(Topic ID: 78858)

Are people really paying the crazy high prices seen on pinside?

By Deez

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 279 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by karmalord
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images-7.jpeg
    t2 a.JPG
    Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dantebean.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago

They probably have them for sale on other sites and they might sell to someone who doesn't know any better. I try hard not to say anything but some are just so badly overpriced I make an ass out of myself and say something. I was just about to comment on a FS thread but nothing good comes from it. They will start lowering the price if it doesn't sell or they will keep it.

On Klov is an "Overpriced game thread" that has some funny stuff. I don't think a thread like that on pinside will last long here.

I see flippers on this site trying to make $1k+ flipping and are complete jokes but some really nice flippers who are happy with the $200 profit and seem to be good people. (You know who you are)

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

can you list some examples of games you think were overpriced where people were posting that it was cheap?

That would start a Sh*% storm. I have 2 I could post. They stick out on marketplace and thread.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I'm not here to crap on peoples for sale threads. I'm just trying to see the separation between pinside pricing and the price guides. I'm sure everyone has seen examples of this occurring on this site.

I think price guides are good with negotiations with "non collectors." You just take the published book and say "hey look at this, that pin isnt worth $5k its worth $3.5k. Some people may bite and accept the book. So you pay $25 for a book to get you $1k off on pin. I don't have a price guide but may purchase in the future.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

so you guys want to whine about a supposed problem but refuse to cite examples. how are people supposed to engage in this conversation?

Quoted from pezpunk:

so you guys want to whine about a supposed problem but refuse to cite examples. how are people supposed to engage in this conversation?

We are having the conversation just fine without throwing someone under a bus.

#89 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

That IS hilarious, considering that over there, you're not allowed to call someone out for selling dirty busted used parts for more than you can get for brand new from a common vendor...

Klov is why I am here more and created "Midwest Arcade and Pinball collecting" group on Facebook.

All positive energy............Enjoy it! - Brody Stevens

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dantebean.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-people-really-paying-the-crazy-high-prices-seen-on-pinside?tu=dantebean and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.