(Topic ID: 75713)

Are people passing on pre-order pins such as TBL, Hobbit, MMR etc.?

By rai

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Noface
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I was excited to get on MMR LE list, but as there is no difference from the standard (except trim and shaker) and as I see dozens lightly used pins such as Woz for sale, it seems as if there is less reason to buy a game especially a game like MMR, TBL, The Hobbit all of which are not limited such as Predator or RAZA.

So, I am thinking of dropping my pre-order for MMR LE, and holding off from The Hobbit and TBL as well.

Anyone else feel this way?

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

Stay in if you want the game and realize you will lose a few dollars when you sell it.
    Get out now if you were hoping for appreciation in value.

I was thinking, games will be cheaper once they are selling, for example MMR now is $8k plus shipping, who is to say that once the regular games are for sale they won't be $7k (or whatever) as the case with WoZ dealers pay under msrp and are free to make deals compete against each other as well as have to be priced below used MMR LE prices.

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

good eye mark9

As for me, I would like to know more as well, to me shaker (meh) and gold trim which I might as likely opt out of, that does not exactly sell me on the MMR LE rather than wait until they come out. Also, since this is a 'new' game it would really impress if it came with color changing LCD so that in some ways it will stand out when next to a STLE for example.

I am not saying one is better or worse, but IMO MMR should bring something new with it, sure some people want it to be exact but there could easily be an option to toggle on old school or color display and old rules or maybe a few new home use rom options so to speak with maybe expanded rules or sound effects or dots.

What I mean, sure have the same basic MM as the original version but also have the optional we'll call it a power pack or home ROM or whatever that could change up animations rules etc..

#109 10 years ago
    Quoted from ronlisa:

Thinking of doing the same. My 90's pins are just setting around since Stern and JJP has stepped up there games .
    I rather have $8000 tied up in a new released theme pin from today , than having $8000 in a new pin that looks and plays like it's from the 90's.

I am thinking about MMR, I have not played one in 7 years or MB or AFM. So I was thinking MMR would be a must have, but since I have Tron, acdc, STLE and XM LE. I was playing my games like TOTAN, IJ, CFTBL TZ less.

At first I thought it was that I had played my old games a lot and just got tired of them, but then I had been without CFTBL for a year and got a chance to get one back on a temporary trade. I thought I really missed that game but once I got it back I played like 5 games and realized it did nothing for me anymore.

I am afraid that MMR will be like that older games? I mean I have a fan layout with ACDC premium and a game with ramps and loops with a shaking toy with STLE. But once I am used to the light show of those games as well asTron, I wonder if MMR will appeal to me especially at $8k?

In other words if I am used to 21st century games will I still love games from 18 years ago?

My hope is that MMR will have programing for color changing LEDs as well as color changing LCD but no word on that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-people-passing-on-pre-order-pins-such-as-tbl-hobbit-mmr-etc?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.