(Topic ID: 78858)

Are people really paying the crazy high prices seen on pinside?

By Deez

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 279 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by karmalord
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-7.jpeg
    t2 a.JPG
    Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmiked.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 10 years ago

People should list their machines for whatever they want. If someone is willing to pay the seller’s price what does it matter to you? In my experience, people only bitch about pricing when they are looking to buy a game they can’t afford. However, many of these same people are quick to list their machines at top dollar when the shoe is on the other foot. It's simple; if you don't like the price don't buy it. Offer the seller less and maybe he/she will take it. If he/she doesn't bit then move on; clearly you don't want the game as much as the seller does.

Personally, I don’t care what anybody buys/sells their games for. I’m only worried about my own transactions.

#172 10 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Someone around here is looking to sell their WH20 for $8K. I cringed.

I sold my WH2O for $8k, only lost $2.5k in materials plus a couple months of my life. Like you I "cringed", but hey it's a hobby and I'm glad my buyer got a great deal. At least he'll play and enjoy the game.

#177 10 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

No implications about you personally, Mike. In fact I enjoyed your video where you remade MB. Very cool.
    I just think that $8K is insane for a 20 year old machine. It's a personal opinion.

I hear you

It comes down to what people like and how they define value - everybody’s different. What I don’t understand is the concept of “price policing” in general. If somebody can sell a Class of 1812 for $7k it doesn’t hurt my feelings - I didn't buy it. I just don’t get why some people feel the burning need to shit all over other guys FS threads. Don’t get me wrong, I see stuff I think is overpriced all the time, but I don’t feel the need to tell everybody I think the seller’s price is crazy – What value would that add? Mamma always told me, “If you don’t have something nice to say don’t say anything at all.”

#186 10 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Apparently games that are affordable are quite plentiful in your neck of the woods I guess. IMO, it's not 'shitting on someones threads' if you are commenting on the price as long as you do it politely. If you don't want comments on your game/its condition/your reputation, then don't post a for sale in a public discussion forum, put it in the marketplace. If someone sell a Class of 1812 for $7k its not that anyones feelings are hurt. I don't think anyones feeling are hurt. And of course, sure is great for the seller at that moment...but when someone sells a game at a higher price, then everyone tends to drill the prices up. I think that hurts everybody in the long run.

I live in the Pinball Mecca of the Universe - Jacksonville Florida. 904 represent

Seriously though, went I really want something I work my ass off, save up my money, and buy it. If I want it badly enough I'll over pay the RGP approved price, that doesn't mean I'm setting a trend. Personally, I don't need anybody's help to determine what I'm willing to pay for a pinball machine.

#187 10 years ago

Crap I tried to hit the "Quote" and accidentally hit "Ignore." How do I undo the "Ignore" feature?

Can somebody PM me that's in the know? Douhhhh...

#189 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I don't know...I can't hear you....

Oh, crap I almosted ignored you tooooo........

#273 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinstor12:

Some people can afford nicer pins, some can't, some care, some don't, some understand, some never will, some see the better than new restoration jobs, some can't see at all.
    Can't wait for the next price thread!

Yeah, but doesn't this beat a good old fashion JJP vs. Stern thread

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmiked.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-people-really-paying-the-crazy-high-prices-seen-on-pinside?tu=pinballmiked and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.