(Topic ID: 75713)

Are people passing on pre-order pins such as TBL, Hobbit, MMR etc.?

By rai

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Noface
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmunn1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 10 years ago

I am in on MMr and Hobbit. medieval is my holy grail.

I think MMR will be successful for multiple reasons:

- Rick knows in order to do more of the Bally/Williams classic repros he has to hit a home run.
    - He has the support of Williams and they have a lot to gain as well.
    - One big advantage he has is as a customer we know how it will play.
    - The risk/reward is in updating the electronics to new standards. Will it be high quality and reliable.
    - I think he has too much to lose in future sales to let that happen.

One added benefit could be completed code for CC? That would be another title I would preorder if the code were completed like in CCC.

Hobbit is another holy grail theme for me. There is some risk to Hobbit mainly from will he get the WOZs done fast enough. If he can't deliver fast enough and the majority of folks don't like it he will not be able to command top dollar no matter how well built they are and they are beautifully built like a tank.

I will not pre order from Stern, and never have, until they have a proven track record of finish coding their machines.

It's a buyers market right now so unless a pin is a holy grail theme no one should preorder.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmunn1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-people-passing-on-pre-order-pins-such-as-tbl-hobbit-mmr-etc?tu=bmunn1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.