(Topic ID: 256896)

Are OEM Bad Girls Translites still available?

By Oldschool77

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pincity
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC01148 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

I'm casually eyeballing a Bad Girls, and the translite, at first glance in the pics, has the typical yellowing that these era 80B games get. Before i make an offer, i was curious if there's anyone that sells the OEM ones, or does anyone know where to get a gently used one that still has retained its colors? There's one on Ebay but it's for an astronomical price.

Thanks!

#2 4 years ago

I've not tried it with a translight, but this sort of UV-induced yellowing can easily be reversed by the use of a strong Hydrogen Peroxide bath and (perversely) exposure to strong UV (sunlight will work). I've used that technique for a number of plastic parts, and it is almost miraculous in effect. The only issue with a translight would be potential reactions with the image dyes, so I won't say "do it", but maybe someone else has tried?

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Dude:

I've not tried it with a translight, but this sort of UV-induced yellowing can easily be reversed by the use of a strong Hydrogen Peroxide bath and (perversely) exposure to strong UV (sunlight will work). I've used that technique for a number of plastic parts, and it is almost miraculous in effect. The only issue with a translight would be potential reactions with the image dyes, so I won't say "do it", but maybe someone else has tried?

Yeah I've done the same before too, works great on old EM white posts....would be WAY too scared to do it to a translite though. Good though though!!

#4 4 years ago

Did you ask pinball resource if they have them?

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oldschool77:

Yeah I've done the same before too, works great on old EM white posts....would be WAY too scared to do it to a translite though. Good though though!!

I've tried it on things with artwork (e.g. plastic CD box-set cases with printed text), and as long as you don't go overboard with the peroxide, it seems to be ok, but as you say a translite is a bit more of a risk!

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did you ask pinball resource if they have them?

I did, i reached out to them, Mayfair and TNT......waiting to hear back.

#7 4 years ago

Mayfair has them. $150 plus shipping. Steve Young does not have any.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from SeymorGoldfarbJr:

Mayfair has them. $150 plus shipping. Steve Young does not have any.

Yeah i just heard back from them....it's more then i expected it to cost so i'm gonna wait until I actually pick up the game and see it in person to decide if i wanna drop that sort of cash. Thanks!

#9 4 years ago

Yeah that’s crazy for an obscure translite. I’m trying to get a new one for Genesis and diamond lady from PBR. I’m hoping they are under $100 each. We shall see.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah that’s crazy for an obscure translite. I’m trying to get a new one for Genesis and diamond lady from PBR. I’m hoping they are under $100 each. We shall see.

I bought a Diamond Lady translite recently from PBR and I think it was only $50 if I remember right. You should be safe!

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

PBR is very reasonable.....good luck. I was able to nab a NOS for both my Genesis and Hollywood heat from them....but that was about 8 years ago. I since sold those games and then bought another of each about a year ago......they needed translites too however PBR no longer had any of either. Try emailing them anyways though, you never know what they may of dug up since then!

#12 4 years ago

Yeah I just emailed them a big list of stuff I need. Hopefully they have most of it.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I just emailed them a big list of stuff I need. Hopefully they have most of it.

Get in line. Jimmy still needs to confirm my order from last night, including a Vegas translite.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Get in line. Jimmy still needs to confirm my order from last night, including a Vegas translite.

Figured they would be pretty backed up from thanksgiving.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Figured they would be pretty backed up from thanksgiving.

My order got confirmed around noon, just a few hours later than normal. Not bad at all.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

My order got confirmed around noon, just a few hours later than normal. Not bad at all.

Just got mine confirmed too. I think what I did wrong was order during their break and assumed it would get addressed when they came back. Sent again this morning and it was confirmed really fast like usual.

#17 4 years ago

tntamusements has one...Bad Girls $60 mylar-some stains

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from slghokie:

tntamusements has one...Bad Girls $60 mylar-some stains

Thanks...that's Odd because Todd said he didn't have any this morning. Oh well, i broke down and shelled out the dough for a NOS one from Mayfair. It's a lot...A LOT, and i'm not proud of what I've done but i got the game at a great price and it doesn't really need anything, so i don't feel too bad. And i CANNOT stand a yellowed translite.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oldschool77:

PBR is very reasonable.....good luck. I was able to nab a NOS for both my Genesis and Hollywood heat from them....but that was about 8 years ago. I since sold those games and then bought another of each about a year ago......they needed translites too however PBR no longer had any of either. Try emailing them anyways though, you never know what they may of dug up since then!

Does it happen often that PBR uncovers stock they didn’t have before/didn’t know they had? (Serious question)

If so, may need to reach back out. About a year ago I was looking for a Monte Carlo translite and there were none to be had

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from pincity:

Does it happen often that PBR uncovers stock they didn’t have before/didn’t know they had? (Serious question)
    If so, may need to reach back out. About a year ago I was looking for a Monte Carlo translite and there were none to be had

No clue, i'm just speculating. Sorry. Wouldn't hurt to reach out though! If you don't mind shelling out the cash try Mayfair maybe. NO ONE seems to have a bad girls translite, and from the pic Mayfair sent me they appear to have a whole drawer full of them.
    DSC01148 (resized).jpgDSC01148 (resized).jpg

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oldschool77:

No clue, i'm just speculating. Sorry. Wouldn't hurt to reach out though! If you don't mind shelling out the cash try Mayfair maybe. NO ONE seems to have a bad girls translite, and from the pic Mayfair sent me they appear to have a whole drawer full of them.
    [quoted image]

No problem - it's a good point, plus it never hurts to ask! I'll have to check to see if Mayfair has any.

To my knowledge, Steve isn't reproducing these, so it makes me wonder what's going to happen when the supply of these NOS translites dries up. But then again, some people hate the 80B translites, so maybe that's what they're hoping for!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-oem-bad-girls-translites-still-available?hl=dr_dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.