(Topic ID: 78858)

Are people really paying the crazy high prices seen on pinside?

By Deez

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 279 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by karmalord
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-7.jpeg
    t2 a.JPG
    Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackslater.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 10 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I feel like I keep seeing sale threads on this board which seem ridiculously high for a machine and then immediately after people will post how they think it's a cheap price and they wish they were closer. The machine will then sit at that price for a few weeks and sometimes longer until they eventually get sold. If you do a quick comparison of the prices listed in these threads compared to pinpedia or bostonpinball, they're 20% + higher. I wish that sellers would be required to list the actual sale price of the machine in the thread so I could get a better feel of what is occurring. I just can't believe that some people are paying crazy money for some B titles.
    I understand the whole concept of a machine having higher value if it is shopped, LEDd and condition condition condition. I just wish there was more price transparency in the hobby and since pinpedia and bostonpinball use actual completed sales, how the pinside prices could be so much higher.

quite true, but trends starts here. Remember a year ago? exactly? Some joe started a ironman lovefest thread and every owners jumped in to pump and dump theirs and prices soared to 5K for a relatively marginally wanted game. They shure created a Frenzy.

#91 10 years ago
    Quoted from Maken:

Living in Canada, I am jealous of pinside prices. Most titles up here are a rip off when compared to recent pinside sales.

there is a pump and dump market currently going in Canada... Just way for the crash down.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackslater.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-people-really-paying-the-crazy-high-prices-seen-on-pinside?tu=jackslater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.