(Topic ID: 78858)

Are people really paying the crazy high prices seen on pinside?

By Deez

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 279 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by karmalord
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-7.jpeg
    t2 a.JPG
    Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if a game has a balls deep restoration (not a shop job but a real restoration) or HUO with all original cabinet. The price tends to be double of what it normally sells for. This has always been the case in pinball. Even back in the day when machines were reasonable.

Yes exactly. I do not pay attention to price books because of the variance involved. If I want to know a true current value I look it up on comparison website to see what is currently available for sale and what condition it is in. Or what is my replacement cost? Another thing to consider is location. California seems to be the highest priced market while Oregon, Texas, Florida and Illinois seem to be priced lower and more competitive. Areas like Utah and Wyoming are the black holes of pinball with no inventory and very few listings. It is all about supply and demand-but where is the supply and where is the demand. As far as examples go how about fully restored Wh20 for $8k or even the current TSPP HUO low play for $4600. To a serious collector these machines are a great value and are worth the extra money. It is difficult to put a valuation on some restorations and modifications or low number plays but like everyone around here says " The true value of what something is worth is what someone is willing spend."

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Pinpedia says 1100-2300. I don't know how much one is worth other than what the price guide says and how much money I have in my pocket and how close I am.
    http://www.pinpedia.com/machine/857

You just proved the point that price guides are worthless. I will take a Tommy for those prices unless it is a complete routed turd? I have seen nice Tommy's going for $3000-$4000. If I can get a decent Tommy for $2300-I will take five of them.

#51 10 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Hey, now. There is pinball down here in the black hole

LOL-Yes you do but it is a private VIP club and everything usually is word of mouth or KSL? I did not even know about KSL until I met my Utah and Wyoming Peeps(;

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Well it looks like you can get one from joshmx19 so you just need 4 more

From Ad...
    I am selling my Tommy machine. It has been lightly shopped with LEDs put in the GI and new rubbers and bulbs everywhere else. Flippers have been rebuilt and the game works and plays well. Its certainly not CQ as the cabinet has been touched up here and there (before I got it) and the wires seem to be pretty dirty and I didn't tear it down enough to wash those. The only thing that doesn't work is the blinder for the apron. All the parts are there but I think the small board under the apron is bad. There is a guy in Germany working on a new board though and they have been reproduced in the past although pinball life sold the last one a few weeks ago. The playfield is pretty nice with only a few wear spots on Tommys jacket (just down to white not wood) and behind the Union Jack shot (Easy touch up as it is black and hidden under a wire form ) The DMD looks good but it is not showing up well in pics because the shutter is set fast for the LEDs.

Like I said if you find a decent Tommy- not player quality I would be interested for $2300(;

#239 10 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

My point of view is from a low budget buyer, and someone buying that title in the low budget buyers price range and flipping it out immediately cuts all the low budget buyers out of the picture of owning that title. I know life's not fair, but an opportunity is missed for the low budget folks.

OK this explains it all. I looked at your collection and kinda made this assumption. Pinball is not a cheap hobby and if someone cannot afford certain titles, does not mean that people who can afford them should leave the "deals" for the guy with a select budget that can afford them. First come first serve. If you snooze you lose. There is no problem with someone picking up a pinball at a good value-with some meat left on the bone and then offering it up at a later date for market value or below. Many times the machine being re-sold is still a great value in the current market. If it is above market value it will not sale. Let the market determine, not someone with a low budget and a chip on his shoulder. Everyone gives Teekee crap but in reality he is an asset to our hobby and helps people find hard to get collector quality pinball machines at market value. Serious collectors appreciate not having to search high and low for a quality machine. Haters going to hate.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-people-really-paying-the-crazy-high-prices-seen-on-pinside?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.