(Topic ID: 47690)

Are people burned out on Metallica... even before it has shipped?

By sd_tom

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by vex
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Master_of_Puppets.jpg
image.jpg
hetfield.jpg
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Debacle! Glad theme was deal breaker for me as seems like a lot of angst

#2 11 years ago

No

#3 11 years ago

Yep, tired of it already.

#4 11 years ago

WGACA

#5 11 years ago

Yep

#6 11 years ago

Yep. More sick of hearing about WOZ though. I didn't really believe it even existed until I saw it at MGC. I just figured Jack was on an island on the Bahamas with a bunch of hookers. Lol!

#7 11 years ago

Not so much burned out on Metallica but burned out on the way Stern has changed the market by selling limited editions. Not only has this caused prices to skyrocket, just look at the forum to see what is going on. People are at each others throat to get that "limited" edition. Everything was better in the pinball world before limited editions came around. And yes, I do own a few limited editions because I buy them to get all the features. But it's getting to the point where this trend is going to price me out of the market on NIB games. I am content with watching Metallica from the sidelines this go around, at least until the LE hype is over and maybe I will pick up a premium down the road.

#8 11 years ago

Once the Metallica discussion rages on for a couple years with no games released, then we'll be burned out.

#9 11 years ago

Limited editions cost Stern what $200.00 more than a premium so there is a heavy markup.

Its a tough call on this. I think the better play for Stern is to just run Pro and Premium and then start selling side armor, trim alternate translites etc.., This would give them a new profit stream to offset the $ they would not have by doing a LE.

If I were Stern I'd up the number of Metallica LE by 50-100 to meet demand and not screw over the distributors.

550 is still limited

#10 11 years ago

If I was tired of Metallica it would have happened 20 years ago.

#11 11 years ago

Maybe Jack wasn't so crazy when he offered 1000 WOZ ECLEs.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Maybe not, but I do think the 1500 Hobbit LEs when WOZ has not shipped was crazy.

#14 11 years ago

Wait....there is a Metallica pin coming out.

I have to call a distributor and see if I can get a LE.

#15 11 years ago

Hmmm... perhaps more in common between Metalica and Woz than first thought.....

hetfield.jpghetfield.jpg

#16 11 years ago

No, just quit reading about it...I'm F'n stoked!!

#17 11 years ago

I am. They are douche bags.

#18 11 years ago

HA HA. No burn out. Only anticipation. No burn out on WOZ either. Only WOZ threads.

#20 11 years ago

Hell Yes, we want Maiden!

#21 11 years ago

I disagree with the comment that everything was better before LEs. Everything was cheaper. yes. But the quality of machines was starting to go down. The LE move brought us TRON LE, ACDC LE, AVENGERS LE, and METALLICA LE. These are four powerhouses made for collectors.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Hell Yes, we want Maiden!

And more drama to come!

#23 11 years ago

Still think Maiden would have been better>>>>>>>>>>>>

#24 11 years ago

WOZ has had it's thunder stolen by Metallica. They took too long to get to market. Metallica officially announced and 4 weeks later machines are in hand. WOZ - what, 2+ years now?

#25 11 years ago

No way, I'm super excited!!!!

...and I think the new Donny Premium looks GREAT - so hopefully those who missed out on the LE won't feel too sad. They can still get the same game, same features, great art, and lower price!

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Once the Metallica discussion rages on for a couple years with no games released, then we'll be burned out.

Ha. Perfectly put.

Chris

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No way, I'm super excited!!!!
...and I think the new Donny Premium looks GREAT - so hopefully those who missed out on the LE won't feel too sad. They can still get the same game, same features, great art, and lower price!

What is the Donny ED. Has this been confirmed? What does it look like. I can't keep up with all the threads.

I love pinball so its all interesting to me. Even when its just me and the popcorn watching from the sidelines.

Chris

#28 11 years ago

Burned out a mere week after the official announcement, with the Pros on the assembly line at this moment?

Um, I'd say no.

-Mark

#29 11 years ago

I am just burned out on the hype monsters and all the guys that a shoving their $$$ in any companies face before they even see a stinking video of a game in action.

I think Stern is actually leaving lots of $$$ on the table with the LE business model. It seems colectors are hyped for the next thing. Now you toss on this debacle with the MOPLE and people are already moving focus to the next game.

If they were smarter they would not announce the edition size for the next LE and just make as many as are ordered. Many artists do this with a timed edition >> available for preorder for X number of days. Pay in full in that time frame and you are assured a game. If 932 people order then the run will be 932 games.

Seems simple and a win/win. I would bet lots of folks that were interested in MOPLE will now just go on to buy the next pin rather than the premium Metallica...

#30 11 years ago

These mirror threads make it very apparent to me that WOZ owners are tired of the salt being rubbed in their wounds !

#31 11 years ago

I think we need a poll.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I think we need a poll.

How bout a smoke first?

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

These mirror threads make it very apparent to me that WOZ owners are tired of the salt being rubbed in their wounds !

The only problem with your speculative statement is that the original poster (sd_tom) does not have a WOZ order:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-part-of-the-woz-dirty-dozen-already-called-by-jack/page/6

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The only problem with your speculative statement is that the original poster (sd_tom) does not have a WOZ order:

SO !

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

How bout a smoke first?

Hilarious! He wasn't smoking in English, though?

#36 11 years ago

They say smoking is not addictive. How can they say that?

#37 11 years ago

METALLICA and STERN in the Freakin Wall Street Journal!! Oh yeah. Pinballs coming back.

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20130418-911084.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If I was tired of Metallica it would have happened 20 years ago.

Well Said!

#39 11 years ago

No

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Notice how no one is clamoring to get one? When it comes up, someone is usually quick to point out that with 1000 of them out there, one will show up on the resale market before long, and because there's so many the prices likely won't be outrageous.

#41 11 years ago

Nope, exact opposite. I can't wait to play it.

#42 11 years ago

Thanks everyone for tolerating my pot stirring. And yeah, I don't have WOZ coming

While I didn't miss getting an XM, I had originally planned to get one as a group buy with two prominent pinsiders here from FF. I got the report he got his orders cut, i was SOL, and I thought I was going to lose out but GEX still had a few wolverines. So at the time I got a bad vibe about FF as a distributor as I didn't hear a lot of chatter about that happening in bulk (unlike now).

Ah the good ol' days of the xmen hype.. When we kept it all in one thread

#43 11 years ago

new spot opened up next to ACDC for MOP.New Polk Subwoofer in place. Mirror Blades and shaker motor lying on the floor.
I will get burned out after 20 hours of play...maybe.
Stoked to have ACDC and metallica thumping away.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Yes its just so horrible that I don't have my pinball machine. I am so depressed I may commit suicide.

I just can't go on without my WOZ!

#45 11 years ago

So burnt out.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

So burnt out.

How many Metallica threads are you going to post this in?

You haven't even been a member at Pinside for two weeks, but you are already "burnt out"? Try reading and contributing to threads here that actually interest you.

#47 11 years ago

And as usual its not a buyer of any of the pins...

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How many Metallica threads are you going to post this in?

He's trying to catch up to your pkp.

#49 11 years ago

Lighten up multiple Francis's......

#50 11 years ago

Metallica is going to cause Pinside to go plaid.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 25.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 26.50
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 149.00
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-people-burned-out-on-metallica-even-before-it-has-shipped and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.