(Topic ID: 78858)

Are people really paying the crazy high prices seen on pinside?

By Deez

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 279 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by karmalord
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-7.jpeg
    t2 a.JPG
    Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider laryans.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#135 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

SoCal Craigslist was pinball heaven around 2007-2010 or so...great titles & projects CONSTANTLY showing up at great prices....then it really started to dry up. Once the collectors & flippers gobbled up the "casual owner" inventory, those games were kept in collections or repaired/shopped/restored & sold for more. I barely look at CL anymore, and when I do, it's the same 3 T2's that have been listed for a year for $2k+. Hopefully you'll start seeing good deals again once people realize they're going to HAVE to lower their price to sell these games. Or - if you see a game you want, it can't hurt to offer a realistic price. I've purchased games at great prices after seeing a high-priced ad and making a reasonable offer. Just be nice! Say something like "If you can get what you're asking, by all means...but if you want the game gone - I've got cash, I'll show up on time, and get it out of your way."

100% agree. I'd add that once the economy took a dump there were a bunch of people who started to depend on game flipping to survive, plus the quasi-retailers have discovered it's a source of cheap games. Craigslist has become a long shot for deals on pins and other arcade games unless you are using one of those apps that constantly checks for you, and even then the competition is insane. Right now I think it's better to just buy at market value and be happy and not be obsessed with getting cheap deals.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider laryans.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-people-really-paying-the-crazy-high-prices-seen-on-pinside?tu=laryans and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.