2100, and more than paid for my family's Disney vacation.

#251 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I still don't care about cabinets if the price is right. I appreciate an unfaded/nice cabinet as much as anyone - but if I find a game with a nice playfield but faded cabinet, and it's $1000 less than the going rate - I'm buyin' that game! At the same time, I'm happy if I get an unfaded cabinet at a faded cabinet price. It's all relative.

Yup, get a not so nice cabinet, then place it between two other pins. Playfield and backglass condition matters the most. You don't play on the cabinet.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-people-really-paying-the-crazy-high-prices-seen-on-pinside?tu=pomc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.