(Topic ID: 75713)

Are people passing on pre-order pins such as TBL, Hobbit, MMR etc.?

By rai

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Noface
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hollywood.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 10 years ago

I'm in on MMR LE, PRED and waiting to hear on RAZA (and I got my METLE this way).
    I have no qualms about being on a preorder list whatsoever. I understand the concept of waiting and buying used/HUO and potentially saving a grand. But couldn't it go the other way? I know I paid more for my routed LOTR than it initially sold for. ***In no way am in this hobby to make money, just stating the flip side** I sometimes find it more of a hassle (as I am impatient) searching for used games and dealing with the drama of kijiji, CL etc. I have seen many claimed HUO examples that are pretty banged up, or have problems that I am not well enough versed to have spotted until I get the game in my possession. I get the concept "play the game, not the box" but how many threads have we seen regarding the smell of new game? Pictures of box-openings? Sometimes having it first can be magical - like an adult Christmas!
    Another thing I like about the whole pre-order scenario is that I am able to "save" up for a game and have the option to bow out fully refunded if I don't like the direction the machine is going. It allows me to play my current collection until I have had enough then sell to make room for the next title.
    In the end, to each their own, we all just like pinball.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hollywood.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-people-passing-on-pre-order-pins-such-as-tbl-hobbit-mmr-etc?tu=hollywood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.